Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Dabbler

Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow
I'm having the same problem and its getting annoying because every text page i go to, to reply to someone it changes in to that stupid scam page.
Unfortunately the closest thing we have to a solution right now is to wait a moment when the reply page comes up and to click the stop button on your browser before beginning your reply. I'm aware that's it's annoying, but until a Gaia mod comes on and takes it up with Yahoo (which is where i believe it's originating) there's nothing we can really do. Just be super careful not to click on anything even accidentally when the redirection happens. Sorry.

I'm not i was think why such a thing kept popping up on a Web page. and did a web page micro soft scan and it said it was harmful ans then it kept popping up every where so i saw this thread and knew it was a scam.
The microsoft scan is a fake and you should ignore the site.

Gallant Knight

8,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
Final Fantasy Bandit
Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow
I'm having the same problem and its getting annoying because every text page i go to, to reply to someone it changes in to that stupid scam page.
Unfortunately the closest thing we have to a solution right now is to wait a moment when the reply page comes up and to click the stop button on your browser before beginning your reply. I'm aware that's it's annoying, but until a Gaia mod comes on and takes it up with Yahoo (which is where i believe it's originating) there's nothing we can really do. Just be super careful not to click on anything even accidentally when the redirection happens. Sorry.

I'm not i was think why such a thing kept popping up on a Web page. and did a web page micro soft scan and it said it was harmful ans then it kept popping up every where so i saw this thread and knew it was a scam.

Think your getting it mixed up with somethign else mate i just said i use my safty tool to scan to see if it was harmfull or not. Which it is lol

Shameless Dabbler

Max_Shadow
Final Fantasy Bandit
Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow

Think your getting it mixed up with somethign else mate i just said i use my safty tool to scan to see if it was harmfull or not. Which it is lol
Sorry I thought you were refering to the in web page scan,

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow

Yeah, as far as we can tell it's embedded in on of the yahoo ads that are all over the site, so it comes up on the reply page as well as the redirection page and who knows what else. It's a major issue but we can't do anything but be careful.

What antivirus and anti-spyware are you running on your computer?

Gallant Knight

8,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow

Yeah, as far as we can tell it's embedded in on of the yahoo ads that are all over the site, so it comes up on the reply page as well as the redirection page and who knows what else. It's a major issue but we can't do anything but be careful.

Norten

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow

Norten
UGG! Kill it! Do you have permissions to install programs on the computer?

Gallant Knight

8,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow

Norten
UGG! Kill it! Do you have permissions to install programs on the computer?

Yes o.0 lol XD
Hmm Ad-Aware works fine for me scans my comps and finds the tinest malware and viruses/trojans

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Max_Shadow
Yes o.0 lol XD
Okay, well I suggest that you disable/uninstall Norton, any geek will tell you it's a piece of junk. Not worth the price.
I can suggest four programs you can download and install for free, that will protect your computer better then any other programs out there that are also free. I don't pay for my programs and I've never had a problem, so I can't exactly compare it to any paid program, but if you want them I'll find you the links.

Gallant Knight

8,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
No thanks it's ok. Mine is working fine iv had it for over a couple of months now.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
If you stay on the page the whole time until the "download blah blah blah.exe" window comes up you do get a trojan. I'm not sure what ALL will get rid of it but NOD32 does. it's in the firefox cache folder and it seems it doesn't start spreading immediately so if you clear your cache you should get rid of it... just to be safe though I'd download a "file shredder", find the cache folder (oh right, a number of people don't use Fx so...) for whichever browser you use, and shred all the files in it.

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Fair enough. Each to their own. ^_^ I just like my programs, been using them for five years and not one single virus or trojan, even though I was navigating through sites where everyone else was picking them up.

User Image

Gallant Knight

8,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
im still getting it...

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Max_Shadow
im still getting it...
Copy/Paste from another thread. Just for everyone's info.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK, THE POPUP OR ANYTHING ON THE SITE
DO NOT LET THE SITE DOWNLOAD ANYTHING TO YOUR HARD DRIVE
WHEN YOU'RE REDIRECTED TO THE SITE PRESS THE BACK ARROW QUICKLY
OR CLOSE THE PAGE ALL TOGETHER IF YOU'RE NOT SURE WHAT'S HAPPENING.

In the meantime a script blocker like the one suggested will help.
For FireFox it's recommended you use NoScript
This will stop scripts form opening, you have to give them permissions in order for them work.
This has the unfortunate side effect of initially blocking Booty Grab Aquariums, YouTube Videos, etc until you give them permission to open.

For Internet Explorer...
I can't help you with that, as I don't use it. If anyone knows the IE equivalent let me know and I'll update this bit.

Otherwise you'll probably just have to deal with it.
Wait a moment for the reply page to load, when it starts to redirect stop it, and then make your reply.
When it's posted, don't wait for it to automatically redirect you to your post
(otherwise the ad often shows on the redirection page and the script takes over before you get back to the thread)
you can use the "click here" link in the Gaia text to get back to the thread you're posting in quickly

This is pretty much the only advise we can offer until the Admins/Mods address this issue.

Apocalyptic Worshipper

clicking "stop loading the page" helps, but half on the graphics is missing, it's very annoying...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff