Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

I have been having a problem lately that only occurs when i try to have multiple tabs open for the Gaia website. If I have more than one tab open I get a a warning pop-up that says that there is an unresponsive movie script. It asks me if i want to de-bug the script or abandon it. Right before I get the pop-up, my computer starts to run ridiculously slow, then I get the rainbow wheel of death (mac user). It takes a minute or two for the wheel to stop spinning and for the text to pop up so that I can abandon the script and get on with things. A lot of Gaia features open on seperate tabs, it is also the way that I work best, I just like having tabs open. If I open a tab now though I immediatly regret it. I should also note that it is not my whole computer that runs slow, just my internet (Firefox).

My theory is that there is an add on the tab that I am not currently on, but it is still trying to run but cant run because I am not looking at it. Could you please help me out? I dont want to have to pull my hair out every time a new tab is opened from Gaia, and I dont want to change my internet surfing style.

Thank You.

Greasemonkey

40,725 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
If you're using Firefox, I suggest installing NoScript.

Dapper Dabbler

Ill give it a try, thank you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas