Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Poster

7,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I'm currently using an ASUS Computer with Windows 8 (I'm not sure what Series / Model the Computer is or how to check it). I've only recently got it this year (December). At first everything was fine but as of recent (the past month or two) it tends to randomly restart on me. It doesn't seem to have any pattern on when it restarts except it seems to be most common when I'm playing League of Legends (in this case it may just happen once in a game, but sometimes twice or even three times). It isn't the kind of restart that a computer will do because of Windows Updates. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Start > Run > Event Viewer

Once there go to Windows Logs and then System. See if you can find any errors that have a symbol which looks like a red circle with an exclamation mark in it then copy and paste the error.

Invisible Poster

7,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Lanackse-Kanvae

Once there go to Windows Logs and then System. See if you can find any errors that have a symbol which looks like a red circle with an exclamation mark in it then copy and paste the error.

Sorry for the super late reply, hoping you're still with me.

I found a couple that all say "The previous system shutdown at [Insert Time Here] on ‎[Insert Date Here] was unexpected.". A few on the other hand are labelled Critical instead of Error and say "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I can assume for this statement it refers to the random restarts I've been having.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
anbu-of-sand
Lanackse-Kanvae

I found a couple that all say "The previous system shutdown at [Insert Time Here] on ‎[Insert Date Here] was unexpected.". A few on the other hand are labelled Critical instead of Error and say "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I can assume for this statement it refers to the random restarts I've been having.

Yes it refers to the restarts but that's not what I asked. Next time this happens go into the Event Viewer as I've instructed in my previous post. Something is causing these restarts and it will be noted in the Event Viewer.

Invisible Poster

7,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Lanackse-Kanvae
anbu-of-sand
Lanackse-Kanvae

Yes it refers to the restarts but that's not what I asked. Next time this happens go into the Event Viewer as I've instructed in my previous post. Something is causing these restarts and it will be noted in the Event Viewer.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what you're telling me to look for. When I go into the Event Viewer and I find the ones that say Error (or Critical) those statements were all that were written when I clicked. When I go to the Event's properties the only thing I would assume is useful is the Event ID but that probably isn't it. There's a Details Tab that has a bunch of things such as EventData, Binary Data which are really just a bunch of letters and numbers put together but I'm pretty sure that may not be it either.

Dangerous Knife

anbu-of-sand
Lanackse-Kanvae
anbu-of-sand
Lanackse-Kanvae

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what you're telling me to look for. When I go into the Event Viewer and I find the ones that say Error (or Critical) those statements were all that were written when I clicked. When I go to the Event's properties the only thing I would assume is useful is the Event ID but that probably isn't it. There's a Details Tab that has a bunch of things such as EventData, Binary Data which are really just a bunch of letters and numbers put together but I'm pretty sure that may not be it either.

User Image

Be sure to look out through this. It should be relatively the same UI as Windows 8's

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff