Original Gaian

11,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Kitsuga
Aerynfox
Kitsuga
I came back form inactivity and I had thank you letters stored in my house for safe keeping. I went to go get them out and it says I cannot remove items being used in my house but they are not being used in my house.
My house is currently completely bare. Its not even with all my items just a select few that are kinda important to me. (Mainly my thank you letters i collected) Anyways if you could help me get them back id be much appreciative. Thank you.

Suggestion: if you didn't redo your house after the previous housing update, try this. Go to your home design page and "clear room," even if you don't see anything in your house, then "save." After this, go to the inventory arranger and open the "house" on the top right side. Your letters should still be in there, and you should be able to drag & move them back to your main inventory now.

This most recent housing update allows being able to put only items that can be equipped on an avatar into houses. Things like letters, easter baskets, Jack's grab bags, & other "special" items still can't be put into houses. sad

I did try that =( Theyre like permanently stuck there. *Sniffle*

Only other thing I can think of: try moving some other (non letter) stuff out first. If that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas.... sorry! sad

There definitely ARE some bugs in houses at the moment. My rugs are layered over the edges of the furniture... looks weird.

Aekea Soldier

I have an issue that is more funny than troubling. My bed - which looks completely norml otherwise - shows up as a window when I drag it into my house. It doesn't even place like a window, I can but it in the middle of the floor like a bed.
How the heck?

I've tried removing the bed/window from my house all together but the problem persists when I put it back.

Aged Genius

Amrafel
I have an issue that is more funny than troubling. My bed - which looks completely norml otherwise - shows up as a window when I drag it into my house. It doesn't even place like a window, I can but it in the middle of the floor like a bed.
How the heck?

I've tried removing the bed/window from my house all together but the problem persists when I put it back.

very weird! What bed is it?

Aekea Soldier

codemonkey37179
Amrafel
I have an issue that is more funny than troubling. My bed - which looks completely normal otherwise - shows up as a window when I drag it into my house. It doesn't even place like a window, I can put it in the middle of the floor like a bed.
How the heck?

very weird! What bed is it?

The pink steelframed bed... and don't say anything about the colour - this is a female typing so it's legit.
I'd love to tell you what kind of window it is as well but right now all I can say is that it's yellow and the problem is the same in both explorer and firefox on two different computers.
I'm not exactly sure if this goes here (not exactly sure where it goes), but since it is sort of a house issue... When I go to the Towns to my house, there is a tree in front of my house, sometimes making it difficult to figure out where the door is to the house. Granted, I should have asked about this earlier before, but I don't go into the towns very much. However, now that I am checking out my house more, is it possible to get rid of the tree or at least move it?
MidorinoYoru
I'm not exactly sure if this goes here (not exactly sure where it goes), but since it is sort of a house issue... When I go to the Towns to my house, there is a tree in front of my house, sometimes making it difficult to figure out where the door is to the house. Granted, I should have asked about this earlier before, but I don't go into the towns very much. However, now that I am checking out my house more, is it possible to get rid of the tree or at least move it?

You can't move trees, but you can try moving the house itself into a different location. There's a high chance the new slot you get when auto-placing it won't have a tree blocking your view. Of course, you can manually choose your new slot as well to avoid the problem.

-------

Is it possible to make the chat font in your House a size larger? I find it difficult to read because of its small size, especially since the contours of the letters are blurry and not as defined as in Towns. Is the chat text supposed to look like that or is it being oddly resized by my window?

Also, when I leave my house through the directory, I seem to be sent into a limbo space in Towns that isn't connected to any other zipcode, and I can't properly enter any different area without closing the window and starting anew.

Beloved Shapeshifter

14,075 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
My plushie collection was in my old house and i want them back for my Avi but they do not show up anywhere but in my inventory. I cant choose them or move them. HELP??? WHy are they all locked where I cant get them??

Thank you!

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
We can't make our houses dark anymore? Sorta destroys our freedom a bit dont you think? I wish we had an option to turn off the animation for the lights too... I liked how they looked before. My house is perfectly lit now and not as gloomy as it used to look with the dark corners it had in the room.... it doesn't really fit my avatar's theme.

And now I have to wait till it's night for my candles to go on? Wheres the option where we can control which lights we want on or off?! And I want the option to make my room dark as well... you guys changed something that was perfectly fine and made it worse for most of us.

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
slavetoswans
My plushie collection was in my old house and i want them back for my Avi but they do not show up anywhere but in my inventory. I cant choose them or move them. HELP??? WHy are they all locked where I cant get them??

Thank you!

I'm having this issue too. My items in my house don't actually show up when I enter my house, but I can't remove them from my inventory because it says they're in use.

Dangerous Member

10,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Threadmaster 200
User Image
I didn't see the Sticky as well before I posted my thread in the Bug Report & Technical Support. *facepalms*

Feel free to check my thread about a house problems: link
...User Image

Man-Hungry Carnivore

19,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Tested Practitioner 250
My tables have holes in them and my rugs are being layered over my furniture.

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Also... is it just me or do we awkwardly move way too fast in our houses? Plus I find myself moving through my furniture like I'm ethereal... I don't really think that's a good idea so I hope that wasn't intentional. o_e

xXAkatsuXx's Oppa

Steadfast Seeker

Whenever i go to "Design My House", items of furniture are missing, and i get this message:

An item of furniture was not found. Error code:fnf3056. Please check that you are online and refresh your browser. If you get this error again, please contact support

On the side tab inventory lists, it shows they're there, but in use. I have a mac and use firefox. Is this happening to anyone else?

Seeker

I seem to be having a similar problem to other people.

My house seems to have 'eaten' some of my items.

- these are non-housing items, they show up in the 'house' portion of
http://www.gaiaonline.com/inventory2/arranger/

- they have a little lock by them, so i cannot take them out. When i try, i am told "'items placed in your house cannot be moved" This happens even after i have cleared and saved my home.

- they do not show up for use (or in any way) when i try to design my home.

Thanks for your time!

Friendly Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Profitable 100
I have a "Vintage Black Refrigerator" in my house, but it shows up as looking like "Vintage Skyblue Refrigerator".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff