Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Entrepreneur

9,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
I know I'm not the only one who's found that the CAPTCHAS in the fishing game are a little too hard. I understand the need to prevent botting, but is there a way to just make them regular words in straight-up font? It would still prevent botting and the actual people playing the fishing game would be able to continue to the next bucket without having to try a CAPTCHA 19 times, which just happened to me.

They're just too difficult to decipher and even when I type in exactly what I think the jumbled letters appear to be, it's still incorrect. Switching the images would be very helpful, thank you for your time!

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
UrbanGeek
Please see this thread regarding that issue.
The second post there includes updates and explanations from the staff.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Tipsy Entrepreneur

9,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Couldn't Gaia make their own captchas?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
UrbanGeek
Like I said, see the thread I linked. In the second post is a quote from codemonkey explaining why it is so hard for the staff to fix things. They could write their own captchas, but the Fishing game is very old and he no longer has the editor which is compatible with it. So this would mean that the whole Fishing game would need to be re-written... which could take quite a while.
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Tipsy Entrepreneur

9,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
UrbanGeek
Like I said, see the thread I linked. In the second post is a quote from codemonkey explaining why it is so hard for the staff to fix things. They could write their own captchas, but the Fishing game is very old and he no longer has the editor which is compatible with it. So this would mean that the whole Fishing game would need to be re-written... which could take quite a while.
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Thanks for your help smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas