Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wily Trickster

27,700 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Slayer 200
I have screen shots of the leader board showing an individual gain almost 2000 boss kills this evening. This is not possible to do without using a glitch, and obviously the individuals with scores higher than what is possible to have at this time are most likely aware it is a glitch.

This needs to be addressed and I would appreciate it being done promptly. Cheating and bad glitches should never effect the outcome of an event. If both sides have people guilty of using the glitch maybe removing the totals for those who did it.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Arya Hghar
It might have possibly been the staff fixing things -- many people have had their kills somehow reset.
One person who was in the top 3 for the Angels side lost about 2000 kills one day.

Event bugs should be reported in the Halloween 2k14: Event Bugs thread though, and if you want to call out certain users who you suspect may be cheating, feel free to PM Zero Omega about it.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I'm with this person, because if the people at the top of the leaderboards, especially on the Angel team, had earned these boss kills without a glitch then there'd be a lot more dead angels and demons.

It does not help that people are also posting how to do the glitch either. You need to fix it and take away the scores of those who abused this glitch. For reference, I've included a screenshot of the leaderboards I took this morning after I had logged on:
User Image

Please do something about this!

Wily Trickster

27,700 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Slayer 200
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Arya Hghar
It might have possibly been the staff fixing things -- many people have had their kills somehow reset.
One person who was in the top 3 for the Angels side lost about 2000 kills one day.

Event bugs should be reported in the Halloween 2k14: Event Bugs thread though, and if you want to call out certain users who you suspect may be cheating, feel free to PM Zero Omega about it.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

I didn't post it there because it isn't an event bug. I watched the individual that was at the top of the angels list go from 7000 to over 8000 in 30 minutes. It would have been impossible to have that occur. He was up to 10000 an hour or so later. Thank you for the person to send the PM to about the issue because I would have had no clue where to send anything.

I want to say thank you for the information and attempts to help out, because it is one of the things I love about this community. It is far different from other communities online, and it is because of people who step up like you just did. smile

Aged Genius

This has been fixed and addressed!

Cheaters will have all their items turned to lumps of coal and soulbound for Christmas!

Just kidding. It was an oversight on my part, but we have fixed the problem.

Kawaii Bloodsucker

34,150 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
codemonkey37179
This has been fixed and addressed!

Cheaters will have all their items turned to lumps of coal and soulbound for Christmas!

Just kidding. It was an oversight on my part, but we have fixed the problem.

ok and what are you gonna do about all these points both teams got from cheating?
just say "Oh my bad I'll fix it" and leave the scores as they were is not "fixing" it.
you just put a band aid on it and let the cheaters have their way...and in the end the wrong team won via cheating.
(and before you try to deny that remember the demons had almost a 20%+ point advantage before this glitch became known and was posted on the angel site and encouraged to be used tipping the scales for the angel team.
but I guess this will not happens since this has nothing to do with real life money and I think gaia the company prefers it that the angels will win...it'll make the 'Lore" easier to write and it'll need way less explaining

King Baby

32,250 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Party Member 100
I just got done killing a boss and checked leader boards and now shows that im in top again when the top 5 ranks on both teams were reset. How did i get back on top

Magical Pal

Celebriel
ok and what are you gonna do about all these points both teams got from cheating?
just say "Oh my bad I'll fix it" and leave the scores as they were is not "fixing" it.
you just put a band aid on it and let the cheaters have their way...and in the end the wrong team won via cheating.
(and before you try to deny that remember the demons had almost a 20%+ point advantage before this glitch became known and was posted on the angel site and encouraged to be used tipping the scales for the angel team.
but I guess this will not happens since this has nothing to do with real life money and I think gaia the company prefers it that the angels will win...it'll make the 'Lore" easier to write and it'll need way less explaining

I have a question.
I've killed 4 bosses, but I don't earn any candy from beating them. Just their dolls. I'm about to go kill Aria again to check if I'll earn candies this time.
How many bosses have you killed? Did you check your candies before and after each boss fight?
How many candies did you earn?
So far, I've earned a grand total of 0 candies for killing bosses.
I have, however, killed mini-bosses with Drop Potion in effect, they give me 100 candies per kill (unlike normal kills) and 10 candies per hit (not unlike normal attacks) when I use the 1m attack.

That being said, this implies that utilizing the boss glitch doesn't affect the score of the respective team unless there is a point in which players begin to earn Soul Candies from defeating the bosses that appear after every ten kills.
If that is the case (we eventually begin to earn candies from boss fights), then I believe that the best action here is to just end the event in a draw or make it inconclusive.
Jack has been winning, though. No matter what side had more kills, Jack has always been winning.

Kawaii Bloodsucker

34,150 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PsychoDongYi
Celebriel

I have a question.
I've killed 4 bosses, but I don't earn any candy from beating them. Just their dolls. I'm about to go kill Aria again to check if I'll earn candies this time.
How many bosses have you killed? Did you check your candies before and after each boss fight?
How many candies did you earn?
So far, I've earned a grand total of 0 candies for killing bosses.
I have, however, killed mini-bosses with Drop Potion in effect, they give me 100 candies per kill (unlike normal kills) and 10 candies per hit (not unlike normal attacks) when I use the 1m attack.

That being said, this implies that utilizing the boss glitch doesn't affect the score of the respective team unless there is a point in which players begin to earn Soul Candies from defeating the bosses that appear after every ten kills.
If that is the case (we eventually begin to earn candies from boss fights), then I believe that the best action here is to just end the event in a draw or make it inconclusive.
Jack has been winning, though. No matter what side had more kills, Jack has always been winning.

I don't know why it didn't award you for killing bosses,but on my part I used a Drop potion and decided to give the glitch a test(to see if it was true before I started talking about how wrong it was) I had 300+candies pre-boss glitch test and 2 boss kills after the test I had 3000+ candies and 12 boss kills(I only killed the same boss using the cheat for testing purposes and hence I've stopped playing the event all together because it is all a glitch atop a bug atop another glitch,,and hence the one that cheated the most would win...and I prefer NOT to cheat)
Now I don't see how and if the glitch truly has been addressed but the problem remains the demons (that were obvious more numerous than the angels will loose because of that...since the angels covered a 20+million point gap using it..and now that the(if the developers actually "fixed" the glitch and not just reseted some of the leader-boards) scales have been tiped the demons simply can't cope with the now unfair score + many of the legitimate non cheating people that chose the demon side decided to quit after seeing how unfair the game turned out to be(always in favor of cheating people from both sides) stopped playing all together...I don't care about the items that will be issued to be honest but if there was even a shred of "fun" to be had in this event the glitches and bugs made me simply not want to play any more and truly enough they made me stop.

Magical Pal

Celebriel
I don't know why it didn't award you for killing bosses,but on my part I used a Drop potion and decided to give the glitch a test(to see if it was true before I started talking about how wrong it was) I had 300+candies pre-boss glitch test and 2 boss kills after the test I had 3000+ candies and 12 boss kills(I only killed the same boss using the cheat for testing purposes and hence I've stopped playing the event all together because it is all a glitch atop a bug atop another glitch,,and hence the one that cheated the most would win...and I prefer NOT to cheat)
Now I don't see how and if the glitch truly has been addressed but the problem remains the demons (that were obvious more numerous than the angels will loose because of that...since the angels covered a 20+million point gap using it..and now that the(if the developers actually "fixed" the glitch and not just reseted some of the leader-boards) scales have been tiped the demons simply can't cope with the now unfair score + many of the legitimate non cheating people that chose the demon side decided to quit after seeing how unfair the game turned out to be(always in favor of cheating people from both sides) stopped playing all together...I don't care about the items that will be issued to be honest but if there was even a shred of "fun" to be had in this event the glitches and bugs made me simply not want to play any more and truly enough they made me stop.

Yes. I recently checked and tested the boss rewards.
I received candy from defeating the boss.
The first time I checked though, I received none.
It also turns out that one of my boss kills was not registered into the system.
I've killed five, but it only shows 4.
My not being rewarded may have been caused by this.

Aside from that. I'm unsure of whether or not the leaderboards are correct.
There are players on it that have 0 kills.
Also, the player that has 11K kills seems to have posted here.
let's say that each boss kill amounts to at least 300 candy,
11,000 times 300 = 3,300,000
But the angels are ahead by only by about 700,000 as of this post.
It seems odd, imo.
Of course, I haven't yet taken into account the resets.
idk, I just wish everything weren't so glitchy/buggy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces