Welcome to Gaia! ::

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Just last night, my images, post layouts, threads, everything was fine.
But once I woke up this morning and I opened a few of my threads I began noticing
a lot of them weren't loading properly. The main post itself was fine but images posted
varying from old and new uploads were not showing up with the exception of a select few.

It did occur to me that this might be a server issue with photobucket or tinypic but upon
further investigation I found that this simply cannot be the case. I enter the link into my
browser and I can see the image on the site just fine. However, it seems like gaia isn't
loading the links data, or whatever you want to call it, properly. Simply, its not showing
up whether I'm logged in or not. Everything was working perfectly up until today.
Now when I look at the images, they say 'user image', or when I'm not logged in, user image
failed to load.

Again, they show up fine on the individual sites, but not on gaia so I am left to believe
this is not a problem with my browser or my computer, but rather something to do
with gaia's recent bugs as of late?

I would just like conformation, if anything. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I'd also like to add that they aren't just my images but other users as well.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
lil lemarine
And you're probably using Firefox?
This is an ongoing issue between that browser and Gaia due to how Gaia caches images.
There isn't a fix aside from changing browsers or installing a userscript made by a fellow Gaia.
(If you opt for the userscript, you'll need the Greasemonkey addon for Firefox)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
This is an ongoing issue between that browser and Gaia due to how Gaia caches images.
There isn't a fix aside from changing browsers or installing a userscript made by a fellow Gaia.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Oh I'm aware, but this was a very out of the norm experience.
I'm used to the occasional issue but with that bug, it usually occurs immediately
after an upload. And now suddenly the whole site is acting up. Like just now. Lol.
My friend also stated she's seeing the same glitch with my images sometimes but
doesn't have a problem after refreshing. I'm almost certain now that it's definitely on
gaia's end, due to the recent 'intermittent site issues'. People are claiming ddos?
Not sure if that's for certain or not but I wish that they would clarify if that was the
problem.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
lil lemarine
Oh I'm aware, but this was a very out of the norm experience.
I'm used to the occasional issue but with that bug, it usually occurs immediately
after an upload. And now suddenly the whole site is acting up. Like just now. Lol.
My friend also stated she's seeing the same glitch with my images sometimes but
doesn't have a problem after refreshing. I'm almost certain now that it's definitely on
gaia's end, due to the recent 'intermittent site issues'. People are claiming ddos?
Not sure if that's for certain or not but I wish that they would clarify if that was the
problem.
Yes, it might have been due to the recent site issues -- the images are cached on the server, and if the server goes down then things might break.
I'm not entirely sure if it will be fixed once the servers are completely restored though...
Meanwhile, I haven't noticed any issues with images on FF the past few days . 3 . (but I use the userscript)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

mexican702's Girlfriend

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
lil lemarine

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Thank you so much for the info!

I was also having trouble on this.

Omnipresent Otaku

10,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
May not be exactly the same, but then I saw the second comment about Firefox.

I'm finding that the images for item previews in the marketplace are broken. So, no previews.
Just started today.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces