Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

I was bored and wanted to change my avatar's gender just to see what it would look like as the opposite sex.

However, something got messed up along the way. Originally, I was a female, and changed it to a male. I didn't like how male turned out to look, so I wanted to change back to a female.

However, when I attempted to change back into female- the create character screen still showed me as a male. I tried again, and still no success. Still a male somehow! So far, I've lost around 30k trying to switch back, and they want another 30k for another attempt!

Here's the weirdest part. When I go to the salon...ALL THE HAIRSTYLES ARE FOR FEMALE AVATARS- when mine is still clearly listed and shown as a male.

User Image

To make matters worse- when I try things on in the marketplace...

User Image

It seems to think I DO actually have the hair and am a female. When I clearly am not.

I tried saving and re-saving. It seems gaia thinks I'm a female, but I am, in fact...not.

I don't mind being stuck looking like a male avatar- BUT I CAN'T CHANGE MY HAIR! I've also am unable to revert back to female, and am only given the option to change to male (since it seems to think I am female already)

-sigh-

Any suggestions?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE- (after I was told to delete/reset my avatar)

I deleted my avatar and was told that the Experiment 105 would see on my account info that my base was a grombie and should switch me back upon deletion.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

Not only have I not been able to turn back into a grombie, but I can't use ANY of the skin change potions. They ALL say;

Quote:
The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

I have deleted and re-saved the avatar at least 5-6 times now! Still the same problem!

My avatar doesn't even appear when I attempt to try on items.

User Image

AND

The salon still only offers female hairstyle and my profile preferences lists me as a FEMALE avatar.

I'm at a loss! What can I do to remedy this and return to my actual female avatar and grombie skin! gonk

I've had this grombie skin for 5 years on gaia now. It was my identity here. To lose it due to an error/glitch in the gender change...

cry

Codger

Hey y'all, this really needs fixing.

Lunatic

Ceylon Tae
Hey y'all, this really needs fixing.

Thanks for the support. I'm trying to call attention to the glitch- I think it really stems from the gender change option- and need to be looked at.

Slumbering Bear

As a Level 5 Grombie, I wish you luck. I always wanted to play around with a female base but was terrified of this very thing. Hopefully this will all get straightened out. User Image
This is hapening to me to.
I didn't read the topic, and made my own.
But still, glad to know I'm not the only one.

Aroshin's Waifu

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Suckyyy. Hope it gets resolved soon..
La Nausee
I've been told that a developer has been alerted to the problem, and perhaps they can do something to resolve it.

In the meantime, this is a major issue, but I'm glad to see it's not just a single case.

I do hope this issue is able to be addressed.

Losing something that has been a part of my gaia life for 5 years...

=(

Hopefully my issue can be fix'd up too.
Good luck. I've seen the gender problem happen with someone else before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff