Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
Barton 8 1023 tends to keep crashing for not just me, but a majority of the users that go to that address. Can anyone explain?

A rumor has arisen that people using certain "I am" items like that Bacon item causes towns to crash for multiple people. If that is the case, and these people who know about the "I am" pose causing towns to break are using them to log into towns and leave, and log back in to crash other users, is that considered abusing a glitch?

It has been proven that "I am" poses crashes towns however, people are suggesting that the fix of the green goo glitch created the "I am" pose glitch.

Will there be a fix to this problem? I know Towns 1 is going down to make room for Towns 2, but right now, we can't even enjoy being in towns without having to worry if someone will come crashing towns.

Friendly Bunny

Are you using towns 1, or 2?

If you're using towns 1, unfortunately nothing will be done to fix it since once towns 2 is all set to go towns 1 will be taken down.

If it IS a problem with towns 2, you can report it here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/towns-2-0/t.78071015/

But really, I imagine it has something to do with something other than the I am items.

Cute Furry

Kazie-chan

If you're using towns 1, unfortunately nothing will be done to fix it since once towns 2 is all set to go towns 1 will be taken down.

If it IS a problem with towns 2, you can report it here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/towns-2-0/t.78071015/

But really, I imagine it has something to do with something other than the I am items.

It IS an issue with I am poses. It's been verified by multiple user experiments, and by experiments, I mostly mean people who know the mechanics of the glitch and exploit it repeatedly to crash towns. Other users have determined which I Am poses specifically affect flash spaces (I hear it happen in Rally and VH as well), and one even proved that the flash file to animate avatars in flash spaces is what crashes, not the flash space itself. It's not a problem with town 1, and it''s not a problem that's restricted to towns 1, so I hope they pay attention to this.

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
Steady Ride
Kazie-chan

It IS an issue with I am poses. It's been verified by multiple user experiments, and by experiments, I mostly mean people who know the mechanics of the glitch and exploit it repeatedly to crash towns. Other users have determined which I Am poses specifically affect flash spaces (I hear it happen in Rally and VH as well), and one even proved that the flash file to animate avatars in flash spaces is what crashes, not the flash space itself. It's not a problem with town 1, and it''s not a problem that's restricted to towns 1, so I hope they pay attention to this.

Has this issue been recognized by any staff members of Gaia? If so, do you have the source as to where it has been verified?

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
Kazie-chan

Towns 1.

Cute Furry

Sky of the Light Night
Steady Ride
Kazie-chan

Has this issue been recognized by any staff members of Gaia? If so, do you have the source as to where it has been verified?

No word from any staff that I know of yet. Key words being "that I know of."

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Mochimin's Prince

Omnipresent Prophet

10,550 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
This has been getting on my nerves. People in the specific flash space I hang out in with my friends spam the place by constantly refreshing so that no one can get in for long periods of time, driving everyone away. I'm finding it hard to believe that no member of the Gaia staff is aware of this.

Cute Furry

Xaphriel Of Eden
I'm finding it hard to believe that no member of the Gaia staff is aware of this.

Yeah, especially after the embarrassment with the staff hangout in Towns 1 yesterday getting trolled. lol

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
Steady Ride
Xaphriel Of Eden
I'm finding it hard to believe that no member of the Gaia staff is aware of this.

Yeah, especially after the embarrassment with the staff hangout in Towns 1 yesterday getting trolled. lol

LOL omg do tell. I wasn't able to go to the address because it wouldn't load. I'm guessing people were flocking in.

Cute Furry

Sky of the Light Night
Steady Ride
Xaphriel Of Eden

LOL omg do tell. I wasn't able to go to the address because it wouldn't load. I'm guessing people were flocking in.

Whenever it wasn't lagging due to high volume, it was getting bacon'd into oblivion. Zero Omega and Siskataya both went MIA for a while because they just couldn't use it. I turned off my abp fix so that I could see the blackscreens happening myself.

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

Gaia please fix this.
A lot of users still enjoy Towns 1. I don't see why you're ignoring this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff