Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've tried to find out if it's a problem with my settings, but it doesn't seem like it. Or if it is, I can't find it.

I get notices the first few times I'm quoted, but after a while it seems to stop.
This is really fairly annoying, as I like to thread-hop and this means I have to manually check everywhere I've posted for replies.
Plus I rely on quoting people to give them random art, so this makes me worry about them maybe not seeing it, if they have the same issue.

What's going on? Is there any way to fix this?

[Edit] And now I'm not receiving all my PM's anymore.
Someone told me they replied to my PM, but I never received anything.
Nor did I receive replies to several other PM's, which I'm worried might have also not been received.

Loving Elder

I've noticed as well. Most of the time I do get alerted but I also have noticed that a few times I didn't get alerted. I went to the settings and unchecked all the boxes and saves and rechecked. I have yet to see a mis-notice. Also, I believe Gaia only alerts a user up to the 50th posts in their forum. From there on they need to be quoted.
Nilla
I've noticed as well. Most of the time I do get alerted but I also have noticed that a few times I didn't get alerted. I went to the settings and unchecked all the boxes and saves and rechecked. I have yet to see a mis-notice. Also, I believe Gaia only alerts a user up to the 50th posts in their forum. From there on they need to be quoted.

I'm not sure what you mean with the last sentence- my problem is that when I'm quoted, I don't get a notice?

Loving Elder

shin_ai
Nilla

I'm not sure what you mean with the last sentence- my problem is that when I'm quoted, I don't get a notice?
Have you been here? http://www.gaiaonline.com/mygaia/settings/ a few of my notices weren't working as well. What I did was uncheck them all, saved and checked them back. It seemed to have worked and I get notices when I am quoted.
I made a mistake on the last sentence. It doesn't apply to you. Sorry.
Nilla
shin_ai
Nilla

Have you been here? http://www.gaiaonline.com/mygaia/settings/ a few of my notices weren't working as well. What I did was uncheck them all, saved and checked them back. It seemed to have worked and I get notices when I am quoted.

I have looked at it, yes, and they all seem to be set right- I just followed your suggestion and unchecked/saved/rechecked them, and now I guess it's a matter of waiting to see if I get the same issue again.

Loving Elder

shin_ai
Nilla
shin_ai
Nilla

I have looked at it, yes, and they all seem to be set right- I just followed your suggestion and unchecked/saved/rechecked them, and now I guess it's a matter of waiting to see if I get the same issue again.
Are you getting a notice when I quote you? I have been getting yours.
Nilla
shin_ai
Nilla
shin_ai
Nilla

Are you getting a notice when I quote you? I have been getting yours.

I did the last few times. But the problem is that it's sporadic- sometimes I do get notifications, and then after a while I don't anymore.

So I'm just going to start a few conversations in the CB and see if they keep working.
And it's doing it again.

I thought it was working for a while, but now I'm not receiving notices anymore.

In addition to that, I'm also not receiving all PMs anymore.

What is going on here?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces