Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Glitch

31,375 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
The Bug
Freaky Animation Effects

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- where it happened
-- On my avatar

- how did it happen
--
anytime I equip an animated item, it blacks out portions of the avi if I don't have a background equipped.

- what were you doing when it happened
--
every time I equip animated items

- provide links if needed
--
N/A

- screen shots can be very helpful
--
Screen caps taken today

Operating System
- Windows 7

Internet/Web Browser
-Google Chrome

Flash version
-Not sure. (Latest version recently installed)

Animated items on my avatar while using Google Chrome (it doesn't happen with Firefox) appear messed up. As you can see, nothing is equipped other than the preview of the animations. This happens even on the header of Gaia when my avi is finished. I cleared my browser data already, which didn't fix it.

Feral Canine

21,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
That's weird...
Bump!

Magical Glitch

31,375 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Thread moved to Bug Report & Technical Support.

Ruthless Von Helson

13,965 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
same problem u.u i have like 4 astra items equipped and only my snowflakes are showing u.u oh where oh where did my body disappear u.u -sigh-

Magical Glitch

31,375 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
DarkAngel166
same problem u.u i have like 4 astra items equipped and only my snowflakes are showing u.u oh where oh where did my body disappear u.u -sigh-
Wow... I can't even see your avi except for the snow.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Dris Shalee
The marketplace preview window has been known to be faulty with Animated items -- most likely due to the fact that it was made long before Astras existed and never properly updated to reflect current Astra layerings. It is recommended that you try animated items on in your Dressing Room instead in order to see how they will look.
DarkAngel166
You can only equip up to two items in the "Animated" state at a time (some older astras allow up to 3)
Any more than that and they will start to bump each other and cause things to disappear, as you have noticed.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Magical Glitch

31,375 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Lady Saxophone
The marketplace preview window has been known to be faulty with Animated items -- most likely due to the fact that it was made long before Astras existed and never properly updated to reflect current Astra layerings. It is recommended that you try animated items on in your Dressing Room instead in order to see how they will look.
This problem occurs even after I save my avatar. It appears in the dressing room, on the header of Gaia, and in the forums, etc, etc. It's not just my avi either. I see the black wonky stuff even on other people's avatars in the forums. In other words, it's not just in the MP. I took the screen shots in the MP because the preview there is a smaller size than the dressing room, but it does the same thing everywhere, which is why I reported it. I started noticing it a little over a month ago. I patiently waited to see if it would go away, but it hasn't. I've asked friends if this happens to them, but DarkAngel166 was the first person I know of other than me to have this issue.

It makes me wonder if it's caused by my browser settings or something like that. I posted this thread first in the Avatar Talk forum, but when I showed Meromictic, she kindly moved it to the Bug forum.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Dris Shalee
This problem occurs even after I save my avatar. It appears in the dressing room, on the header of Gaia, and in the forums, etc, etc. It's not just my avi either. I see the black wonky stuff even on other people's avatars in the forums. In other words, it's not just in the MP. I took the screen shots in the MP because the preview there is a smaller size than the dressing room, but it does the same thing everywhere, which is why I reported it. I started noticing it a little over a month ago. I patiently waited to see if it would go away, but it hasn't. I've asked friends if this happens to them, but DarkAngel166 was the first person I know of other than me to have this issue.

It makes me wonder if it's caused by my browser settings or something like that. I posted this thread first in the Avatar Talk forum, but when I showed Meromictic, she kindly moved it to the Bug forum.
Ah, okay ewe I wasn't sure if it was happening all over the place or only the marketplace
The last time this sort of thing happened was when the staff went around fixing the green goo last year (which led to a temporary disappearance of black as well)

It might be a problem with Chrome, since I remember seeing some other reports about this before and they were all using that browser. I can't seem to recall if they ever found a fix for it though...

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Ruthless Von Helson

13,965 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Dris Shalee

Ah, okay ewe I wasn't sure if it was happening all over the place or only the marketplace
The last time this sort of thing happened was when the staff went around fixing the green goo last year (which led to a temporary disappearance of black as well)

It might be a problem with Chrome, since I remember seeing some other reports about this before and they were all using that browser. I can't seem to recall if they ever found a fix for it though...

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Apparently even though 3 animated items or more show up in the closet when your dressing up, it doesnt always work. U.U Just un-animated my bat and i re-appeared : i miss my animated bat T^T

Magical Glitch

31,375 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Lady Saxophone

It doesn't happen to all animations either... like this bat works fine:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All the astra fairy wings work. And using backgrounds usually stops the black goo from happening. So I don't think it's me. Because if it was my computer, then all the astra items would be affected, yes? Maybe not? I don't know. This avi has the following animated items equipped without all the animations playing: A devil tail, the sparkles, the orb; but the bat & tail are the only things animated and it allows all the items to be equipped at once. As long as they aren't all using the animations, it's fine.

The sparkles and the orb have black goo.
The tail and the bat do not. None of the fairy wings have black good either. (I tested them.)
The orb's black goo stars only after it's first time through the frames I think.

I wish I knew how to fix it.

Magical Glitch

31,375 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
DarkAngel166
Apparently even though 3 animated items or more show up in the closet when your dressing up, it doesnt always work. U.U Just un-animated my bat and i re-appeared : i miss my animated bat T^T
...And a very cute avi it is!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces