24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre
Well I think the name calling was unnecessary and so glad I have my filter on, I try my best to look at topics from multiple perspectives. I've had my share of immature remarks, so I'm far from perfect and made dumb mistakes myself. I'm just trying my best to treat others the way they would want to be treated whether they be staff or not. I can be opinionated at times, but this won't be one of them. I think just having gold generators around just makes people more bitter towards each other. I did enjoy the five days of drama free bliss.

I'm just annoyed with myself for not being able to find that thread again because of all the I hate the new tabs spam in SF now, but probably better that I don't find it in order to protect that user. I'm just noticing a few things Gaia is listening that is actually user feedback and I'm happy to see the positive changes from them like the Robin Williams tribute item. The new layout will just take time for people to get used to like the site centering.

To get back on topic like I mentioned before, only glitch I am experiencing with the new layout is the new tabs broke the daily treats which is kind of funny. I hope that Better Gaia is updated too, so I can collect the daily chances from all the tabs again on one page. Adblock and Better Gaia together have made not have to deal with ads. heart I just find the new layout easier to avoid the GC stress issue. I just don't understand how it is making people feel forced to purchase GC, when there are a ton of other things Gaia does that are a lot worst such as the 10+ announcements per day. At least the red sale thing helped with decreasing those a little. Hopefully Gaia will combine their limited time only items together like they have been doing with the recolors.

Lol perhaps it was. I got frustrated seeing the replies of some of the users on here. XD I can be petty and crotchety when I've seen too much bullshit. UuU;; So I rant.

Mmm might be better this way, yes. Yeah, like it's nice that they're getting back into the groove of making good changes and stuff and I think this behavior is what should be fostered, but it won't be with people being dumb over stupid, trivial matters.

; 3;! You aren't able to get the new daily chance things? ; 3;
Lol, yeah me either. If anything, it's helping to separate them and put a nice barrier in there. XD
Agreed~ C:

I get the daily treats, I just have to click the tabs. It's an user made app, so it will be updated I'm sure. Daily treats are glitched, but was nice to see the staff notice about it.

Ooooooh~~~ So those aren't like the Daily Chances? o 3oa

No. They look like televisions. But are taken down for now. Don't worry about users being upset over the layout change. People didn't like when site centering happened either. I just figure it as people have different tastes. Like for example I love orange and green but other people don't and seems like Gaia HQ doesn't either with the items they sell. There is just too much drama regarding a cosmetic change both towards staff and to users that is unnecessary. But this thread did make me realize that some of the things people would like to be worked on are cosmetic changes like forums being cleaned up, guilds being worked on, housing requests, rally requests, and site maintenance. I figure changing the layout of the header and tabs is part of site maintenance, so I think it should be updated so Gaia doesn't look so outdated. I understand how people are missing the home tab and I miss that too. I don't really know how to explain it, but compromise is really needed on this site both by staff and users. Users should understand that the site needs to grow to keep up with competition, but staff need to realize how important user feedback is in running a site like Gaiaonline as well. Basically unhappy users means less money for Gaia. I guess if users aren't happy with the new layout of the tabs, they could make suggestions on how to keep it looking updated, but function well for them too. Hopefully there will be another thread for that. But for now, best to keep on topic with this thread for bug issues and not just another rant on users and staff thread that spams the forums too much as it is. It is funny hearing friends that keep clicking the Gcash tab thinking it's the my Gaia page.

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Scobre

No. They look like televisions. But are taken down for now. Don't worry about users being upset over the layout change. People didn't like when site centering happened either. I just figure it as people have different tastes. Like for example I love orange and green but other people don't and seems like Gaia HQ doesn't either with the items they sell. There is just too much drama regarding a cosmetic change both towards staff and to users that is unnecessary. But this thread did make me realize that some of the things people would like to be worked on are cosmetic changes like forums being cleaned up, guilds being worked on, housing requests, rally requests, and site maintenance. I figure changing the layout of the header and tabs is part of site maintenance, so I think it should be updated so Gaia doesn't look so outdated. I understand how people are missing the home tab and I miss that too. I don't really know how to explain it, but compromise is really needed on this site both by staff and users. Users should understand that the site needs to grow to keep up with competition, but staff need to realize how important user feedback is in running a site like Gaiaonline as well. Basically unhappy users means less money for Gaia. I guess if users aren't happy with the new layout of the tabs, they could make suggestions on how to keep it looking updated, but function well for them too. Hopefully there will be another thread for that. But for now, best to keep on topic with this thread for bug issues and not just another rant on users and staff thread that spams the forums too much as it is. It is funny hearing friends that keep clicking the Gcash tab thinking it's the my Gaia page.
OH! Those things. What do/did they give out? o uo' I always thought it was just uuuuhhhhhhhh like a 500g grant thing so I just ignored it kfuhgkbsdgf

Lol, yeah. I'm just a natural rambler, so I often get myself carried away with things that aren't really important. sweatdrop That was the last reply I was gonna bother with anyhow. I'm wondering if that person isn't just trolling me anyways because their grammar and spelling got worse in their second reply, so -shrug- I'm not trying to be heavily invested in that convo, despite my lengthy replies skfgherkgisdfg I just gab incessantly. ; w;'''

Yes, exactly! XD The majority *is* pretty much just aesthetic issues. It's just these issues haven't been touched or talked about for a long time, so people bloat them way out of proportion, and think that if they're louder and more annoying about it, it'll get done [though by that point, I don't think anything would appease them, they'd be disappointed and still pissed off probably].

Yes yes, that is what is best, ; w;!!! I've not had a bug or glitch, and it turns out the thing I was looking for, I don't think was an actual bug [I figured out why there are 9 dc grant links, but only 7 tabs on the header XP] anyways so haha! 8'D Moar chance for dem charms. * w* <3

Heheheee, I've not actually done that yet. I've been a bit lost for a couple of seconds but then I just look around for a bit to find where I wanted to go [this is for things like trades, MP, inventory and other such links I often use], but that's just because the layout is different now, and I just need to familiarize myself with the new locations. Cx!!

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Saffrons_Curse
commissar ibram gaunt
And that is where you are so wrong. You ignore the real issues that need addressing on this site in favor of the staff releasing these "cosmetic" updates.

You whine and complain about the users who are royal pissed off that there money is being wasted on these pointless cosmetic updates that do nothing to better this site. Show me how having a gaia cash tab, and a gofusion tab will improve the major issues that have been largely ignored.

I guess you don't mind wasting your money do you? You insult people who have had enough of the bullshit from the staff and from users like your self. You get hostel when some one points out to you the errors in your statements, resorting to petty name calling and mud slinging. who are you to b***h and belly ache about people making demands for better use of there money? You b***h that the people who quite wont solve any thing by quieting? LETS SEE HOW LONG GAIA CAN KEEP ITS FREE TO PLAY STATUS WHEN THE MAJORITY OF THE CASH BUYERS WALK OFF!

You want to call me a noob? a troll? for what? because I'm sick of all you good for nothings who just want to go with the flow? GROW UP! My outrage is completely called for. I'm sick of my government misusing my tax money on pointless s**t, and now, gaia is using my donations on pointless s**t. When will you people learn?

They donated money for the use of improving and fixing this site, And what has been FIXED? JACK s**t NOTHING! The gaia cash is no different thin any other free to play game, all sites like that give intransitives for donating, things to make the donation worth it, do you really thing that 2,000+ gaia cash is really worth 25$ Hell the most costly item in this game wont even cost 25$ to make. not even 10$ And thin add duplication of that item, hell they more thin payed for the creation of that item with the first sale. No that money is donations meant to keep this site running, and to fix the issues with the site, and they have yet to fix any thing.

Dont comment back to me unless you got some hard facts backed by solid evidence. Until then any thing you say, is just you trolling and being a noob.
Oh look, another wall-o-text.

I don't ignore anything. If you bothered to understand what I said, you'd see, I'm not 100% hunky dory, happy or a-ok with Gaia, either. I know and fully understand they need to work on s**t that they've been neglecting. I don't deny that many users have many, many good reasons to be furious about important issues regarding this site. However, many of the users I've seen in this particular thread are for the vast majority, either not properly expressing themselves, or they really are just monumental, whiny spoiled brats who have to b***h about every little tiny thing with the same level of intensity as an actual important issue, which really only succeeds in diminishing the impact of those who save their rage for when it's deserved, and making the whole of Gaia's userbase look like ignorant children.

Again, if you bothered to actually read my wall of text, you'd see that I know that this header is a pointless update that doesn't actually fix anything. I know that. It's a band-aid over a severed limb, yes, I ******** understand how meaningless and pointless this header is. But you know what else is pointless? Blowing your lid over it and acting like the changes to the header are the problem, not the fact that Gaia updated that instead of working on the other issues with this site. The people in this thread, for the most part, have not been complaining about Gaia wasting its time on updating the header instead of fixing s**t that really is broken. The people in this thread are solely complaining about the stupid pointless header specifically. There is little to no mention of any other major issues that any of the users said should be worked on instead of the header [my facts behind this statement being the previous 6 or 7 pages of people complaining specifically about the header, and not mentioning the fact that Gaia should be focused on more important issues, though there is talk of Gaia being greedy and cash-grabby, which is kind of pointless and off-topic in this thread, which as I have said before, so is this debate/argument, so I'm not doing much better than them, but for a fundamentally different reason].

I'm not wasting my money if I use the item I buy, because that's literally all my money does. We can sway what Gaia does or doesn't sell based on what we spend, but we can't force them to work on certain issues. Do I want them to work on them? Yes. If enough people get tired of them not working on them, will they leave and let Gaia wither and die? Yes. But we cannot force them to make it. We can only uselessly demand it, like entitled babies demand their mother buy them toys, clothes, or pony lessons. I'm not bitching and moaning that users are upset with Gaia making stupid decisions, I'm bitching and moaning about HOW they're showing their frustration, because they're doing more harm than good to their own ******** cause by acting the way they are. Imagine; I'm not even one of the staff/admins/etc and skimming through the pages of this thread has managed to light a fire of hate and anger in me in defense of Gaia that I seriously haven't felt in YEARS. I wonder how intensely the staff are feeling it when they've worked there and done what they can to appease you, even if it isn't exactly what you want. Be angry that they don't if you want, but be useful when you want to use that anger in the name of change and improvement. Do you think clucking about like an irrational berserker would make ANYONE want to listen to that?
[Side note: It's not that there are holes in my argument, it's that you fail to understand the actual premise of my argument, because you're too busy seeing red with your pitchfork and torch, looking for something to burn. I'm actually more on your side than your dopey a** can see, because you aren't bothering to read.]

Again, yet another example of you NOT ******** READING MY GODDAMN COMMENT. Grats. I specifically said the "you" in that paragraph was not an insult at you, I was using the definition "one; anyone; people in general" which I clarified before that paragraph even started. I did not call you a noob or a troll or say your particular outrage was uncalled for. I said those are the types of folks who are not worthy of respect.
However, I will call you an idiot who can't comprehend anyone else's posts because you've got an agenda to push on and you want to turn me into some strawman that you can burn at the stake because you think you understand what the ******** I'm saying, when your reply has shown me that you clearly are SEVERELY impaired when it comes to understanding opposition, or an opinion that isn't 100% in agreement with you. You're too blinded by misplaced hate to understand anything I'm trying to say to you, so I guess this post is pretty useless, but I figure if you show no signs of even ATTEMPTING to see things from another perspective, then I'll know you're as lost a cause as that rabid asswipe from earlier in this thread.

WRONG. The only legitimate donators were back in 2003 when the Angelic Halo was released, because, if memory serves me right, no one knew they'd get an item for donating. They just donated to support the site. Gaia as it is now is a business. You are buying the use of those items for your avatar. Nothing. ********. More. When you buy a pizza from Pizza Hut, Domino's, or Papa John's, you are not donating to those stores, you are buying a ******** pizza. When you shop at Wal*Mart, Target, or KMart, you are not donating to those stores, you are buying clothes, food, toys, accessories or whatever the ******** else those places sell. When you eat at a restaurant, some local diner, or a fast food place, you are not donating to those stores, you are purchasing your meal to eat and that's it. So when you spend your money on this site, buying items, bundles, and whatever else, YOU ARE NOT DONATING TO THIS SITE. You are purchasing the items. Your say in what happens to Gaia pretty much ends with "What items do you guys want us to release?" Anything else they do is their choice. Does this mean it's always a good choice? Hell no. Gold Gens were the shittiest ******** ideas I've ever heard in my life. Neglecting the features on this site that are in dire need of repairs is one giant, massively rotting shithole of a decision, but it's their decision to make, because it's their site. You can choose to spend or not spend here, but you do not, in the end, have a say in what they decide to do. If they're a SMART [and lucky enough] business, they'll listen to us and do as much as we ask of them as they can, but that's up to them to make non-sleazy, non-underhanded, non-betraying-the-trust-of-its-users decisions. We buy the items. that's what our money pays for. That's where our power lies. Our voices can be heard and taken into consideration, but that's a courtesy to us ...and to an extent themselves, because if they said "nope" to everything we asked, then they'd more than likely have to shut the business down.

It is that mentality of yours right there that makes you and people who are similar to you sound entitled. Do you have a say when your favorite beverage changes its logo, formula, prices or practically anything about it? No. Even though you buy it, no you don't. Do you have a say in what kind of songs your favorite band should make just because you buy their albums? No. You paid for their music, not a say in their musical process or managerial rights to them. It is literally the exact same when you buy items from here. You are buying the items you like from them, you are not buying a share of the company that is Gaia Online, therefore, get your head out of your idealistic a**, grow the ******** up and join the rest of us who live in the real world. :T Do not make the mistake of deluding yourself into believing you have more power than you do; your righteous fury will only result in a lot of wheel spinning, fuming, and finally being defeated as you at last understand what I'm trying to drill into your brain [that or you keep fighting forever, moving from place to place/site to site, constantly feeling wronged and used, living a life where you get to always play the victim because you lack a basic understanding of how s**t actually works, not how things SHOULD work].

I'm not saying that it doesn't sound nice for it to work that way. It would be lovely if Gaia's higher ups listened to us and got off their asses and worked on the maintenance and upkeep of the site like they should. But that's really the main thing, is just the maintenance. Gaia listens to us a lot more than you realize. I remember there used to be petitions left and right for multicolored hair, and now look at all the options Gaia has made available for us. They've even made it so we can basically customize a hairstyle with multiple items. We wanted pricey gold shop items et voila~ Dernier Cri [which could use an update] and Loyal's Bazaar came into being. People wanted a Towns update, and they got it. And there are lots of small insignificant things they've done for at least some users as well. Is Gaia perfect in its execution of all of these things? No. Have some of them been disappointing? Yes. But Gaia isn't perfect because nothing in life is perfect. There is a LOT wrong with this site, this is true, but there is also a lot right with it, even if the current CEO didn't have a lot to do with it, or ******** up a lot this past year. There are still hella awesome people on here, and it's still a decent place to make friends with similar interests.
Don't polarize the state of this site to suit your argument. Don't fill your point of view with half-truths and refusing to look at or acknowledge what good has been done to say that they fix nothing. [Staff Updates]. They fix lots of tweaks and things to the site when bugs and glitches happen. They have outdated parts of this site they should update, yes, but the site's issues are mostly minimal. It's just regular updates to the different features they have that need some sprucing.

It's funny that I need facts to back up my claims while you don't need facts or proof to back up yours. It's also funny that you call me a troll when you're the one who initiated contact with me. I ranted about the idiots I saw in this thread, sure, but I didn't single you out, quote you, or directly insult you. FYI, It's not being a noob if I'm just pointing out the flaws and errors in your statements and trying to get you to see things from a different POV, even if your arrogance and bullheadedness leaves me irritated so that I'm not being calm and diplomatic when I reply to you.

Lastly, ******** learn how to spell your words right, it really ruins your argument that I'M apparently the idiot who doesn't understand how things work when you can't even use the right words in a simple argument against me. Understand the proper use of there/their/they're, thin[where the ******** you got that idfk]/then/than, your self/yourself/any one/anyone. [intransitives? You mean incentives?] Your replies are fairly difficult to decipher, which kind of automatically gives me more credence than you, since your inability to properly grasp this language in an effort to come at me [bro] with any sort of air of intelligence is just thoroughly undermined by, well, just how ignorant you sound. All your replies do is prove my argument right when you can't properly ******** English and you want to try to have some bullshit battle of wits against me [even if this IS the internet, and even worse - GAIA, that we're arguing on and about, thus making us both participants in the Special Olympics].

Again you have ignored the main point. You agree that folks are pissed off that they are ignoring the important things while implementing these pointless cosmetics that only make more problems, Then you say that those same people are mostly whiny spoiled brats, Did you ever bother to look at the bigger picture? Or are you one of those people that don't bother to see how every thing is connected?

You must understand, you make a broad ,rather insulting, sweeping generalization, And when you get called out on it, instead of providing proof for your claim, you jump to insulting and name calling. You have yet to prove any one is a spoiled, entitled brat.

And as for the spelling, or misspelling, I have to type this crap out fast, and I'm not afforded the luxury of proofreading as lately gaia seems to keep redirecting me to some random sites saying i need to update things that are already up to date. You know how annoying it is to type out an argument or a rebuttal that took a few minutes to type, only to start proofreading it just to have the webpage redirect its self to some site that says you need to update your flash player?

"All your replies do is prove my argument right when you can't properly ******** English " There's the pot calling the kettle black. You b***h about my English, But it would seem your English is just as bad.

Finally, my spelling may be bad, But my argument is sound and solid, your's just contradicts its self. Come back when you actually have something useful to say. The adults are trying to get problems solved.

Original Cat

Zero Omega
Hey all,

If you have come across any bugs when using the new navigation bar, please report them here. Please be as specific as possible and include any screenshots. As a reminder, you can get back to the Gaia Online home page by clicking the Gaia Online logo next to your avatar.

tanuki side does not work! i click it and nothing

Invisible Chum

Is it just me? Daily Chance is not working anymore? sweatdrop
shiahxiah
Is it just me? Daily Chance is not working anymore? sweatdrop

i think its from the ads gaia is getting.something to do with double click

gaia stop this in ads please
I HAVE A BUG
i cant do the cart raider achievement because of this change the needed buttons are no longer there so how are users supposed to do this one?
Lena9016
kouno angelous fallerion
Lena9016
Please, for the love of all things good and holy, move the gcash to where the home use to be, and move the my gaia back where it was.

You must've ******** purposely put gcash in the most clicked spot to shove gcash in our face though, so I doubt this will ever be fixed.
no no no....just put gaia cash to the very far right at the end between search bar and games. and put home back there is plenty of space to put the new things in without removing tabs or misplacing prior ones.

Well, they probably won't put the home back, which I'm actaully okay with, since I never used it and instead clicked on "Gaia online" to go to home.

But seriously, until the put "My Gaia" back where it was, I'm gonna have to rely on quick links. And that's just pathetic. cat_confused

you need that button or you cant do the cart raider achievement GAIA SAYS you have to do it in the order of there screenshot within the navbar its self and not the home page link and that order is as follows, HOME, MY GAIA, SHOPS AND FORUMS but you cant do that anymore so yes they need to return that button or remove the achievement

Alien Abductee

Zero Omega

It seems that ever since the header was changed, Dumpster Dive does not work properly. The button is in the wrong location and the link doesn't work most of the time. There is also a thread about it here.

Toxic Partner

13,600 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Divorced 100

I'm having a few issues since the update.

For one, my achievement notifications will not go away.
Secondly, the harvest tier link is hovering over my gold, and the page itself looks incomplete and/or glitched.

My whole navigation is lagging.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yukina101's Partner

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Verafyr has provided a screenshot that shows the Achievement "link" problem. You can not click on the item and if you go to achievements it will not clear the notice.

However, I have noted that I can click on notices in my bubble and announcements and clear those (or was able to a few hours ago-many people aren't up at a little before 4 am EST).

Also, more importantly in regards to using Gaia in general the site is horrifically lagy for me. This is just sad as I jump over to Netflix and can stream HD shows in HD with no interruption, so obviously it isn't my connection that is the issue. The lag is ridiculous. If it takes over 30 seconds to properly load the Forums-Guild section (with the quick links bar)-then there is something sadly wrong.

(Edited: Oh, well the lag is down substantially on GaiaOnline now, still a bit more lag than usual). Also, the Tier system better acknowledge any GC bought via monthly subscription, because I'm getting REALLY, REALLY sick of as a consumer getting PUNISHED for actually steadily contributing to Gaia. Just letting y'all know because this tier system and whether autosubscribers are recognized will be my deciding factor in whether it GaiaOnline as a business is worth spending money on.)

Clean Smoker

I couldn't find the right place for this so please forgive the post but I'm having trouble that whenever I put a picture or Avatar in my profile I can't move it around. Instead it goes and places itself on the corner of the screen and does not allow me to remove it. Please help me resolve this issiue No ticket seemed available to have this information relevant to my subject.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff