Welcome to Gaia! ::

OG Smoker

11,475 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • PvP 200
Sniperz3D
No just change everything back! surprised put towns normal rally normal and PUT BACK VJ (all thought you can keep the camera and phone i like them :3)
i agree i like the cam phone and new things but not the mod rooms sweatdrop

Sexy Garbage

18,050 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
1. Cars stack no matter where you put them even if you're alone
2. Yes, user names are too big and who said putting them in black is a good idea, needs to be slapped
3. The movement is horrid you cant turn correctly or move right
4. The props are glitchy and with the current movement you get stuck to and around props and walls
5. The smart phone doesn't work at all most of the time and when it does it doesn't work correctly
6. The screen is WAY to big specially for people like me who have smaller screens
7. It does get laggy with more than 4-5 cars parked in rally, the club in virtual hollywood is so laggy you move like a turtle and get stuck in and around the booths
8. The water in towns 2 is laggy and there are several parts where you're glitched out into it and unable to get back around it to get back to shore
9. Towns 2 dock you can fall off and cannot get back on most of the time or back to shore
10. There is no invite link, which is much easier to use than the friends finder that currently does not work properly
11. There is no rooms, no one likes being in the same room or spawned in random rooms
12. The sit button is glitchy at times
13. I could probably post over 100 things wrong with this update and none of them would be changed.

Ohyeah and you cant sit in chairs or booths properly without looking like you're sitting on their legs and bottoms

If you're going to make a smart phone add on atleast make a proper invite and friends finder and make a message system like meebo so if you cant find your friends atleast you can talk to them while in rally without having to have 2 windows or tabs open to switch to and from
neutral

Put some thought into what your gaians would think about updates instead of just doing them
You're forcing people to quit the site because of these kinds of updates
and for someone whos been around since 07 i can say being used to seeing over 100k people on and now only up to 30k at a max IS A DRAMATIC CHANGE

OG Wife

8,825 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Loiterer 100
The new hollywood and rally arn't the greatest. Moving around is terrible and the window size is way to big. When I try to find my friends it seems like there talking to invisble people. Also when I go to another room and come back it seems the people that were just in the room have left. Not liking the new look wishing for the old one to come back soon.

Fashionable Millionaire

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
I say we all boycott the rallies/VH and not go to them any more at all until they're changed back, better yet not get on gaia unless they're changed back because this is rediculous, there was NOTHING wrong with the way they were before, they're horrible now and I hate them

T0XIC_PUNK's Princess

Adored Sweetheart

The new Rally is crap. I liked having the option to have my own room and stuff like that for just me and a few friends. Plus I can't click on other people's cars to race them and I my car will go anywhere that I click and won't just stay in one place. I liked old Rally so much better. Keep the upgraded flash system and the Phone and such but Give me back my own room.

Dapper Dabbler

Can't get into any of the towns... xp xp xp xp

Sexy Assailant

I don't know about the other Animated items, but Blue Belle appears twice in the new flash spaces. One is stationary and the other moves. I don't know what you can do about it, but it's worth noting.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Buvic

Put some thought into what your gaians would think about updates instead of just doing them
and for someone whos been around since 07 i can say being used to seeing over 100k people on and now only up to 30k at a max IS A DRAMATIC CHANGE

It's been a long time since Gaia had 100k users on at once. (by the way, during those times, a large portion of those users online were bots) I also highly doubt that a ton of users are going to quit the site over this. Once the glitches get smoothed out people won't care any more.

For me, the main problem is lag. Lots of it. It makes the rally unusable at the moment. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Sexy Garbage

18,050 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
marshmallowcreampie
Buvic

It's been a long time since Gaia had 100k users on at once. (by the way, during those times, a large portion of those users online were bots) I also highly doubt that a ton of users are going to quit the site over this. Once the glitches get smoothed out people won't care any more.

For me, the main problem is lag. Lots of it. It makes the rally unusable at the moment. I hope it gets fixed soon!

I know it has been a long time since
And actually i knew a ton of the people who gave up gaia because of their un-needed changes and the problems they cause

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Two issues regarding the convenience store:

1. When I walk in, the vending machines start out as Choco-Cola but then turn into the Pepsi ones. Not a performance-related issue, I just thought you'd like to know. (maybe it contributes to lag but I don't know)
2. When I click one of the vending machines, my avatar automatically walks over to the other end of the store.
GAIA YOU WANTED A COMPLETE LIST OF ISSUES WELL HERE THEY ARE! ENJOY!!!!

i took several screen shots of key programs and if they were listed the dated the program was last updated and what time , that way you know EXACTLY what was on my computer at the time of the bug report and there is no confusion

i want it known i have cleared my cache, temporary files, cookies and even cleared my adobe history 1x trying to solve these issues and i can tell you my adobe and java and all my browsers are up to date

adobe version: 11.5.502.135 plugin version is the same: 11.5.502.135
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

java version 7 update 9

firefox version 17.0
google chrome version 23.0.1271.97
using windows 7
list of my programs here

anti virus is up to date

my avi moves slow on firefox and fast in chrome and i wont use IE 9
some times i have to refresh the page to get to a rally room
i cant choose my rally room
sometimes i am the only avi in the room
sometimes my avi moves so slow i might as well not even be there (this happens like 95 percent of the time)
the other problem is that my avi is a total blur when walking
my car keeps moving around as i move around. it wont stay fixed or other cars keep bumping it out. either way it is totally annoying
i have seen the room totally black, and white, but wait refresh and the problem is gone.
i cant make friends anymore when i click on the avi nothing comes up
i have problems with chatting in the room if it even works at all
sometimes that weird phone pops up out of no where , had that happen 1x

OVERALL i have not found any good things to say about the new room other than it is a total headache and a pain in the a** to me
is there like a guide to the new rally room somewhere to help all of us users?

also why could you not have of kept the old rally and started the new rally room and then when it was figured out that the majority of bugs were worked out then you could have shut down the old rally and left the other one in place
you did a similar thing for towns so i dont see why you could not have done it for rally?
My question is, if someone were to make a pole requesting the old Rally/ VH/ Towns back, how many people would it take to say "YES we want it back!" for you as admins, to take actions towards returning to it's previous version?

Interstellar Explorer

Since yesterday or the day before yesterday everytime I use the emote everything freezes in VH/Rally and while I can move around I can't send any message, nor use any further emotes and if I change rooms, it gets stuck at the loading screen. Also, when I clicked the emote before it freezes, the background of the emotes list turns grayer which is normal while the emote appears and disappears, but then it's stuck and won't turn back to white backgrounded and active.
The emotes cause it certainly, because it happened multiple times and it always happened when I tried to use any emote (mostly wave and peace). I was able to use the emotes correctly on the day when it was freshly switched to as3.
(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.95 Safari/537.11)

Thieving Businessman

8,575 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
It seems as if I can never find people that I KNOW are in VH but for some reason we are in the same room yet we can't see one another, so i'm guessing server selection would be a plus again smile

Dedicated Citizen

Lady Phosphene
> Increased speed while walking is giving me headaches.

> Bring back the option to create rooms and having to pick a server.
> SO MUCH LAG.

> The Gaia signs are cute, but they just block the way and it's annoying.

> Having to click the arrows to move to another area. I miss the old walking through it using keyboard arrows.
> Screens take 5-10 minutes to load. Most of the time, it never does.
> I want the centering of the camera on my avatar back
it annoys me when I have to move to the edge of the area for the camera to move.
> Hard to move around objects, the benches, trees.

> Having a difficult time to click on a person's avatar to check their info or add them (the success rate is about 1 out of 15-20 clicks)

> Where exactly is the quality settings?
> Rippling water animation even though you're out of the water.
> Can't use non-english letters and characters (they don't appear in the chat bubbles)

> I WANT COKE BACK.

xDD -falls on floor dying in laughter- TOLD YOU!

You may create the world of Gaia, but it's *ours* to explore. Respect that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff