Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Please use this thread to report any and all client bugs -- that is, any issues that you get with the flash client. This includes:

- buttons grayed out improperly
- lots of flashing
- game controls not accessible
- sound not playing / playing incorrectly
- slow animation

So on and so forth. Basically, if you can see it on your screen, it's probably a client issue.

If it's an issue with one particular unit, please use the [http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/heralds-of-chaos/unit-spell-bugs/t.82416009/]Unit/Spell Bugs thread.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
gid=1335162538 (nightmare mode)

in the second battle, i select retreat and the buttons are shaded gray. nothing was changing so i refreshed the link. refreshing loaded the "you retreated" message but then the map did not load a portal, some enemies, and some of my army. i reloaded again and now it works.

pics:
shaded buttons
retreat
missing
reload fix

right now while making this post, the music skipped a little bit but i think it is due to my own internet too. not seen any slowdown yet in game.
gid=4071210288

I seemed to get an Issue with speed or slow movement. Mostly when I am on the map and moving and summoning my Units. I look and see that the Fps ranged from 5 to 25. I am not sure if its my browser I am using or what. I closed out of my other tabs and even closed some of my background programs to see if it would improve. But it didn't. Not to mention some of the sound is repeat over and over like the Victory or Defeat BGM. Most of the Map BGM is choppy or skipping, through out the gameplay (maps and battles). It is the only real Issues I am finding.

Edit: I have another issue, I selected my commands clicked done. Both buttons, grayed out. I waited for a few mins. Nothing happen, so I refreshed. Hits up a wonderful loading screen and loads up to 100% then goes black. I waited a few mins cause that is what I did with first start up. Still black screen.

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
My battle in game ID 692404105 seized up where all the buttons are grayed out

Ruthless Consumer

gid=296207838

Sound FX button is stuck on the crossed out mute mode

Tactical Tamer

After finishing the in-game tutorial I click on the "LET'S BEGIN!" button, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Clicking the skip button at the top seems to work though after you finish the tutorial.

Godly Fairy

gid=2906634946
All options are greyed out and the done button doesn't exist (I don't know if that is the case until I actually do something or not).
I've refreshed my browser and updated my flash, but its not helping.
o3o

Fluffy Lover

gid: 535641127, Intro difficulty
Only opened 4 portals (instead of six) and won. When I closed screen to look at the map there were also only 4 portals opened and I couldn't have magically gained 3 portals I needed to win, since I only really moved 2 pieces to new areas (1 of which was the enemy's home portal, the 4th portal I gained)

This isn't a client bug (?) like the Opening Post describes, but I didn't know which thread to put it in.

Fluffy Lover

gid: ?, easy difficulty
Nothing popped up, all I saw was this
User Image

So I forfeit the game.

I started another Easy one (gid: 3289590041) and the same thing happened. So I forfeit the game. I tried again and got the same result.

I also tried to play Medium (gid: 4022062500) and the same thing happened. Also happened with Nightmare and nothing loaded either.

I tried Intro and that worked. Seems like I'm only able to access the Intro mode.

gid: 1130584321, Intro. The more I played the more it lagged. It was so slow at one point I clicked onto another tab to read things before going back lol...

EDIT: More info about above problem. I was able to somehow summon a unit even with a blank screen, it did that whole "are you sure you want to X when you still have moves" thing too.

gid: 2266531088
User Image
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h378/godtrick/Screenshot2012-09-21at31316PM_zpsaec33eb8.png

So I'm thinking the game's running, but I just can't see it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1

Gracious Trader

5,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
gid=523658830

So I've played the game a few times today, each battle running rather smooth, but this run was just the worst. It took awhile for the graphics to load and for the attacks to take place. The worst was when I battled Cataclysm Dragon and Krylyr the Eye. It took forever just to land a single blow or to target an enemy. This time, the gameplay was really slow and really glitchy...

Benevolent Codger

gid=3580133229

In combat, the Unit animations had been blinking out a bit during normal attacks; eventually they disappeared altogether, and the game just couldn't seem to resolve the attacks (framerate was fine, music was playing nicely). The first time this happened against a 'Worm that Walks'; I refreshed, and the game proceeded to tell me I'd won the fight - I don't think the enemy was really that close to dying, though. The second time it occurred, all 4 Units in the skirmish (one of which was a 'Worm that Walks') disappeared; I refreshed (twice) and one of my Units had apparently died (but I think he was close to it, anyway).

I continued to notice the animations blinking out occasionally (at least a few times without those accursed Worms involved), and Flash eventually white-screened - not sure if it's related. The last actual battle I fought seemed to... Skip over, the last 3-or-4 attacks - the results were accurate (my 4 characters attacked and defeated an enemy), but it happened instantly and without animations. All-in-all, a whole lot of blinkin' goin' on... sweatdrop

EDIT: I've noticed 'blinking' issues mostly on other large enemies, like Cataclysm Dragon, but also a few times on things like Jagged Legion. It doesn't appear to be universal or completely random, but I haven't figured out exactly what the logic is behind it yet...

Benevolent Codger

You probably shouldn't be able to forfeit after you've won - it doesn't appear to change the results at all, but it plays the forfeit music and animation nonetheless, which looks pretty silly. It'll actually keep letting you forfeit over and over again as long as you keep closing the pop-up, until you finally click 'Start a New Game'... sweatdrop

----
EDIT: Rather than triple-posting, I'll just add things here for now.

Battle flags - particularly the big, obnoxious 'Selected Battle' one - can block each other, making it difficult to interact. Currently (gid=335371564), I've got a Battle Flag preventing one of my other (woefully outmatched) Units from Retreating. A bit of a nuissance, that... stressed

----

A similar problem with Units, as it were:

User Image
(gid=1318494698, if it matters)

Seems like it would particularly affect flying Units, thanks to the offset from their 'base' to the animation...

Wealthy Tycoon

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
I tried to click 'Play Now' under the Challenge a friend, but nothing happened. I refreshed the page and it is still not doing anything. Using Internet Explorer, Windows Vista.

Romantic Lover

20,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
gid=1649879769

Mainly just really slow and laggy. Took a bit to load attacks. Other than that, pretty decent.

Dapper Noob

10,250 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
The game does NOT play well with the Opera browser, and by that it doesn't start, and is unresponsive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff