Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
CelesaAkitaka
gunnerlees
do the cards shuffle at each game?
what if i put my cards in a certain order? what happens after each round?

Tho I've been away for a while, unless it's changed, cards shuffle. If they didn't, then you would never need the option to redraw you hand and anyone with better cards would have a huge advantage...that or you'd see everyone from the same faction having similar setups

but isnt that the entire point?
to set your cards so you have the advantage early on?

Codebreaking Genius

8,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
gunnerlees
CelesaAkitaka
gunnerlees
do the cards shuffle at each game?
what if i put my cards in a certain order? what happens after each round?

Tho I've been away for a while, unless it's changed, cards shuffle. If they didn't, then you would never need the option to redraw you hand and anyone with better cards would have a huge advantage...that or you'd see everyone from the same faction having similar setups

but isnt that the entire point?
to set your cards so you have the advantage early on?

I'll sound old or nerdy on this, but that would be like having an original Yu-Gi-Oh deck with Summoner of D. and The Flute of Summoning Dragon on the top of your deck that you could draw and first turn a Blue Eyes White Dragon. I only reference that because ages ago, there was a kid who would stack his deck like that.

Err, I guess the best way to put it is that those with all the cards would win almost every time if you were allowed to set your deck to what you want every turn. The point of deck size and drawing cards is the more cards in your deck, the less chance of having every card you need right off the bat. You have to use strategy to build an appropriate sized deck that will have the cards you need and won't be too big so that you can't draw what you want. The luck aspect is what gives everyone a chance, otherwise all the new players would quit or games would be too predictable.

2,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
i remember those!! XD
i was more pokemon back then but either way

thats understandible but then theres no point in organizing the deck that i have unless of course i hit over 60 cards

Familiar Lunatic

Got into a bit of an odd situation: self obliteration.
As in:
    - My last few and only units VS Flamewing's last and only unit ( Krylyr)...
    - I lose the battle, don't have anything left to summon nor cards to draw...
    - Yet the match didn't end there. Krylyr just stayed where he was and I clicked "done" until I lost the final battle.

I think the match should have ended when I achieved "self-obliteration".

~~~

This made me think of a theoretical scenario:

- Player A's last and only unit/card Filth Elemental self-destructs, killing Player B's last and only unit/card. So neither can summon or do anything for the rest of the match.

By my understanding, the match would go on until Final Battle.
Well, Eternal Battle because neither side have units to fight with.
And. Erm.

.__________O

Malevolent Warlord

11,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
gataka
As in:
    - Yet the match didn't end there. Krylyr just stayed where he was and I clicked "done" until I lost the final battle.

~~~

- Player A's last and only unit/card Filth Elemental self-destructs, killing Player B's last and only unit/card. So neither can summon or do anything for the rest of the match.

And. Erm.

.__________O

i will test this O:

Familiar Lunatic

EIf King
gataka
As in:

~~~

And. Erm.

.__________O

i will test this O:
Tell me when you're done o3o

Malevolent Warlord

11,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
gataka
EIf King
gataka
As in:

~~~

And. Erm.

.__________O

i will test this O:
Tell me when you're done o3o

lol from what i can tell, the person with the filth elemental will win o3o as i got the your army was destroyed and my cousin got the you obliterated the enemies army

User Image

User Image

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Elazar
An explanation of what "Pinned" means and how it happens would be cool. It happens to me sometimes and I still only have a vague idea of how it happened since I wasn't able to study the board movements (pieces moved too fast for me to understand how it happened).

^This^
Does it work in a who finishes the turn first?

The Werehog

Damage Aura and Ranged Attacks

It always felt extremely counter-intuitive to me that my bowman would get hurt by an aura even though he's an entire screen away from the enemy. Even when I use a unit with damage aura, I feel like it's "cheating" since there's virtually NO WAY TO AVOID IT except if you use a special. Damage Aura is extremely overpowered because of this, and I feel a simple, and obvious, fix would be to have it not effect our ranged troops.

Friendly Citizen

5,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
since this is the beta one thing that would be nice is if the player could scale the playing map in the field of vision, because it would be easier to stratigize on the map if you had a larger over all view of the map, also I did a p.v.p. match and won, and was awarded a card, but the screen just jumped to the lobby, and no new card was applied to my innovatory, but I did receive my xp. That being said, I have only just started to play the game, but so far other then a few little glitichy bits the over all game play of the game is a lot of fun.

Friendly Citizen

5,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
mini_frost
Elazar
An explanation of what "Pinned" means and how it happens would be cool. It happens to me sometimes and I still only have a vague idea of how it happened since I wasn't able to study the board movements (pieces moved too fast for me to understand how it happened).

^This^
Does it work in a who finishes the turn first?

See I was thinking it had to do with overwhelming force, but I am kind like you, I'm not sure what exactly causes a pin.
I find that the Flameborn race is under powered. When I was fighting a Hellspawn race, I found myself losing despite the odds being against him. ie. 4 v 3, in my favor with better cards, just barely winning... This is probably because from what I see the skills from the cards are alot better compared to the flameborn skills.
Rayne the shadow wolf
Durithill the Black Blade

Edit: Also, it would be nice to be able to select which battle you want to act out so you don't get stuck fighting the 1 vs 1 battle while you have a 2 vs 4 battle going on somewhere else that you might be able to actually win if you could control it.

I agree being able to choose which fight we control would be a massive key in our victory or loss of a battle.
THIS! I always send certain units to fight thinking 'oh i have this spell here" and then ******** the oppenent attacks me somewhere and thats the selected battle

Lunatic

16,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Object of Affection 150
False Assassin
I find that the Flameborn race is under powered. When I was fighting a Hellspawn race, I found myself losing despite the odds being against him. ie. 4 v 3, in my favor with better cards, just barely winning... This is probably because from what I see the skills from the cards are alot better compared to the flameborn skills.

This. While I think the Flameborn might have initially been overpowered, I think they've really taken a bit too many hits.

Quick examples of balance, compare Apprentice Geomancer vs. Wyrmtail Sage. The AG has faster speed, higher HP, a lower cost and a snazzy +5 damage to all allied units for the rest of combat (which stacks over multiple uses). The row is the same, the base damage and spell damage are the same, the accuracy is the same...

It's a bit overwhelming. Also Raykl's new ability. The Stun.
Cost:30/Time:10 "Attack target unit. It has a 50% chance of causing stun."
vs. Dead Sun Minion
Cost:10/Time:10 "Deal 15 damage to an enemy. That enemy has a 50% chance of getting stunned."
Basically I don't understand why Raykl's works like it does. (Not to mention the other base balance issues with him right about now. This is about his ability.)

So the Dead Sun Minion can stun the unit before it takes an action, and on the second turn albeit trading a potential 25 damage.

Raykl has to wait 3 turns to cast his ability and then can do it every other turn, but also has to wait until his turn on the speed order to see if it actually hits and even then sometimes graze makes it not work even on the 50% chance that it might have.

So what I'm getting at is that as a Hero/Herald/Boss Guy... his ability and effective power are comparable and even weaker to a degree when compared to the Level 1, 18 cost unit.

There's other discrepancies as you go along the comparison of units. I don't think there should be perfect balance as that would result in a dull game, but there should be something different that makes them more substantial when compared.

Mister Monster Guy

It always felt extremely counter-intuitive to me that my bowman would get hurt by an aura even though he's an entire screen away from the enemy. Even when I use a unit with damage aura, I feel like it's "cheating" since there's virtually NO WAY TO AVOID IT except if you use a special. Damage Aura is extremely overpowered because of this, and I feel a simple, and obvious, fix would be to have it not effect our ranged troops.

I have to agree with this. There should be some way to effectively negate the damage aura. Hitting someone with spikes for a damage aura makes sense. Hitting someone with an arrow and getting hurt on those spikes doesn't.

While you can say "It's magic" for something like the Succubus. (Which makes her a bit stronger than people seem to think.) Something like the Screaming Boulder might not be quite the same premise.

I wouldn't negate it entirely from ranged units though, but make it more of two abilities. Something more akin to "Spikes" vs "Damage Aura", where one implies magic and the other physical spikes stabbing you when you hit them. Spikes can then be applied to all factions, because it's not entirely irrational defense to have, but Damage Aura would remain Demon exclusive. (Even if it's higher values of spikes leaning into Demon Faction)... Though maybe I'm going too far out there in terms of what changes might be made to it...

I think Critical Strikes might be one route to avoiding Damage Aura for now, in that perfect precision might allow one to hit the weak spots.

ALSO GUARDIAN OF THE PLINTH
I know this unit might initially have been intended as strong, but it really only measure up to other units when it's alone AND defending. All of it's stats are a bit too low except it's health when compared to it's total cost. Which might be fine and dandy, but if it's supposed to be a solo-defensive unit, there's still things holding it back a hair, especially in those cases of solo-defense.

Shirtless Explorer

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mister Monster Guy

I agree with this; if it's an aura, a ranged attack should stay clear of it.

Night's Agent
On another note, I think Night's Agent has no business being in the first row. As an attuner, she's more of a strategic character; besides, her HP is too low to function as a meat shield (but being low, it attracts attacks), making it nearly impossible that she'll survive the three rounds required to do the pitiful 25 damage special to the second row.
I'd suggest moving her to the back, reducing the delay from 2 to 1, and increasing her cost to 18.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff