Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Smoker

i came here to complain biggrin

Wealthy Noob

I dislike the new upgrade sorry to announce. But you should change it back to the old version because people are starting to complain in forums. Not only is the upgrade bad from my point of view, but its how u loose plenty of gaians ._.
Narumi Misuhara
Hey guys, we've made some significant changes to Towns 2, Rally and Virtual Hollywood backend and UI. As with any change, sometimes we miss stuff or things go awry. Below are some of the things we're aware of and working on...

Known Issues To Be Fixed

• Arrow transition through keyboard not working, arrows must be clicked to change areas.
  • Rally usernames are too big.
  • Find friends feature not working correctly.
  • Rally cars are too small.
  • Server instancing not working correctly, causing overloaded and laggy instances.
  • Gaia Rally racing disabled (still working on some fixes to racing)
  • Gaia standard time day cycle still faster than 5 hours.

If you have run into issues outside of what is listed above feel free to report them here. Approved fixes will be added to the list.

The old versions were MUCH better. Gaia was perfect in 2009...

Dangerous Businesswoman

Other than the lagging, there is the point that all of the room's are connected. I mean, It's not the worst thing ever, but it isn't great either. If possible I think Gaia should go back to it's old way. I know I haven't really given this a chance but, I still prefer the old Gaia better. We didn't have a lot of issues with the old Gaia, and this new once, has more problems then ever before. And on top of that, my avatar isn't working properly in the rally, vh, towns etc. I say, Gaia go back to how you we're!

Dangerous Millionaire

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
Narumi Misuhara
Hey guys, we've made some significant changes to Towns 2, Rally and Virtual Hollywood backend and UI. As with any change, sometimes we miss stuff or things go awry. Below are some of the things we're aware of and working on...

Known Issues To Be Fixed

• Arrow transition through keyboard not working, arrows must be clicked to change areas.
  • Rally usernames are too big.
  • Find friends feature not working correctly.
  • Rally cars are too small.
  • Server instancing not working correctly, causing overloaded and laggy instances.
  • Gaia Rally racing disabled (still working on some fixes to racing)
  • Gaia standard time day cycle still faster than 5 hours.

If you have run into issues outside of what is listed above feel free to report them here. Approved fixes will be added to the list.

1. Unable to move with mouse.
2. Can't sit on the hood of the car
3. Speeds are un-normal
4. Sit/ stand button freezes
5. Long loading times/ Gets stuff on loading screens.
6. Cars stack up and more than one car can use a space.
7. No server lists means full rooms and very slow loading times.
8. This has got to be the worst thing to happen to Gaia since my join in 2007.

You F'd up bug time. Thanks for the bad changes.

Have a good day,
Attack babee/ Max.

Couta_622's Wife

Narumi Misuhara

The new rally and all i think is very nice but i feel it would be better if we can make our own rooms like the old rally use to be, me and my friend were talking about it and we feel it would be better so people can meet up and hang out without going through all the trouble of finding each other.
-LilWolfy12

Shirtless Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Timid 100
The speed in VH/Rally feels way too fast, and I'm getting a little bit motion sick from the speed. The areas are too small to be going that fast, I think. But maybe that's just me.

At medium and high quality, if I (or anyone else on my screen) stops running while facing right, their avatar is very blurry and kind of painful to try to focus on.

At low quality, all text on the screen (usernames, speech bubbles, UI text) is difficult and at times absolutely impossible to read.

Quality of life improvement: Maybe either add a quality toggle or tell people that the quality is in the right-click menu.

Clicking to move doesn't work half the time in VH unless I am clicking on an arrow to move to the next area.

Shoujo Magician

24,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Magical Gems 500
so far towns to is running as good as normal
i did glitch into one of the houses for a few mins...
but that could be because of my own issues =w=; probably that...

Interstellar Explorer

When I enter the white room (where the taxi was before the change), the loading screen keeps being on and the room won't load.
Also I noticed the emotes above the avi heads seem to be little bit misaligned to the left, but that's a minor thing.
The black names are a bit disadvantegous in Hollywood due to the darker shade of the tiles "outside".
The bar is a bit laggy (walks slow, on this computer at least which is a dual core laptop and it rarely had lagg problems with VH before). But it seems somewhat faster since the update has been finished.
I agree with Qwit on the server stuff... I heard of that GPS feature to find friends though but what if 5-6 friends change layers looking for each other and odn't know which to settle on? Whisper?
When I'm at the edge of the pool in the pool room of VH, I can either stand at the water or have water effect standing in the floor edge right next to the border of the water and the floor.
I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.95 Safari/537.11 (according to what's written under the box), i1m using the Chrome currently.

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Narumi Misuhara
I got to ask a few questions.

1. Do we all got to share the same room now, or is there going to be a sorta layer thing going on here like zOMG? I really want to be in the same room as my friends and for them not to end up in a total different area.
2. Is there a limit of how many people can be in this single room?

Meriary Brenneven's Significant Otter

Predestined Genius

Boat back from Towns v2 doesn't load virtual hollywood.
1) Some of us appear offline to all of our friends, and thus the "join friend" option isn't available for friends who want to find us.

Putting Gaians into random instances was a stupid idea. Please change it so that we can choose which instance we'd like to enter, just like rally had beforehand. Let us be able to create our own rooms.

2) Movement is really wonky, clicking certain areas doesn't work as well as using arrow keys does not work correctly still either. Towns 2/Current Rally/Current Hollywood are all reminiscent of the movement disaster that is zOMG. It's bad, it's glitchy, it's inaccurate. Whatever you guys were doing before with Towns & Rally's movement, you were doing right. Don't fix what isn't broken.

3) Rally looks way too big and the window should be reduced to its previous size which was similar to the size of Towns.

4) No possible way to get "direct link" so that we can link our friends to the rally we're in.

EDIT: Since I guess you guys are redirecting all the traffic to different rooms to reduce lag, this results in many rooms emptying out quickly with no one coming in. Letting us make and choose our own rooms would remove this problem.

EDIT: Join Friend option doesn't work. Friend tried to join me in rally on another account and was taken to a completely different Rally.

Beloved Noob

User Image
✘✘✘
    Went to rally and checked it out.

It was CRAZY! xD so many people walking so fast it makes me sick emotion_facepalm
    specially when you have a fast browser..even worse.

Cars popping here and there.

It's alright, but it's better when the arrows were on the ground and you can just walk over it and it'll take you to the next room.

I actually like the little shortcuts on the status bar, but really? a smartphone lol
    and I don't get the point of the bar on the top of the screen where it says your name and amt. of gold / time. It's so transparent, it's hard to see sometimes.

You should be able to put your car one place and one place only! it's a big hassle to try walking somewhere and your car appears where you are walking.

Links could be adjusted.

So far that's all I want to say.
    ღ♡

Man-Hungry Loverboy

15,650 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Millionaire 200
xrysos
The speed in VH/Rally feels way too fast, and I'm getting a little bit motion sick from the speed. The areas are too small to be going that fast, I think. But maybe that's just me.

At medium and high quality, if I (or anyone else on my screen) stops running while facing right, their avatar is very blurry and kind of painful to try to focus on.

At low quality, all text on the screen (usernames, speech bubbles, UI text) is difficult and at times absolutely impossible to read.

Quality of life improvement: Maybe either add a quality toggle or tell people that the quality is in the right-click menu.

Clicking to move doesn't work half the time in VH unless I am clicking on an arrow to move to the next area.

Firstly, sexy Signature.

Secondly Facing the same problems here < . > Especially the clicking moving.

Eternal Demigod

18,075 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
I perfer the old rally and Vh!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers