Last week the fishing worked at least in Bass'ken Lake. I haven't played since last Friday.

Today I tried Port of Gambino, and it seemed to work. I had a full bucket of fish, including two tuna and two trout, and then the game tried to save it, and it failed. I don't remember that error message.

I came back six hours later and tried Bass'ken Lake. It, too, seemed to work, and again I had a full bucket (except for two cans), including a green striper and three green bass. Again, the save failed. The popup message said something like "Ooops! The game save initialization could not be completed. Game could not be saved. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Now I've lost the 50 gold from the lost bait, as well as all the gold from my two lost buckets (whatever two trout, two tuna, three bass, one striper, two cans, and the rest guppies and seedkins) that I would have gotten from selling them to the fishing store.

I'm playing on a PC using Windows XP. The pop-up blocker is off, and there is no firewall interference (at least there hasn't been before the maintenance and new layout.)

Will the fishing be fixed? Is there any way to at least get my two baits back?

Thanks