Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Lunatic

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Flash: 11.3.300.265
Addons: Adblock, Noscript

First issue:
When clicking the next page in a forum thread, the loading screen will sometimes bug and not stop. The page will gray out, 'loading' appears at the top, and I wait, and wait... and wait. And wait. And it never loads. I have to refresh the page (which puts me at the original page I was trying to navigate away from), so I have to click the next page again. More than half the time I do this, it continues to give me the never-ending loading bug and I have to close the tab and re-open it for it to work properly.

Second issue:
When I click to the next page, after the page (successfully, somehow) loads, the drop-down boxes below avatars cease to work completely, as if they're not even there. Nothing happens at all. It doesn't drop down, it doesn't change even slightly like it usually does when it's functional and is about to drop down, absolutely nothing. I have to refresh the page for it to be functional, but it stops again as soon as I navigate to another page.

Third issue:
When I click to the next page in a thread and the page loads, the header isn't reloaded. I'm in the BC forums, so I get new notifications quite often (from quotes, PM's or trades) and I therefore find this bug to be particularly annoying. I have to refresh the page to actually reload the header (although the first issue with never-ending loading screens happens often enough that I have to refresh constantly anyway).

Fourth issue:
This is one I've noticed recently, and it happens in both forums and guilds (the other three I've only noticed in forums since guilds haven't seen a noticeable update in freaking ages). When loading a new page, sometimes when I scroll down to the bottom, where a page should end, I'll be able to keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling, until it finally stops - and all I see is just blank, white space. I use my TV as a monitor and I can fill the entire thing with this white space usually, while other times it's maybe six inches of white space, sometimes it's closer to 12 or more. I don't know what this is, but it's odd. A simple refresh fixes it, and it isn't annoying so much as odd, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

Honestly, forums were better without this loading screen. Please get rid of it, or at least give us an option to opt out of it. It's causing more problems than it fixes. |:

Dapper Darling

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
    Flash Player Version: 11.3.300.270
    Browser Add-Ons: Adblock Plus (2.1.2), NoScript (2.5), Tektek Gaia Toolbar

Same problem seems to appear on my Chrome. :c
    No add-ons on that I believe.

Fashionable Gaian

3,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Note: Sushi Server
Code: Joining Session Failed
System Message: Player already exist on the server.
Try reloading. Report this if it fails the second time.

it faild 3 times

Rainbow Wrangler

It literally just sits with a dimmed screen and the "loading" message when I click on next page or whatever. So frustrating. I've resorted to just typing in the URL of the next page because IT JUST WON'T LOAD.
Mac OSX
Safari
Flash 11.3.300.268
adblockplus add on

Phantom

Browser: Firefox 14.0.1
Flash Player Version: 11.3.300.270
Browser Add-Ons: Nothing significant... Australian dictionary, etc.

Page is takes ages to load or doesn't load at all. Turns grey and says "loading..." up the top. I can avoid this by right clicking and "open link in new tab" but it gets annoying.

Also, because someone else mentioned it here, the drop-down boxes below avatars don't seem to be working. They work when I click on the avatar and go to their profile, but in forums, the box doesn't react to my mouse at all.

Toothsome Treasure

Windows 7, using Chrome, Flash version 11.3.31.222, Adblock ad-on.. I seem to constantly have issues with the new loading pages. I cannot go from page to page in the Guilds, it just locks up, and in Forums I have a 50/50 shot of it actually changing the page. It is incredibly frustrating and happens to me only on Gaia.
Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Browser: Iron/17.0.1000.0
Flash Version: 11.3.300.270
Browser Add-ons: none
User Image
Every time I try to go to another page on a thread, it usually comes up with this and too often it gets stuck there

16,050 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
OS~ Windows 7 (64bit)
Browser~ Firefox
Flash~ 11.3.300.270
Addons~ Gaia toolbar

My desktop is brand new and I've had no trouble running 2 or 3 Gaia tabs, a Gaia flash game, Pandora, and Tibia (also skype and joinme sometimes) at the same time. I've seen this actually load a few times where it was very quick like I imagine it was probably meant to be. I don't know how long the long loading screen takes or if it loads at all, but since my computer loads everything else instantly, I don't have the patience to wait it out when I know it's not me. I assume the page is frozen after a few seconds and move on. I've taken to opening the next page I want to see in a new tab to skip past the fail load screens entirely.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
My post is on page 2.

It has become a serious problem surfing Gaia Online. The pages do not load at all and remain 'loading' for the whole day. In the end, the Gaia 'threads' has become troublesome to surf or enjoy.

Dangerous Visionary

Miss-dark8607
Chrome/20.0.1132.57, latest flash, Windows Vista 32 bit, adblock, old footer....

Forever loading unless I open new tabs. Really annoying. So much for faster pages. stare

Update:
happening a little less often and I can always go back to see the last pages but for my Sailor Moon thread I can't go from the last page to the OP without it freezing. Also if I don't log in I don't have any of these issues. I can view the forum normally. So for a while I have been doing that to read and then logging in to reply. Kind of a pain though.

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
I'm not sure to post this here, but the "reply" text is way off that's supposed to be in the box. I need help to get this fixed, please?

Powerhungry Gekko

Browser: Chrome/21.0.1180.75
Flash Version: idk, but it's not what's wrong..
Browser Add-ons: n/a.

Problem:
I misplaced gold (true story)
or so, I think I did. But I don't buy from the marketplace, and all my trade histories tell me that I AM losing 160k.

Interesting Smoker

Browser: Chrome 22.0.1229.2 dev-m
Flash version: 11.3.31.221
Browser addons: Better Gaia

Interesting Smoker

Tyr Hymirson
Browser: Chrome 22.0.1229.2 dev-m
Flash version: 11.3.31.221
Browser addons: Better Gaia

I found out my problem, In the newest dev update in chrome they added a flash plugin that is messing up things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff