Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soldier of Song's Pardner

Floppy Member

I'm trying to make an alternate account and it says the username I want is taken, but when I look it up on the search, it says zero results for usernames.

What can I do about this?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kamileunaire
The system sees "username", "U S E R N A M E", and "U-s-e-r_N-a-m-e" as all of the same name.
Basically, the same string of letters/numbers in the same order, separated by spaces, dashes, or underscores cannot be re-used.
Someone probably already has the name you want, but just in a slightly different order than you were searching it.

In order to see if a name is available, it's better to search it using this url:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/type desired username here
If you get redirected to your own profile, then the name is up for grabs.
However, if you get redirected to someone else's profile, then that name and other variations are taken.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Soldier of Song's Pardner

Floppy Member

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kamileunaire
The system sees "username", "U S E R N A M E", and "U-s-e-r_N-a-m-e" as all of the same name.
Basically, the same string of letters/numbers in the same order, separated by spaces, dashes, or underscores cannot be re-used.
Someone probably already has the name you want, but just in a slightly different order than you were searching it.

In order to see if a name is available, it's better to search it using this url:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/type desired username here
If you get redirected to your own profile, then the name is up for grabs.
However, if you get redirected to someone else's profile, then that name and other variations are taken.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Ohh :[[[ I see, I didn't know that! I guess that clears that up then. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff