Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Garbage

23,975 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Millionaire 200
so i addressed the strange redirection problem. and they said it was probably a virus from ads.

so gaia, why are you making gaians pay for the safety of their computers?
this malware keeps telling me to download stuff, and tries to force my computer to download it.
i think you need to start filtering what ads you let on the site. or give another way for users to stop the ads. maybe use this as a new gold sink?
pay gold to not have ads?
i think that sounds reasonable.

as things are now. i may have to stop using gaia until i get a new adblocker seeing as my current one isnt working.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Rabid Siku
Gaia does try to control the ads which stream through their site, but since they buy them in bulk packages, you never really know what's hidden in there,
Please report bad advertisements using the procedure here.

P.S. You can disable ads for 30 days if you buy something worth 250 GC or more...
or you can go with an ad-blocking add-on (Adblock Plus works just fine)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Sweetest Bunny

I used to have multiple tabs open, gaia was one of them.
It wasn't rare for my virus protection to freak out saying "YOU ARE AT RISK FROM (X) WEBPAGE" (or something like that)
and then gave the name of a website I had never been on.

I actually noticed that when I wasn't on gaia, it never happened.
May be a coincidence but I'm not yet sure. Now I have no ads (on gaia) and never have the problem.

Diabooties's Wife

Rabid Siku
so i addressed the strange redirection problem. and they said it was probably a virus from ads.

so gaia, why are you making gaians pay for the safety of their computers?
this malware keeps telling me to download stuff, and tries to force my computer to download it.
i think you need to start filtering what ads you let on the site. or give another way for users to stop the ads. maybe use this as a new gold sink?
pay gold to not have ads?
i think that sounds reasonable.

as things are now. i may have to stop using gaia until i get a new adblocker seeing as my current one isnt working.

I don't have that problem with my mac and addblock on Google Chrome

Feral Garbage

23,975 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Rabid Siku
Gaia does try to control the ads which stream through their site, but since they buy them in bulk packages, you never really know what's hidden in there,
Please report bad advertisements using the procedure here.

P.S. You can disable ads for 30 days if you buy something worth 250 GC or more...
or you can go with an ad-blocking add-on (Adblock Plus works just fine)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

id ont knwo which ad is doing ti because the screen changes befoer i can see the ad

Feral Garbage

23,975 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
lorryn 96
I used to have multiple tabs open, gaia was one of them.
It wasn't rare for my virus protection to freak out saying "YOU ARE AT RISK FROM (X) WEBPAGE" (or something like that)
and then gave the name of a website I had never been on.

I actually noticed that when I wasn't on gaia, it never happened.
May be a coincidence but I'm not yet sure. Now I have no ads (on gaia) and never have the problem.

yes theres been about four times i've seen that too

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces