Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hello everyone!

This post is in regards to recent avatar saving issues caused by a bug with skin potions that was causing people to be unable to save their avatars. From October 18th, 2012 until about 3pm PDT on October 19th, 2012, Gaians who used any skin potion to change their avatar's skin tone were most likely affected by this glitch, and will be unable to re-save their avatar until they take steps to resolve the matter.

If you have been affected by this specific avatar glitch, and need assistance in getting help, please post in this thread with the following information:
*Username
*When this occurred
*Which potion you used
* Description of the issue

Once you have posted this information, we'll go through the thread and will be granting 3 "Gender Bender" potions to affected members so they can resolve the matter. Please be aware that these grants are ONLY for members who are experiencing this glitch, and since a fix was pushed on October 19, 2012 at around 3pm PT, any use of potions AFTER this time would not cause the glitch for any account not already affected. The bug only affected accounts that used a skin potion between October 18th, 2012 until about 3pm PDT on October 19th, 2012.

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

What you need to do to fix the issue:
The first thing you need to do is post the requested information in this thread so we know you need help and can grant you the "Gender Bender" potions. Once we have granted you the "Gender Bender" potions, you must take the following steps to fix the issue:
a) Find a "Gender Bender" potion in your inventory - it is located in the "Special" tab.
b) Click on the "Gender Bender Potion" icon to open the item use panel. Click on the "Use Item" button to switch your avatar's gender.
c) Go to your avatar and equip an item, and save the outfit. At this point, your avatar should save once again, and you'll be able to dress up as normal.

Now, since we know that you probably didn't want to change your avatar to a different gender, we've gone ahead and given you a second potion to use to change it back to the original gender you had before the glitch. You can repeat the steps above with the second bottle of "Gender Bender" potion in your inventory and this will convert you back to your original gender.

Finally, regarding the third bottle of "Gender Bender" potion we'll give you, we realize that when you change your avatar's gender, it also changes the avatar's hair, skin tone, and eyes. To compensate for these items, we've given you a 3rd potion to sell-back to the store for 25,000 gold.

To sell the 3rd "Gender Bender" potion back to the store, take the following steps:
1) Find a "Gender Bender" potion in your inventory - it is located in the "Special" tab.
2) b) Click on the "Gender Bender Potion" icon to open the item use panel. Click on the "Sell Item" button to activate the store sell-back process, then click on the second "Sell Back" button to sell the item back and get the 25,000 gold.

This gold is more than enough to recover most hairstyles, eye equips, and new bottles of skin potion. You should even have some gold to spare!

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• If your skin potion was one of the Halloween 2K12 skin potions available in The Treehouse for 20 Wing Stickers, please let us know in your post. We will refund the Wing Stickers to you so you can get another one.
  • Regular skin potions purchased through the Skin Tyte shop can be purchased again by using gold from selling back the 3rd "Gender Bender" potion.
  • IF YOUR ACCOUNT STILL HAS THE GLITCH, DO NOT USE ANOTHER SKIN POTION UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE USED THE GENDER BENDER POTIONS. THIS WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM AND YOU'LL JUST BE WASTING A SKIN POTION.

How long will this thread be open?
    We'll keep this assistance thread open until November 20th, 2012 so that people can get the assistance they need. That is plenty of time for everyone to have posted for help.

Dangerous Hunter

4,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
-Marionette-Meister
-Thursday October 18th, maybe around 11pm PST
-I used a Dark skin dark elf potion I had stashed, and when I couldn't save my avi, I tried using a regular dark elf potion from the store I had stashed a while back.
-Same bug as everyone else; I can't save my avi now.
*Nocturnal Fantasy
*On October 18th? I don't remember the time, but it was in the afternoon-evening hours.
*Human Potion C
* This---> Save failed, please try again.

Reason: The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Marionette-Meister
-Marionette-Meister
-Thursday October 18th, maybe around 11pm PST
-I used a Dark skin dark elf potion I had stashed, and when I couldn't save my avi, I tried using a regular dark elf potion from the store I had stashed a while back.
-Same bug as everyone else; I can't save my avi now.

Ok, you have been granted the Gender Bender potions. Let me know if this works for you biggrin

-Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Nocturnal Fantasy
*Nocturnal Fantasy
*On October 18th? I don't remember the time, but it was in the afternoon-evening hours.
*Human Potion C
* This---& Save failed, please try again.

Reason: The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again.

Ok, you've been sent your potions! biggrin

Sisky
siskataya
Nocturnal Fantasy
*Nocturnal Fantasy
*Human Potion C

Sisky

Thank you! :3 It worked.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Nocturnal Fantasy
siskataya
Nocturnal Fantasy
*Nocturnal Fantasy
*Human Potion C

Sisky

Thank you! :3 It worked.

Most excellent! Glad to hear it worked biggrin

-Sisky

Omnipresent Seraph

16,975 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
* xMeddle
* Sometime on the 18th I believe. I can't remember the exact time.
* Human C Potion
* Unable to save my avatar ever since using the potion. I get the same error that everyone else has been getting.

Golden Lunatic

*BACKYARD TEA PARTY
*October 18th or around there. I don't remember the time.
*Gender Bender potion; I used the gender bender potions to get the genderswap achievement; while the potions actually worked, and I got the achievement, I couldn't save my avatar to display changes made to it anymore.
* Reason: The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar.
*Saya Ravencroft
October 18th. It was about 7 pm
*Dark elf potion purple.
*Reason: The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

llawll's Significant Otter

Magical Enthusiast

Username: R o s a e iel
Which Potion you Used: Vampire Potion (Skin Tyte) and Human B Potion
When it was used: October 18th, I believe (may have been early October 19th).
What Glitch You Are Experiencing: User Image
X- Phoenixith
X- On October 19th. I don't remember the exact time.
X- Human Potion C
X- Save failed, please try again.
X- The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

Specter Flux's Waifu

Garbage Friend

*ExcessiveltTimewise
*Today, time of post
*None since August
*Used Gaia cash to buy new hairstyle and the new hairstyle isn't working or saving properly. It shows up in the dress-up screen, 'get nekkid' and 'reset' aren't working either.

Hilarious Trader

3,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100
*Trinity Noon
*October 20th, 2012?
*Dark Elf Potion
*When saving I get an error message that says; "Save failed, please try again.

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again."

MorosElian's Husband

Username: Yoashami_Katsuya
Which Potion you Used: Dark elf Potion (grey) (Skin Tyte) and Human B Potion
When it was used: October 19th, I believe (may have been early October 20th).
What Glitch You Are Experiencing: The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff