Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm having a problem with Gaia, where certain pages haven't refreshed for days. For example, the Entertainment Discussion main forum is still showing me the same screen I saw the day I logged out on August 13th. Since then, sometimes a thread will stick for a while, and I'll have to refresh and go back a few pages, then go to the last page again to get it to show the updated posts. Also, sometimes, if I go to specific pages, Gaia will log me off. It does this occasionally when I go to the main "Forums" page. Especially when I first log on. I have a suspicion that it might be my internet browser, because originally I had AOL 9.0 which was then updated to AOL 9.0 Security Edition SE a few days before the pages started sticking. I'd like to know if there is anything to be done about this, aside from uninstalling the upgrade and using the regular 9.0, which is not possible for me.

Alexis Of Shadow
I'm having a problem with Gaia, where certain pages haven't refreshed for days. For example, the Entertainment Discussion main forum is still showing me the same screen I saw the day I logged out on August 13th. Since then, sometimes a thread will stick for a while, and I'll have to refresh and go back a few pages, then go to the last page again to get it to show the updated posts. Also, sometimes, if I go to specific pages, Gaia will log me off. It does this occasionally when I go to the main "Forums" page. Especially when I first log on. I have a suspicion that it might be my internet browser, because originally I had AOL 9.0 which was then updated to AOL 9.0 Security Edition SE a few days before the pages started sticking. I'd like to know if there is anything to be done about this, aside from uninstalling the upgrade and using the regular 9.0, which is not possible for me.
Woah! That happens to me on AOL. Luckly, I use Comcast 's Internet and Cable.
AOL's browser tends to cache entire pages, for easier browsing later. Unfortunately, you'll have to clear your cache very often, or you'll be viewing "saved" pages. I'd recommend switching to Internet Explorer 6.0 or Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6 for browsing Gaia.

If you insist on using AOL, you'll need to follow these steps to clear out your cache:
1. In the lower-right hand corner of your browser window, click the "AOL Topspeed" icon.
2. Click the "Browser Settings" button.
3. Click the "Footprints" tab, and then click the "Set Footprints to clear" button.
4. Make sure both "cache" and "history" are checked, and Clear Your Footprints.

Regarding the random logouts, these are caused because the AOL browser is blocking Gaia's session-saving cookies. When you log in, Gaia is supposed to plant a Cookie file in one of your temporary folders, but AOL prevents Gaia from doing so. This file is needed to keep you logged in, because Gaia will recall your session data every few refreshes. If the file dosn't exist, Gaia will have nothing to retrieve information from. 3nodding

I believe you can enable cookies using Internet Explorer's settings in AOL 9.0 or higher. Try doing this in Internet Explorer:
tools>internet options>privacy tab>sites button>set http://*.gaiaonline.com to "Allow"

Better? ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces