Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lupine Genius

6,150 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Hi i'm a new member of Gaia online I joined like a couple of days ago. Anyway my problem is this. I mostly use Google Chrome to navigate through Gaia with but there are certain things I can't do on Gaia with Chrome. Dress my avatar/s, change my avatars and buy things from out of the shops.
With Internet Explorer (version 9) it is the other way around more or less. I can do all of the above except view my aquarium, play the games and explore the world of Gaia online. I also cannot visit my house. Having to "browser hop" is a bit tiresome any idea why this is please?? Thanks.
Do you have any adblockers enabled? If so, those can be a big cause of things not working right.

Personally, I use IE as my primary browser and have no problems accessing my aquarium (I can't see the links for decorations, backgrounds, etc.. in there but they still exist). Accounts have to be a full 72 hours old to access Towns, so if that's one of the areas you're having trouble with it's possible you're just on the cusp yet; also, houses can no longer be placed in there and to place in Towns 2 you have to go there and find somewhere for your house I believe (haven't transferred mine over yet).

I've had no problems with my inventory or shops when using Chrome though, so..

Lupine Genius

6,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
As far as i'm aware i've got no adblockers currently on on my IE but since i'm not on the computer that I currently use to use IE with (my Vista Home Premium desktop) I can't check. Like I say I can go shopping and buy things for my avatars and dress them etc etc but I just cannot navigate towns/decorate my house nor play games on IE9. I can however do all of that on Chrome. Of which I am using right now however. I think I disabled pop up blockers etc on here so I am going to try again see what happens. Thanks for your help anyway.

Not sure whether this account is 3 days old yet. It might be very soon however. Thanks again smile

Lupine Genius

6,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Well things seem to be ok now. I was able to dress my avatar/s and buy things from out of the shops too. With Google Chrome believe it or not. I wonder why it wouldn't let me do that before. Weird. Anyway as I say it's all sorted now. Thanks for your help smile whee heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff