Welcome to Gaia! ::

yes i hope this house would be fixed relly wis htaht put i relly liked the old version why not just make evrything sittable why you had to update the whole thing :C

Intellectual Explorer

10,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Friendly 100
Sadly I am having problems with putting items in my house, so far only a few items have been put it. However lighting items, or miscellaneous items do not wish to be put in there. Help?...please .w.

Wealthy Gaian

9,415 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
yeah thank u alot

Fleur-Elise's Prince

Lonely Phantom

22,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
Some items seem to have their codes mixed up, for me and also another (Not only me) person i asked to confirm it. I bought two Basic Yellow Table's and when i click on either (Not a one item glitch) of them in housing editor, it shows me a green snuggle door. I can even place these doors in the middle of my room and they will stay there. Another example is that Red Snuggle Tables show up as Green Steel Framed Tables. This can be easily recreated by simply buying said item and attempting to place it in the editor. ^^ Just thought I'd report this. I use Internet Explorer, and my friend who i got to recreate it uses FireFox.

Aged Genius

FriskyOwOKitty
Sadly I am having problems with putting items in my house, so far only a few items have been put it. However lighting items, or miscellaneous items do not wish to be put in there. Help?...please .w.

What do you mean they don't wish to be placed there? Can you give me an example?

Aged Genius

Kawaiii Naoko
Eversince the update everything in houses got worse.. I know that sounds mean.. sorry but sadly it feels that way for me. We used to meet up in my house and chat and such. But now I can barely go inside my house and it has only floor and walls.. I didnt put ANY furniture in it. Still after it loaded I appear right of the house itself and no matter what I do, I cannot enter the house part. It happens in other houses in the same way.

As for items in my house.. for years (!) I cannot put anything in the house but furniture items. Let's say I would want to put gin the kitty in the house.. I can't. It is quite sad since items would make the houses a lot nicer.

And the quality of e.g. speech bubbles got a lot worse sadly. They appear blurry (with the max quality). Are you going to do anything about it? I really like towns in general but it seems a bit neglected.. please don't forget about towns!

Some of the errors you mentioned were fixed about a week or so ago. (Sorry I didn't see this post before) Also any items you put in the house box on the inventory arranger can be put into the house.

I don't know what you mean about the quality set to max. How are you setting that?

Intellectual Explorer

10,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Friendly 100
codemonkey37179
FriskyOwOKitty

What do you mean they dont wish to be placed there? Can you give me an example?

Its like the tiki torch when I try to place it and click where I want it to go it wont stay. And I cant change the to a different item when the torch wont stay.

Cuddly Egg

14,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Overstocked 200
codemonkey37179
Kawaiii Naoko
Eversince the update everything in houses got worse.. I know that sounds mean.. sorry but sadly it feels that way for me. We used to meet up in my house and chat and such. But now I can barely go inside my house and it has only floor and walls.. I didnt put ANY furniture in it. Still after it loaded I appear right of the house itself and no matter what I do, I cannot enter the house part. It happens in other houses in the same way.

As for items in my house.. for years (!) I cannot put anything in the house but furniture items. Let's say I would want to put gin the kitty in the house.. I can't. It is quite sad since items would make the houses a lot nicer.

And the quality of e.g. speech bubbles got a lot worse sadly. They appear blurry (with the max quality). Are you going to do anything about it? I really like towns in general but it seems a bit neglected.. please don't forget about towns!

Some of the errors you mentioned were fixed about a week or so ago. (Sorry I didn't see this post before) Also any items you put in the house box on the inventory arranger can be put into the house.

I don't know what you mean about the quality set to max. How are you setting that?

I just put some random things in my house and you are totally right! IT WORKS!! FINALLY <3

The quality is the towns' quality. There used to be a 3 dots sign in the top left corner where you could set the quality to max, medium or low, also INSIDE houses. This now doesn't exist anymore, it is only in the towns outside. But since my avi can walk in houses and the talking is also fine, this problem is solved as well. Thank you very much (even though it took a little while ^.^;;; )
Okay, this is gonna be confusing and I'm sorry. I ramble sometimes, you see. But here's the issue: When I played back in 2006-ish, houses used to let you display items on shelves. Being the little item collector I am, I displayed a lot of monthly letters and a few other things in this house, including

Lots and lots of donation letters
Anti Von Helson Picket Sign
Elf Ears (Platinum)
Lunar Scythe
Some furniture I don't care that much about

The thing is, I'm looking to give away some of these items and now I can't get to them! I've tried clearing the room and saving it, saving it while empty, saving it with furniture in it.. no dice, my house has eaten them! crying After I first popped back on Gaia I PMed an omni mod [I didn't even think to look in the forums, derp] and my letters magically appeared in my inventory. The items, though, are still stuck @_@

In the house itself I can see all my furniture in the tabs and such, but the 'avatar' tab is empty. I've tried this with both Firefox and IE, cleared my cache, restarted... On a whim, when I was using IE I threw some random thing into my house inventory, popped into my house, and there it was in the avatar tab [Sadly, just it and not the important stuff]. In the old inventory organizer, all of my letters and items have the little lock next to them still, but I can't fix it @_@

I tried not to ramble @_@ Sorry.. But I'm around if you have questions! ^^;
Gosh, Gaia is having so many glitches lately.. ><

But, eh. That's a relief. I thought that my house was just empty.. XD

Mega Shopper

12,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
I have three overall problems with the Housing Editor.

There are several problems with the Single Unit Ends in the Housing Editor, alone.

First, they can be rotated. However, after saving and reloading the Housing Editor, they will be in the wrong position. Here's a screen cap of the problem:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is not the position in which I saved the End.

The second problem with the SIngle Unit Ends is more aesthetic. You see, I remember when the design of the Ends was detailed with a small drawer on one of the colored sides. Well, that detail has disappeared. Now, the Single Unit End is just a couple of rectangles (or rhombi) and a semi-circle (or semi-oval).

I would like to add that my brother has the same problem (and he utilizes a plain Single Unit End in his Home), which leads me to believe that the problem exists with all or most of those end tables.

Finally, there is a slight overlapping glitch with my Natso Honorable Beechwood Shoji Lamp and my Neutral Starter Plant. Here is a screencap of this problem:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It is also worth mentioning that these glitches also appear on Gaia Towns. Is it possible to fix these errors?

Clean Shopper

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Junior Trader 100
carbonphyber

Greetings, I am actually if I can change my house size into it's original size. I had it bigger but I really wanted to make it smaller again. Can you please help me?

Aged Genius

Dragonsama
Okay, this is gonna be confusing and I'm sorry. I ramble sometimes, you see. But here's the issue: When I played back in 2006-ish, houses used to let you display items on shelves. Being the little item collector I am, I displayed a lot of monthly letters and a few other things in this house, including

Elf Ears (Platinum)
Lunar Scythe

The thing is, I'm looking to give away some of these items and now I can't get to them! I've tried clearing the room and saving it, saving it while empty, saving it with furniture in it.. no dice, my house has eaten them! crying After I first popped back on Gaia I PMed an omni mod [I didn't even think to look in the forums, derp] and my letters magically appeared in my inventory. The items, though, are still stuck @_@

In the house itself I can see all my furniture in the tabs and such, but the 'avatar' tab is empty. I've tried this with both Firefox and IE, cleared my cache, restarted... On a whim, when I was using IE I threw some random thing into my house inventory, popped into my house, and there it was in the avatar tab [Sadly, just it and not the important stuff]. In the old inventory organizer, all of my letters and items have the little lock next to them still, but I can't fix it @_@

So, the letters are in the old inventory arranger, locked in the house, but are not appearing in the avatar tab? Is that correct?
codemonkey37179
Dragonsama

Elf Ears (Platinum)
Lunar Scythe

So, the letters are in the old inventory arranger, locked in the house, but are not appearing in the avatar tab? Is that correct?

The letters actually do appear now, but the items listed do not [as weird as that sounds..] The scythe, sign, and ears aren't showing up in the avatar tab, or even in my inventory. They are all under the House section of the really old inventory organizer [I remember when that was brand new gonk ] with the padlock next to them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff