Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
My inventory won't load, on any page I try. Going directly to my inventory page, the avatar dressup page, and even trying to reach it through my shop, all just leave me with a perpetual loading animation that never finishes. Additionally, I can't preview items in the marketplace, and none of the dropdown menus in the header work.
I've ensured that Flash is up to date on my computer. This issue has persisted for several days now, on all my accounts. Any thoughts?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
mourn_of_blades
I've ensured that Flash is up to date on my computer.
I'll just mention that it has nothing to do with Flash.

Have you tried clearing cache? Disabling any add-ons which block things like Adblock Plus or NoScript? Tried any other browsers?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Skilled Genius

It sounds like a JavaScript issue.
Do the navigation panels work or do they not work as well - moreover, do you have a yellow bar below the navigation saying JS is disbaled? Also as mentioned do you have any content blocking add-ons for your browser?

Shirtless Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Lady Saxophone

Oh. I could swear it at least used to...
Quote:
Have you tried clearing cache? Disabling any add-ons which block things like Adblock Plus or NoScript? Tried any other browsers?

Yes, yes, and yes. All to no avail. :/

Knight Yoshi

Any advise if this is the case?
Quote:
Do the navigation panels work or do they not work as well

The links still work, yes, but hovering over them doesn't show me those convenient dropdown menus. I can't even log out without closing my browser. :/
Quote:
moreover, do you have a yellow bar below the navigation saying JS is disbaled?

I do not.
Quote:
Also as mentioned do you have any content blocking add-ons for your browser?

Disabling them did nothing helpful.

Skilled Genius

mourn_of_blades
Lady Saxophone

Oh. I could swear it at least used to...
Quote:

Yes, yes, and yes. All to no avail. :/

Knight Yoshi

Any advise if this is the case?
Quote:
Do the navigation panels work or do they not work as well

The links still work, yes, but hovering over them doesn't show me those convenient dropdown menus. I can't even log out without closing my browser. :/
Quote:
moreover, do you have a yellow bar below the navigation saying JS is disbaled?

I do not.
Quote:
Also as mentioned do you have any content blocking add-ons for your browser?

Disabling them did nothing helpful.

That's what I thought. Whatever reason the JavaScript for the site is not being loaded by your browser. I'm thinking you have something blocking it, as to what that may be I do not know.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It could be that you or someone else may have put gaiaonline.com on a blocklist for javascript of some sort. Undoing it is easy but I'll need to know which browser you are using.

Shirtless Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Sahri
It could be that you or someone else may have put gaiaonline.com on a blocklist for javascript of some sort. Undoing it is easy but I'll need to know which browser you are using.

I had the same thought (more that it automatically got switched over, but close enough). I checked that, made sure Java is up to date, as well as my browser (Chrome), and checked the settings in both. No change.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
mourn_of_blades
Sahri

I had the same thought (more that it automatically got switched over, but close enough). I checked that, made sure Java is up to date, as well as my browser (Chrome), and checked the settings in both. No change.

Is this happening on other websites as well or is it just Gaia that's been acting up?

Shirtless Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Sahri
Is this happening on other websites as well or is it just Gaia that's been acting up?

It's only Gaia. Everything else works just fine.

Shirtless Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Upon logging in, I opened up the JavaScript console, and this is what it had to show me:

User Image

Anybody get something from that?

Shirtless Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
mourn_of_blades
Comparatively, what should usually display (in Chrome without any add-ons)
User Image
The stickersapp.feeligo can be ignored -- it's something that they're probably planning on using in a future chat system (or so we've speculated)

I'm not entirely sure why you have so many "YAHOO is not defined" messages though...
Out of curiosity, what are all of the add-ons you have installed on your browser?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Shirtless Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Lady Saxophone
I'm not entirely sure why you have so many "YAHOO is not defined" messages though...
Out of curiosity, what are all of the add-ons you have installed on your browser?

Your guess is as good as mine on the yahoo bit. :
I have Adblock for Youtube, a couple versions of Adblock Plus, and Website Logon for HP SimplePass. The only one I haven't tried disabling is the Website Logon, though that doesn't seem like it'd have any bearing on the problems I'm having. It came pre-installed on my computer, so I would think if that was it, it'd've been there all along.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff