Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scurvy Pirate

This thread for bug reporting only. Suggestions and other comments should continue to go in the feedback threads.

Please report only bugs for Gaia on the Go for Android and try to use the following format:

• Step by step instructions to reproduce the bug
  • How reproducable is it? Does it always happen or just some of the time?
  • What page(s) does it happen on?
  • Does it only happen for you or everyone?
  • Do you get an error message? Copy and paste it.

We need as much detail as you can give us. Sometimes bugs are hard to track down in special cases. For example, if something only happens when you are looking at an especially big post or something, let us know! Any info helps.

EDIT: Having compatibility issues? Please double check that your device is actually compatible with the requirements for this app. The requirements are as follows:
  • 5.4M of free space
  • Android OS 2.2 or higher
  • ARM v7 processor or better

To get a general list of devices that are/aren't supported, you can check here.

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150
Model: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Provider: Verizon Wireless
Version: Android 4.0.4

Cannot Post/Reply:

Sign in>forums>find a thread>post>submit>error

After trying to post within a thread all it did was load back to a blank reply page.
Here are a few screenshots taken from my phone.
Screenshot_2012-09-02-02-59-54
Screenshot_2012-09-02-03-00-01

Cannot send PMs:
Private Messages> Compose> Fill in details>Submit>Error
After clicking submit to send a PM to myself it would bring up a "Message Not Sent" error even after filling in all details.
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff399/SimplyAngle/Gaia App/Screenshot_2012-09-02-02-56-17.png

Here is a more random one with two results.
Instead of using the back button on the upper right screen I'd use the back on the lower left and would get these two random results.
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff399/SimplyAngle/Gaia App/Screenshot_2012-09-02-07-04-31.png
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff399/SimplyAngle/Gaia App/Screenshot_2012-09-02-07-07-05.png

If need be, I'll use my camera and record how I came across these bugs.

Prodigal Demigod

UPDATED:

Model: Sony Xperia Play
Version: Android 2.3.4

PM formatting error:
Private Messages> Compose> Fill in details>Submit>
Private messages now send, but quoting - and sometimes the actual quotation marks - seem to have a formatting issue. Quotation marks seem to often either be changed to "%quot" or simply removed entirely. The second issue may be causing the first.

Naughty Sex Symbol

User Image
Model: Samsung Transform Ultra
Provider: Boost Mobile
Version: Android 2.3.6

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, to be honest. I was so excited when I learned you guys FINALLY have an Android app. However, I can't log in. AT ALL. I dunno why. I'm thinking maybe because my username has tildes in it? I've tried several times and I just can't get in. =/

EDIT::::

A thought hit me and it worked! I used the user number instead of my name and I got in instantly. =D

User Image

MellishRelish's Senpai

Demigod

14,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Go to the marketplace and try to sell an item. When you hit submit to sell the item, it doesn't sell. It gives an error message and won't sell it.
It happens every time I try to do it.
I can't remember the error message exactly but if you go do it, you'll probably get one too.

Lonely Pie-Maker

11,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
Devices incomatible:

HTC Hero: Cyanogen Mod7 Gingerbread (Android 2.3.7)
LG Optimums: Gingerbread (2.3.3)

Provider of both is Sprint but that should not matter.

Also:

Sony tablet with Honeycomb is incompatible.

I should assume that you put incorrect specs in this because there is no reason that any of the devices listed should not incompatible with this app. :/

12,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Simply Angle

Cannot Post/Reply:

I have the exact same problem with the same phone, provider, and version.

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150
Starlenn
Simply Angle

Cannot Post/Reply:

Just awhile ago an update was released and corrected most if not all issues I detailed in my first post. Have you updated your Gaia on the Go yet?

12,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Simply Angle
Starlenn
Simply Angle

Cannot Post/Reply:

Just awhile ago an update was released and corrected most if not all issues I detailed in my first post. Have you updated your Gaia on the Go yet?

I just downloaded it yesterday, so I was not aware that there was an update. Thanks!

Naughty Sex Symbol

The latest update you guys released for the app where you supposedly fixed the size actually made it look horrible on my phone. Screen is way to narrow. Other than that the app works pretty well. Obvious bugs with the integration of the cash shop.

Partying Fatcat

First of all HOORAY ANDROID APP FINALLY THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Anyway, bug report, sort of. The post page. The keyboard takes up half the screen when I'm posting and I can't read what I'm typing. AND there's no preview button. sad

Screenshot.

I know it's difficult to make this work with multiple screen resolutions and system specs all over the place, but is there a way to at least make the text box scrollable? Or perhaps remove the clutter and just give us a text box with the smilies and submit buttons next to each other (and a preview button too, please!)

There are other little graphical things that are annoying, such as the black empty space on the right and the whole thing looking like an iPhone app, but these are minor things. The post thing really needs fixing though because I can't post without checking my grammar and it's impossible to do that right now because I can't see the text!

Model: LG G2X
Provider: T-Mobile
Version: GB 2.3.7 (rooted phone with CM7.2)

Friendly Giver

6,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
you know the things to get gaia cash the surveys? yea,well none of them work iv done 2 for 100 gaia cash and one recently for 4k gaia cash but got nothing and i did everything it asked me to even confirming my email one some

Questionable Regular

Model: Samsung Captivate
Provider: AT&T
Version: Android 2.2

Illegal character in query at index 125

I downloaded the Gaia on the Go, and can't even sign in. When I enter my username and password, a window pops up with "Illegal character in query at index #", including a URL with my password in it, so I'm not posting that part. I've tried resetting the WiFi, turning my phone off and on, etc. I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem.

My best guess is that there are characters in my password that the app doesn't accept. Do I have to change my password to be able to use this app? =/

Anxious Gawker

Firstly, thank you so much for this app!

Model: HTC Rhyme
Version: Android 2.3.4

PM:
Really, there are only a few, picky problems that aren't a big deal. I don't really expect them to be fixed quickly, I know it's hard to get everything right with different versions and screen resolutions and there are bigger problems for you to fix. With that being said..

screenshot

>There's no formatting buttons, which doesn't bother me personally, because I have it mostly memorized by now, but I can see how it may annoy others.
>There's a problem with the scroll and I can't get it to make my typing cursor go to the bottom/after the quotes. That makes it difficult/impossible to quote the other person as well as making it pretty impossible to go back up and see what you wrote. I can move it up or down, but then it will return to the middle automatically.
>When I get on the website on my computer, it tells me I haven't replied to messages I have replied to (it doesn't have the replied arrow on it), and although the PM shows up in the outbox folder, it makes me nervous.

Notifications:
It tells me I have one new notification, but after I check it, the little number doesn't go away.

All in all, though, my experience with the app has been pleasurable. It isn't perfect, but it's better then nothing and I am grateful you made one.

Lily-livered Lunatic

~Harleen Quinzel~
The latest update you guys released for the app where you supposedly fixed the size actually made it look horrible on my phone. Screen is way to narrow. Other than that the app works pretty well. Obvious bugs with the integration of the cash shop.

Same problem. 9/14 update messed up screen size.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff