Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cat

15,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hope this is the right forum, and I didn't see a thread yet, so here goes.

Anyone who's visited Towns lately would know of this issue, a seemingly random blacking out of the entire screen.

A user told me it's intentional, someone's messing with it. And proceeded to just give me vague hints about adblock and IE. I was hoping to find more solid answers about how to solve this, if anyone has any ideas?

Smoker

This is intentional. I believe someone is scripting Towns.

Mana Mateus

Cat

15,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Murdoc Betelgeuse
This is intentional. I believe someone is scripting Towns.

I thought so too, but these people won't tell me how to fix it. Apparently they said IE users won't get it? But IE is a horrible browser.

Cute Furry

The issue is with certain I Am poses. After the new green-goo fix, the animation for some I am items just straight-up locks up in flash spaces, usually bringing the client on other users' ends with it. AdBlock can be used to stop the glitchy avatar from loading, thus preventing your client from crashing, but it's tedious to find the avatar responsible.

Cat

15,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Steady Ride
The issue is with certain I Am poses. After the new green-goo fix, the animation for some I am items just straight-up locks up in flash spaces, usually bringing the client on other users' ends with it. AdBlock can be used to stop the glitchy avatar from loading, thus preventing your client from crashing, but it's tedious to find the avatar responsible.

Ah, I see. If that's the case then I guess it's too much of a hassle to actually do that. I hope they could fix that up soon, it's affecting almost everyone.

Anxious Witch

i'm having the same problem STILL

11,025 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
towns goes like that to me too D: omg </3

Hygienic Fatcat

5,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
This hasn't been happening to me, but to my friend. She'll randomly disappear, at the same time as a few others. I'm on a Gateway laptop that uses Ubuntu, and I'm on Firefox. Like I said, I haven't gotten the black screen.

If someone was scripting, I'm fairly sure it would be happening to everyone.

Friendly Poster

I believe some people are using packets to crash other people, but with certain "I AM" items, like the bacon, dodo, sushi, and that green turd looking thing. They have somewhat broken codes that influence them to use hacking programs.

And the IE thing is incorrect, for me. Because I use that browser, sadly, and I am still crashing sometimes.

The best way if to block whoever is doing this. I blocked one troller once, and I didn't crash anymore at that time.

Thieving Genius

7,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Actually you guys are all wrong, for the most part, as someone said yes he is scripting but he somehow got the coding with towns and is messing with it. There is no way to fix this problem but change the coding or scripts, which would take a huge amount of time which gaia would consider a waste most likely they are just going to delete towns. This is sad for the most part and i think that they should fix it. In my opinion gaia has been doing bad lately (like the past months) rally has gone bad, and towns 2 sucks.

-Public Fapper. emotion_kirakira

Thieving Genius

7,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
XxWarriorcatsfanxX
I believe some people are using packets to crash other people, but with certain "I AM" items, like the bacon, dodo, sushi, and that green turd looking thing. They have somewhat broken codes that influence them to use hacking programs.

And the IE thing is incorrect, for me. Because I use that browser, sadly, and I am still crashing sometimes.

The best way if to block whoever is doing this. I blocked one troller once, and I didn't crash anymore at that time.
It is impossible to send packets, or the correct term DDoS, I have experience with DDoS'ing as you know. It's just a guy with no life getting lul's off of scripting and messing with rally codes.

Thieving Genius

7,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
XxWarriorcatsfanxX

And in addition blocking people will do nothing. You crashing is just a extra thing that got pass along his scripting.

Friendly Poster

Public Fapper
XxWarriorcatsfanxX

It is impossible to send packets, or the correct term DDoS, I have experience with DDoS'ing as you know. It's just a guy with no life getting lul's off of scripting and messing with rally codes.

Oh, sorry. I thought Scripting and Packets were the same. I suck at hack-related things. :T

Thieving Genius

7,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
XxWarriorcatsfanxX
Public Fapper
XxWarriorcatsfanxX

Oh, sorry. I thought Scripting and Packets were the same. I suck at hack-related things. :T
It's no problem at all scripting is programs written for a software environment that automate the execution of tasks which could alternatively be executed one-by-one by a human operator. Packets are just things people send to URL's or IP's to crash it. It is a possibility that he could be doing that but it's very unlikely.

- Public fapper emotion_kirakira

10,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Having the same problem and I use IE, so that's not it. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers