Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
Hey guys, after a while without an internet connection I finally checked this thread and saw Timid seems to be working now - I hope everyone will get this Achievement now after we had many troubes with it emotion_awesome

Thank you all for checking and bumping this thread frequently! emotion_bigheart

This thread is running since September now, so I decided to refresh the first post a little bit.

This thread is about the Timid Achievement. Me and many other users can't achieve it!
The Guide I ❤ Achievements says:

• How to get this: Click to reply to a thread in the forums, then leave the page without submitting a post. You need to do this approximately five times.

* Update: Because of the long time glitched Loiterer Achievement, the devs created a counter for every Achievement that requires multiple actions to be granted - so Timid got one, too. The counter says x/11 - So the guide doesn't seem to be accurate on this fact!

** Additional information: "Timid" is a so called hidden Achievement - Meaning it's only shown in the drop-down menu (upper right corner of your screen) and not on the actual Achievements page! That's no mistake or glitch, it's just ..."hidden" (not that hidden, but Gaia's idea of it rolleyes ). Same goes for "Ultimate Player".
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone here in the thread tried it far more than five eleven times and never got the Achievement.
The way to get the Achievement isn't 100% clear, though.
Here are some ways we tried:

• Opening the reply page, leaving by clicking back in your browser
  • Opening the reply page, leaving by clicking any link on Gaia
  • Opening the reply page, clicking in the text field, leaving
  • Opening the reply page, entering some text/an emoticon, leaving
  • Opening the reply page, entering something, previewing it, leaving
  • Opening several reply pages in tabs, closing them, refresh/go to another page on Gaia to display the Achievement grant

There may be more ways and the only thing I'm sure about is that you have to use the reply page not quick reply. But anyways - nothing worked so far.
And that's why we are still here in this thread, waiting for an answer. Maybe for a fix of the Achievement if it's buggy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Update: - After I sent siskataya a PM about our problem, she finally had time to visit this thread and she left us an answer on page 9:

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the thread about this! I'm so sorry you are having issues with the Timid Achievement. I'm not sure when a fix can be made for this, but we are looking into it. I'll update you with information when I get it

Be well ^^
Sisky

Thank you for this first answer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And a memorable quote about our feelings atm:

Khristallyn
Day 56: The Timid achievement continues to elude us. Morale is low. I'm still here, even if I mostly lurk.

• The Bug - explained above.
  • Operating system - Windows 7
  • Browser - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0 (16.0.2)
  • Flash version - 11.5.502.110

------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr: Can't get the Timid Achievement? Come in and join us, tell us what you tried to get the Achievement or discuss this Achievement. // Got the Achievement? Tell us how! emotion_donotwant

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I got timid and have no idea how, this is just a mule account. I want to get it on my main where I am an achievement whore.

IRL Noob

I've been having the same problem with Timid.

Spent an hour or so trying to get it yesterday. To no avail. And I feel dumb. Dx

Questionable Phantom

12,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
both Timid and Ultimate Player are hidden achievements and can only be viewed in the drop tab. to get Ultimate Player you need 50 friends of the opposite sex. and with Timid...idk...i've been trying to get it myself with no luck

Shy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
Anaithnid Miuil

Katsu Shunu

The_True_Fox

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one having problems with these confused

Not knowing exactly how to get timid bothers me most gonk
I hope we all will get answers soon!

@ The_True_Fox: 50 male avatars, eh? So then I should count them and find some more friends xd

Questionable Phantom

12,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
Suuruha
Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one having problems with these confused

@ The_True_Fox: 50 male avatars, eh? So then I should count them and find some more friends xd

Timid has been bothering me too...i've been trying to get it for 2 or 3 days now with no luck. i just added a bunch of random people...they don't have a problem letting you add them for the Achievement

Shy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
The_True_Fox
Suuruha

Timid has been bothering me too...i've been trying to get it for 2 or 3 days now with no luck. i just added a bunch of random people...they don't have a problem letting you add them for the Achievement

I am trying to get timid every day over and over crying

Most times I click reply or quote - then I leave by clicking one of the links above ("Gaia Forums", "Achievements"...) or by clicking a link in the menu bar ("World", "Games"...)

Somewhere I've read the statement "Never click return in your browser to get back"...I've tried that, too at first xd

Nothing works. I'll go on trying and if I should get this damn Achievement, I'll let you know how I got it...if I can figure it out xp

Invisible Rogue

8,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Suuruha
when you go to the reply page push the back button then click on the reply button again do this until you get it.
i did it like 20 times i think but dont just push the forward and back button because they have already loaded so you basically you have to keep going to the page and dont reply until you get it.
basically:
1. push reply
2. push back button
3. push reply
4. push back button
5. push reply
6. push back button
7. push reply
8. push back button
so on and so forth.

get it?

Questionable Phantom

12,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
Suuruha

oGaga

pushing reply and back over and over didn't work for me, which i did for about 10 mins+. i've also

tried many other different ways too. Reply, Back, Forward, Back..etc, Reply then clicking my

Gaia, and also opening many different Tabs, clicking Reply, then closing all the tabs. either this

achievement is glitched for some or some how i'm doing something wrong which i don't see how

i could be doing something wrong.

also if you still need Ultimate Player feel free to add me.

Invisible Rogue

8,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
The_True_Fox

hmm... if that didn't work then there is definitely a bug.

Shy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
The_True_Fox

oGaga

I've tried your suggestion, didn't work for me....

So if it is a bug, what should we do? Can we do more than posting it here? sweatdrop

Questionable Phantom

12,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
Suuruha
The_True_Fox

So if it is a bug, what should we do? Can we do more than posting it here? sweatdrop

might be able to PM siskataya or something...i know i had a problem with Mega / Super Tipsy and posted on the thread and she ended up fixing it. something i think is weird is some people are about to reply on posts and get the achievement.

Shy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
The_True_Fox
Suuruha
The_True_Fox

might be able to PM siskataya or something...i know i had a problem with Mega / Super Tipsy and posted on the thread and she ended up fixing it. something i think is weird is some people are about to reply on posts and get the achievement.

Yup, I've read that, too. Someone asked how to get timid and another user said he/she got it while replying to a post ...it was in one of the threads I found by using the Search Form.

Well, I asked siskataya how to get timid (I've included it in my post in the Tipsy-fixing Thread) and she replied she will look up the conditions to get it for me...it was about three days ago. Don't know if she will do it, since she's got enough to do with fixing the Tipsy Achievements sweatdrop

Questionable Phantom

12,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
Suuruha

i sent her a PM asking about it seeing if she would be able to do something about it or advise about getting it

Shy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
The_True_Fox
Suuruha

i sent her a PM asking about it seeing if she would be able to do something about it or advise about getting it

Oh that's great, I hope you will get an answer soon and we will finally have a clue what's going on with this Achievement 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff