Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Prophet

7,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
-Rigalic Reign
-Thursday October 18th, round 8pm ish
-I used a Dark skin dark elf potion from the tree house, tried both a human and a regular dark elf potion.
- The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again.

Romantic Vampire

Username: Vynnetia
When this occurred: I do not remember the exact date, but it was right before you posted the notice on the skin bug.
Which potion you used: Halloween 2k12 Light Vampire Potion
Description of the issue: Save failed, please try again.

Reason: The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again.
That is exactly what it tells me :c
Sorry for this being late, I didn't realize there was a thread out there to fix the problem.

Fashionable Hunter

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
Username: Shinzo Kanashimi
When: About 3 Days ago
Potion: Blue Smoothie
Issue: Used the potion for kicks cause it's near Halloween. When I used the item, there was an error and now I am stuck in these clothes... I'd like to change back into my normal attire O_o; Base for avatar "doesn't exsist"
Didn't realize this was here D: hope I'm not too late... .n.

Dangerous Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
*Our Poisoned Secrets
*The night of October 18th, I am no longer sure of the exact time.
*I used a Dark skin dark elf potion (grey) and then Human potion E to switch back
*Same bug as everyone else; I can't save my avi now. I've tried the clicking "Get Nekkid" and saving but it then says "Your avatar is wearing items that you don't own.

If you continue to save your avatar, we will unequip all the items you don't own."
Tried saving in which I'd get the same error as everyone else. That says the base model doesn't exist.

Liberal Lover

*The Blurry Surrealist
*Oct 18th, in the evening.
* Dark Elf (Grey)
* Description of the issue: Same as most people here, I'm unable to save. "The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar" is the text I'm getting.

Tiny Pumpkin

Username: Rin27
When this occurred: October 18th/19th
Which potion you used: An older Dark Elf Potion, Human A Potion, Human F Potion, Dark Elf Potion (Grey) - (I'll be honest, I thought if I used enough old potions it would just clear itself up.)
Description of the issue: Save failed, please try again.
Reason: The base model for your avatar does not exist. please reconfigure your avatar

KelseaKilla's Husband

Rainbow Beau

29,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Username: blaykmagyk
When this occurred: Around 12am, Tuesday the 23rd
Which potion I used: First the Halloween 2k12 Dark Dark Elf Potion. then the Human A Potion
Description: I had bought a dark elf skin potion from the Treehouse, and it messed up, I went away for a few days and your dev notice came out about fixing it, I bought a different skin potion from Skin Tyte to get my original skin color back and I am still having the problem. I can't make a new avatar or anything, it says:

"Save failed, please try again.

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again."

And when I try to save after I click "Get Nekkid" and try to save it, it says the same thing.

Dangerous Hunter

Username:Shadowfire87401
When this occurred: October 19th, 2012 I don't remember what time though...
Which potion I used: Dark Elf Potion (Grey) from Skin Tyte, although I had bought a Halloween 2k12 Dark Dark Elf Potion from The Treehouse afterwards and it's still not working...
Description:
Oh noes!

Save failed, please try again.

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
*Angelic-Demon2012
*Sometime on the 18th or 19th in the afternoon
*Dark elf potion
* Cannot save avi.

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
-blackd0g5
-october 18th
-orc potion
-The base model for your avatar does not exist

Girl-Crazy Champion

9,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

*Username: Captain Tango
*When this occurred: October 18th, late at night. I can't remember exactly, sorry
*Which potion you used: I am a fool and changed my eyes and hair, and used a dark elf purple from skin tyte. Covered all my glitch bases I guess
* Description of the issue: When I try to resave my avatar I get the following error message:
"Save failed, please try again.

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again."

Blessed Healer

6,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Market Browser 100
*lirienleigh
*about 3 days ago
*dark elf potion from shops, as well as a few more
* cant save, keeps giving me the error message.

Mewling Kitten

*Je Suis Puit
*Probably the 18th at around midnight or some ungodly hour.
*I first bought the Dark Elf potion (purple) and got the error message, so I bought the Dark Elf potion to see if a new potion would fix the issue. But it didn't. So I settled and bought the Human potion A and of course nothing changed.
* Save error. User Image

Generous Friend

7,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
siskataya
Hello everyone!

This post is in regards to recent avatar saving issues caused by a bug with skin potions that was causing people to be unable to save their avatars. From October 18th, 2012 until about 3pm PDT on October 19th, 2012, Gaians who used any skin potion to change their avatar's skin tone were most likely affected by this glitch, and will be unable to re-save their avatar until they take steps to resolve the matter.

If you have been affected by this specific avatar glitch, and need assistance in getting help, please post in this thread with the following information:
*Username
*When this occurred
*Which potion you used
* Description of the issue

Once you have posted this information, we'll go through the thread and will be granting 3 "Gender Bender" potions to affected members so they can resolve the matter. Please be aware that these grants are ONLY for members who are experiencing this glitch, and since a fix was pushed on October 19, 2012 at around 3pm PT, any use of potions AFTER this time would not cause the glitch for any account not already affected. The bug only affected accounts that used a skin potion between October 18th, 2012 until about 3pm PDT on October 19th, 2012.

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

What you need to do to fix the issue:
The first thing you need to do is post the requested information in this thread so we know you need help and can grant you the "Gender Bender" potions. Once we have granted you the "Gender Bender" potions, you must take the following steps to fix the issue:
a) Find a "Gender Bender" potion in your inventory - it is located in the "Special" tab.
b) Click on the "Gender Bender Potion" icon to open the item use panel. Click on the "Use Item" button to switch your avatar's gender.
c) Go to your avatar and equip an item, and save the outfit. At this point, your avatar should save once again, and you'll be able to dress up as normal.

Now, since we know that you probably didn't want to change your avatar to a different gender, we've gone ahead and given you a second potion to use to change it back to the original gender you had before the glitch. You can repeat the steps above with the second bottle of "Gender Bender" potion in your inventory and this will convert you back to your original gender.

Finally, regarding the third bottle of "Gender Bender" potion we'll give you, we realize that when you change your avatar's gender, it also changes the avatar's hair, skin tone, and eyes. To compensate for these items, we've given you a 3rd potion to sell-back to the store for 25,000 gold.

To sell the 3rd "Gender Bender" potion back to the store, take the following steps:
1) Find a "Gender Bender" potion in your inventory - it is located in the "Special" tab.
2) b) Click on the "Gender Bender Potion" icon to open the item use panel. Click on the "Sell Item" button to activate the store sell-back process, then click on the second "Sell Back" button to sell the item back and get the 25,000 gold.

This gold is more than enough to recover most hairstyles, eye equips, and new bottles of skin potion. You should even have some gold to spare!

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• If your skin potion was one of the Halloween 2K12 skin potions available in The Treehouse for 20 Wing Stickers, please let us know in your post. We will refund the Wing Stickers to you so you can get another one.
  • Regular skin potions purchased through the Skin Tyte shop can be purchased again by using gold from selling back the 3rd "Gender Bender" potion.
  • IF YOUR ACCOUNT STILL HAS THE GLITCH, DO NOT USE ANOTHER SKIN POTION UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE USED THE GENDER BENDER POTIONS. THIS WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM AND YOU'LL JUST BE WASTING A SKIN POTION.

How long will this thread be open?
    We'll keep this assistance thread open until November 20th, 2012 so that people can get the assistance they need. That is plenty of time for everyone to have posted for help.

username;diedrich overload
time occured;oct 18 2012
potions used;human potion b and f, blueberry smothie, dark elf purple
problem; Save failed, please try again.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Profitable Hunter

4,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200
Username Dead Memories InMe
*When this occurred 10/18/12
*Which potion you used Pale Skin Potion
* Description of the issue
IT WONT LET ME SAVE ME AVITAR

Quick Reply