Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

RAWR! And now it just redirected AFTER I'd posted and when Gaia was legitimately trying to redirect me back to my post on the thread. So it's not specific to the reply page! I think Gaia needs to get rid of some ads, if that was only an option. Unfortunately they're half the reason Gaia's still in business so I don't blame them. I think they might have to be temporarily disabled and if they're Yahoo Ads then an Admin needs to take it up and help Yahoo find the offender.

And HEY BANDIT, nice to meet another Aussie. How you doin'?
Also glad to know this is happening on another browser, thanks for that.

User Image

Shameless Dabbler

Mea teh Kitty
User Image

RAWR! And now it just redirected AFTER I'd posted and when Gaia was legitimately trying to redirect me back to my post on the thread. So it's not specific to the reply page! I think Gaia needs to get rid of some ads, if that was only an option. Unfortunately they're half the reason Gaia's still in business so I don't blame them. I think they might have to be temporarily disabled and if they're Yahoo Ads then an Admin needs to take it up and help Yahoo find the offender.

And HEY BANDIT, nice to meet another Aussie. How you doin'?
Also glad to know this is happening on another browser, thanks for that.

User Image

o.o Did you mean OS? I'm using Firefox and Ubuntu is my OS...

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Final Fantasy Bandit
Whoops, my bad. I'm a little hyper right now so I'm doing several things at once and typing faster then my brain can keep up. xD
Alright everyone, It is like, 2 freaking AM and I am pretty sure nobody is at Gaia HQ workin on this at this hour, so I should let myself get to sleep! Finally!

I will be checking on this tomorrow again, hopefully it gets onto the front page at an opportune time for someone with some power to fix it.

Good luck to everyone else having this problem, here's hoping it goes away when I wake up tomorrow???

Shameless Dabbler

Mea teh Kitty
Final Fantasy Bandit
Whoops, my bad. I'm a little hyper right now so I'm doing several things at once and typing faster then my brain can keep up. xD
Okay. I get the feeling it's a PHP attached to an ad that's causing this. I however am save from anything though, for some reason hackers don't write for Unix platforms.

Shameless Dabbler

littlerilsin
Alright everyone, It is like, 2 freaking AM and I am pretty sure nobody is at Gaia HQ workin on this at this hour, so I should let myself get to sleep! Finally!

I will be checking on this tomorrow again, hopefully it gets onto the front page at an opportune time for someone with some power to fix it.

Good luck to everyone else having this problem, here's hoping it goes away when I wake up tomorrow???
Night.

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Goodnight littlerilisin, I'm sure we can keep your page on the front page for the admins.
It's only about 4pm here in Australia.

Bandit: That's probably because 90% of the worlds population is stuck on using Windows.
I only have it on my computer because if I remove it then my warranty is voided, and my compu's only six months old. So...

Eventually I might go try something else, but for now I'm stuck with this. Ugg, Vista was the worst invention ever. Least it means that everyone's going to jump up and buy W7 the moment it comes out. Stupid marketing ploy, I reckon that's all it is.

User Image

Shameless Dabbler

Mea teh Kitty
User Image

Goodnight littlerilisin, I'm sure we can keep your page on the front page for the admins.
It's only about 4pm here in Australia.

Bandit: That's probably because 90% of the worlds population is stuck on using Windows.
I only have it on my computer because if I remove it then my warranty is voided, and my compu's only six months old. So...

Eventually I might go try something else, but for now I'm stuck with this. Ugg, Vista was the worst invention ever. Least it means that everyone's going to jump up and buy W7 the moment it comes out. Stupid marketing ploy, I reckon that's all it is.

User Image

You could always create two partitions, one for Vista and the other for a Linux. That shouldn't void the warranty.

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Final Fantasy Bandit
You could always create two partitions, one for Vista and the other for a Linux. That shouldn't void the warranty.
Depends on whether I take it in still partitioned. In theory if I did that (probably not with Linux though) then I'd have to format it back to the Vista backup in order to take it in for fixing, but in doing that it'd probably fix it anyway, so I don't really see the point. I think all techs around here just taught how to fix Windows and that's -it-. No one seems qualified to fix any other OS in any way. Well, not in my neighbourhood anyway. So in the end it seems like too much work to partition it and mess about setting it up and organising it all. I'm a terribly lazy kitty. >_>;

Shameless Dabbler

Mea teh Kitty
Final Fantasy Bandit
Depends on whether I take it in still partitioned. In theory if I did that (probably not with Linux though) then I'd have to format it back to the Vista backup in order to take it in for fixing, but in doing that it'd probably fix it anyway, so I don't really see the point. I think all techs around here just taught how to fix Windows and that's -it-. No one seems qualified to fix any other OS in any way. Well, not in my neighbourhood anyway. So in the end it seems like too much work to partition it and mess about setting it up and organising it all. I'm a terribly lazy kitty. >_>;
Haha, well first off I don't have many problems with Linux, and if I do I just take it to the forums, they generally know exactly what the problem is. Furthermore if it's a hardware problem you'll still have the windows for them to diagnose with,

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

That's true enough I guess. I think it's just too much bother for me right now. I prefer running windows and FireFox, mostly for my own graphics business I'm trying to get up and running. Helps if you're running the same thing your clients are for troubleshooting issues.

User Image

Gallant Knight

8,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
I'm having the same problem and its getting annoying because every text page i go to, to reply to someone it changes in to that stupid scam page.

Shameless Dabbler

Mea teh Kitty
User Image

That's true enough I guess. I think it's just too much bother for me right now. I prefer running windows and FireFox, mostly for my own graphics business I'm trying to get up and running. Helps if you're running the same thing your clients are for troubleshooting issues.

User Image

Fair enough. Oh and by the way, my mother just got the exact same redirection from Facebook, a tad worrying.

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Max_Shadow
I'm having the same problem and its getting annoying because every text page i go to, to reply to someone it changes in to that stupid scam page.
Unfortunately the closest thing we have to a solution right now is to wait a moment when the reply page comes up and to click the stop button on your browser before beginning your reply. I'm aware that's it's annoying, but until a Gaia mod comes on and takes it up with Yahoo (which is where i believe it's originating) there's nothing we can really do. Just be super careful not to click on anything even accidentally when the redirection happens. Sorry.

Gallant Knight

8,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
Mea teh Kitty
Max_Shadow
Unfortunately the closest thing we have to a solution right now is to wait a moment when the reply page comes up and to click the stop button on your browser before beginning your reply. I'm aware that's it's annoying, but until a Gaia mod comes on and takes it up with Yahoo (which is where i believe it's originating) there's nothing we can really do. Just be super careful not to click on anything even accidentally when the redirection happens. Sorry.

I'm not i was think why such a thing kept popping up on a Web page. and did a web page micro soft scan and it said it was harmful ans then it kept popping up every where so i saw this thread and knew it was a scam.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff