Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

I've seen CompUSA employees turn other people away, because they charge $30 to install a piece of software. Or at least attempt to.

The guy didn't want to install two games, cuz it'll be $60 bucks and take 3 days.(due to a workload queue)

Still, I wonder.
A thought... there are people who can be excused for not understanding computers; not everyone is technically inclined, after all. I don't expect everyone to know how to keep a car running properly to be allowed to drive; why should I expect people to learn how to do some of the less obvious computer stuff?

Computer geeks are one of the few groups that actually expect it of people. I tend to disagree.

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Levilprivateer
A thought... there are people who can be excused for not understanding computers; not everyone is technically inclined, after all. I don't expect everyone to know how to keep a car running properly to be allowed to drive; why should I expect people to learn how to do some of the less obvious computer stuff?

Computer geeks are one of the few groups that actually expect it of people. I tend to disagree.

I agree totally.
I have always tried to teach while I fixed, sometimes I'd actually get through to the kindly old ladies who "paid" me with food.

I rarely ask for money unless I am hard up or it does take alot out of my time, Most of the time I ask for food. Eh, I'm a sucker for home cooked dinner.
Levilprivateer

And I'm sure all the mechanics get togeather and complain about what people do to their cars. Infact a know a few that do smile All groups expect it of all other people.

However, since we (the geeks) use the internet more, our complaints are heard by more, and are more numerous, as our stories of anger and hate are shared by those allover the world, and not just in the same city.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff