Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scurvy Pirate

After our most recent code push, several users have complained of slower loading while in Forum/Guild threads. If you are encountering this slowdown, please go ahead and post in here with any and all details that you can so we can try to narrow this down.

Please include:
  • Operating System
    Specify for the computer used when you experienced the issue.
    - Windows (95/98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista),
    - Mac
    - Linux/Unix.
    - For more detailed definitions, please click this link.

• Internet/Web Browser
    The program/application in what you use to view gaiaonline.com.
    - Internet Explorer
    -Firefox
    -Netscape
    -Opera
    -Lynx
    -Safari and many more.
    -Not sure? Click this link and copy and paste the sentence that it says is your browser, such as: Mozilla/5.0

• Flash version
    The version of Adobe Flash Player you are using; if you are not sure, click this link and find it as "Your Player Version."

• Browser Add-ons
    Any add-ons/extensions that you may have installed on your browser. (i.e. AdBlockPlus, NoScript)

Nio Love's Fav

Obsessive Stargazer

Browser: Chrome/19.0.1084.56 (encountered identical results when attempting on Firefox broswer, Mozilla/5.0)
Flash Version: 11.3.300.257
Browser Add-ons: Snap Links Lite 1.2.4, Lazarus: Form Recovery 3.0.5

The problem appears to be much worse in guilds vs regular forums pages for me: guilds freeze on one page and refuse to load anything else, while forums threads are just very sluggish.

Tipsy Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Flash Version: Most recent, whatever that is.
Browser Add-ons: Multilinks, AdBlock Plus, GaiArch

Pages load much slower, but my main complaint is that it doesn't actually reload the page which means the header doesn't get updated. I only frequent two threads and hardly go to any other part of Gaia which means that, with this update, my header never updates so I have absolutely no idea when I receive new PMs, new announcements, new Dev Notices, or anything else. I have to actually go to a completely separate section of the site to get the header to update which is completely ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary. Before, all I had to do was click the last page of the thread I was in which did two things at once: header updated, and I saw new posts. Please, at the very least, give us an opt-out for this.

Trash Husband

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
Flash Version: 11.3.300.262
Browser Add-ons: Multilinks 3.0.0.19, flashblock 1.5.15.1 (off), adblock plus 2.0.3, 1click downloader

Header does not update unless I open new tab, loading freezing majority of the time, forces page to scroll all the way up, guilds it is worse, forcing me to hard refresh most of the time and open next page in new tab.

Shadowy Trickster

Browser: Chrome/19.0.1084.56
Flash Version: Most recent I think
Browser Add-ons: Bettergaia

The header doesn't update because the page doesn't reload. It is also slower to load new pages in threads.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Browser: Firefox 13.0.1
Flash: 11.3.300.262
Add-Ons: Adblock Plus 2.0.3, NoScript 2.4.6

The forum pages load slower, but haven't had any problems with freezing or hanging. Notifications aren't popping up when I move from one page in a thread to another, though.

Sorceress Tharja's Husbando

Handsome Smoker

Browser: Safari
Flash: 11.3.300.257
Browser Add-ons: None

The forum pages stay on the same page if I try to see the next page or the page before, from the loading. Only way I can look at other pages is by clicking a new tab for that page.

Codebreaking Inquisitor

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
Flash: 11.3.300.257
Add-ons: None

I've also been getting notifications that flash has crashed when I load a new page, but that may be unrelated to the new code.

Determined Trash

51,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
Browser: Firefox 13.0.1
Flash version:11.3.300.262
Browser Ad-ons: AdblockPlus

When loading a new page, the forum scrolls to the top of the page I'm already on, the loading text shows up and about 45 seconds to one minute later the page changes. It's long enough to make me rather impatient.

Also: Flash keeps crashing when I load new pages, especially if there is an aquarium in someone's signature.

Kawaii Prophet

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
Flash Version: 11.3.300.262
Ad-Ons: tektek.org Gaia Toolbar, AdBlock Plus, avast! Web Rep, No Script, Old Default Image Style

The B/C (where I spend 99.9999999999% of my time) is laggy as hell, pages freeze, new pages take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes to load and yesterday Flash kept crashing. Also, my Guilds are glacially slow. Seriously, this update is terrible.
OP - windows xp
browser - Chrome/19.0.1084.56
flash version - 11.3.300.257
ad-ons - adblock plus

while browsing topics in forums and guilds the url changes after cklicking page link but the page doesn't reload until refreshed

Adorable Sweetheart

Browser: Google Chrome.

Flash version:11.3.300.257

Browser Ad-ons: AdblockPlus

The forum goes up to the top of the page that I'm already on when I'm loading a new page. A 'loading' text message shows up at the top and it takes a few moments until the page changes. Sometimes it will take anywhere from 10 seconds to half a minute. I hope the forums get faster soon...

28,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
This just started for me this morning. Funny I was on way earlier in the a.m. and it seemed to work fine. Now it is Taking for ever to load, plus have the same issues as others. Really frustrating.

Also, tried cleaning cookies and cache and still no improvement. *pulls hair out*

Browser-Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_ cool AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2
Adobe Flash:11.3.300.257

EDIT: One other thing I've noticed is that while on one tab the drop downs work/when I go to another tab perhaps it doesn't.

Anybody working on this? Help or I may give up on gaia...

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Operating System
- Windows XP
Internet/Web Browser
-Firefox
Flash
Add-ons
-NoScript, Adblock but both are disabled

I have no idea what just happened but I can't browse the forums anymore, I'm one of the few people who're unfortunate enough to be on dial-up internet and now I can't even load pages anymore. When I do I'm greeted with a greyed out screen that says LOADING... and never goes away. The forums are completely broken for me now, I hope this is a bug and if not, I really want to request the ability to opt out of this new loading style because I'm totally unable to deal with this.

User Image

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

OS
Windows 7 64-bit

Browser
Firefox 13.0.1

Flash Version

Add-Ons
Adblock Plus 2.1.1 :: WOT 20120515

Problem
I have fairly fast internet, high speed obviously from AT&T, but i've noticing having to wait at least 30+ seconds when, before, I didn't have to wait at all.

That's not the really annoying problem. The really annoying problem is that my flash crashes frequently, making youtube almost unusable when I go to browse the site and listen to music, on top of the little annoying notification I get even when i'm not using youtube.

It's less than others... but still really annoying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff