Welcome to Gaia! ::

Meimiko's Significant Otter

Unleashed Pawn

TL: DR

I do not recomend anyone to buy Gcash at the moment, as you might have to go through
a lot of trouble
due to it by finding out where your money actually went - without having gotten any Gcash.

Some can get it fixed via ID's that you can find either on Paypal or
if you were lucky and got a confirmation PM.
Others don't get these and therefor have no clue where the money actually is,
unless you take hours off your day to sit in the phone with bank + paypal,
and numerous connection with Gaia themselfs via costume support.

So until this issue is 100% solved, I do not recomend buying Gcash due to bugs atm.

Below are if money have been withdrawn, but no Gcash has arrived!

| If you got a PM / Transaction ID, but no Gcash |

Contact Gaia support and provide Transaction ID.
This might be found in a PM or on Paypal.

| If you did not get an ID |

Call Paypal and check with them.
They can stop the transaction from attempting to go through, and it will hopefully be returning to your bank account in a week.

| If money did not get withdrawn, and/or other issues on Gaia but nowhere else. |
Contact Gaia Support, it's an issue on their side and they could use a nudge about it.
Don't stress it tho, it's not worth pulling out your hair over - trust me, it's just pixels that you won't recieve cause of this crappy system issue.
I suggest you go play/spend it on something else :3

Below are issues encountered since the start of this thread, feel free to read through my "blog" about all the crap I have had to go through with the issues encountered ONLY on Gaia!
It's quite the journey, so I suggest grabbing some popcorn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

News

Paypal has managed to stop the transaction, as it kept getting stuck on transfering to gaia.
So I am just waiting on my refund there as the money should return back to Paypal and then to my bank within a week.

I still don't recomend anyone to buy any gaia cash at the moment, as there is still very much
an issue going on for costumers -
and you will have to provide Payment ID when your order messes up to the point where it still pays gaia.

It is lot of fuss for very little, in my opinion.
So do think twice before purchasing Gcash for now.

--------------------------------------
This might turn into a legal twist depending on Gaias response to my latest ticket.
I was told there had been a name/adress mismatch and therefor my payment had not gone through, and were told to contact my bank...
My bank laughed at that statement since the money HAD been taken from my bank and paid to Gaiaonline (which they can see in their transaction data)
and this CAN NOT occur if the Name / Adress does not match the card.

They also said that if Gaia does not provide a refund on this, I can call them up again and they will pursue it...
as this is fraud.

As of now I urge everyone who reads this to - for the love of their wallet and safety - not buy anything from gaia....
If they decide to not refund my money or provide any information regarding this purchase, they will have done something illegal - even if it is their system messing things up.
And so far, throughout my contacts with Gaia (And other people contacting them) - they keep
blaming the costumer, and asking the costumer to take responsibility for the situation.

Please, do not buy anything from gaia...
Do not attempt to buy anything from gaia...
Not untill they have fixed this whole thing and ----IF----- they solve this twist with a refund, because otherwise they might take your money and provide you nothing in exchange...

Edited: 2014-10-21

Gaias response which my bank laughed at....
Quote:
Solution
Solved:
(10/20/2014 1:04 PM PDT)
Thanks for writing. From what we can see your banking institution declined the transaction because the Name/Address information you provided when you went to purchase the cash is not the same as they have listed for you. We recommend that you contact your bank to verify what address they have for the card you are using and make sure to enter that information exactly when you try to purchase Gaia Cash.

Please contact your bank, you can make sure to have them clear the hold on the funds so you can have access to the cash used in the Declined transaction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Top news:
2014-10-19
I tried buying cash today as I had gotten paid.
It took the money out of my bankaccount, but I got no Gcash.
This is now happening on Steam as well - so the issue seems to have just gotten worse and spread to other sources.
I will be contacting Paypal shortly.

2014-10-13

People are being refunded if the money got pulled off their account, and they can provide information that they did indeed buy GC.

The issue where you simply get an error without any money being pulled does not seem to be considered an issue.

They are working on it, but... it has been over a month with this issue, I personally have stopped caring.

I urge people to keep posting about this, and I will try keep this OP updated as much as I can, but as I said - I have stopped caring, and I hardly log on Gaia anymore due to it, as I feel like a neglected costumer especially with the answers I have been getting.

I am -personally- not even trying to buy cash anymore cause I do not wish to waste money on Gaia anymore, hence again I urge others to keep posting and letting people know the issue still exists, as I myself will have no clue about wheter it is 100% solved or not yet.

I hope it can get solved for those who've not given up on Gaia yet, and I hope that everyone will get what they deserve.
For me personally - I have missed far too many items from the G-cash store that I really wanted to feel like I have been a valued costumer,
as I see no compromise for this in any near future or even on the plans for Gaia to "fix" for me,
I am hereby not buying any more Gcash ever from Gaia, nor am I spending half as much time here anymore.

I have been a costumer since Gaia started up, and the spammage of LQ items combined with these sorts of issues going around - and their reaction and treatment of it - just put me off Gaia, finally.

It is a good month for my wallet, a good choice for my economy, and most likely a fantastic opertunity for me to save money for something better.
It is, however, a horrible time for me as a Gaia user and former costumer.
My time as a Gcash-addict is over, and my time as a day-long Gaia surfer has also passed. emotion_c8

This was my latest reply from them, where it would seem like they take me for an idiot!

Quote:
Thanks for writing. As we stated previously, we are working on the issue. Just because we are aware of a problem doesn't mean that a fix is immediately known. This issue is requiring more work to be able to identify exactly what is wrong and then implement a fix, once we have it. Please be patient.

Never once did I think the fix would be immediate, I only ever complained about their lack of informing the masses about said issue existing and that they are working on it.
I also complained at their very poor handling of the issue, as I was pretty much asked to do the job for them (Run between Paypal and Gaia).

Also, I did try to buy Gcash one last time now that they had made the announcements of it being "Fixed".
It indeed isn't.
I once more got an error (:

Again may I add:
I'm done with this childish nonsense and horrible way of treating the costumer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Right so I found a workaround to the never-answered bug you guys have, which was to pay directly with Credit Card.
Now Paypal has added at Email section wich can't be filled in - so this bug is therefor still very much active.

I can't pay via Paypal, cause it keeps giving me an "oops" issue, and never providing me with the ordered cash - nor withdrawing any of my IRL money either so I am not loosing any real cash on it yet, but I am loosing my patience with not being able to buy the things I am trying to buy in the Cash shop.
I have already witnessed at least 3 items come and go during this time, 3 items I have wanted and have had money to buy - but not being able to purchase due to this bug of yours / paypals.

Can you PLEASE get back on this issue now?
I've tried to get an answer to this crap for over two weeks!

Its REALLY putting me off buying things, so I guess its doing one good thing.
I will most likely be leaving gaia for the first time since I joined back in 2003 cause clearly customer support is not something you guys fancy doing....

---

Also to add, it's not directly on paypals side, cause I have been able to purchase things on steam via paypal, so please don't come here blaming that side and then leaving in silence.

-------

UPDATE!

I contacted paypal about this issue, and they say the issue is with Gaia.
Gaia's paypal connection is malfunctioning according to them, my account works just fine (as I know since I can buy perfectly well via other sorces), but they said there's errors when trying to integrate with Gaia.

MEANWHILE I contacted Gaia as well, who blamed it on paypal.

Gotta love this childish company behaviour, who we're all too familiar with.
Just
work
it
out.
Contact eachother like adults and fix the issue rather than blaming.
Also asking ME to contact the other company FOR you is not a solution, as I already took the liberty to contact them beforehand, so do not send me another one of these:

Quote:
Thanks for writing. Actually contacting PayPal is exactly what we were going to suggest. There was an error and PayPal recommends that you talk to them about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update again:
They now closed my ticket, without providing me info wheter they've solved the issue or not.
Which they haven't, for their information.
GG gaia biggrin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 2014-10-10

I recieved an answer on the "Closed" ticket.
Apparently the system automatically closes a ticket if it is left unanswered / untouched for a while.
I personally think this is a horrible system, since then issues can just get swooped away unless you post mundane updates to the GM all the time - asking how it's going.
So don't leave your ticket un-spammed for too long, or it will flag itself "Closed" - no matter how urgent the issue still is. smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 2015-02-11
A year after - The issues are still very much alive!

I return to Gaia, found myself something I'd like from the Cash store, figured they should've fixed all the issues by now but alas: They are still here smile

User Image

At least now I can't even send 'em any money, country selection is nowhere to be found, and whenever I try directly via paypal I keep getting the notorious "oops" message.
Sent them a ticket to nudge them about the issue, yet again.

Still don't recomend buying Gcash as there are so many issues that they just don't seem to get working properly, so unless you're fine with loosing real cash (possible refund, possibly not) then do not spend any.

Over and out! <3

Friendly Conversationalist

I know you hate me too...

I'm having trouble with the email thingy too. I'm trying to use a credit card and absolutely can't. ;^;

you always say you do.

Enduring Star

i can't even put an e-mail in when i try to purchase with credit card i think its messed up idk though

Lonely Genius

JUST attempted it, and made a post of my own.
No worries, with all these people fussin over it, i'm sure it will be solved soon enuf.

*gives out cookies like the biggest doof there ever was...*
^ _^

Unleashed Pawn

TymeRiddle
JUST attempted it, and made a post of my own.
No worries, with all these people fussin over it, i'm sure it will be solved soon enuf.

*gives out cookies like the biggest doof there ever was...*
^ _^

Considering it has been an issue for over 2 weeks, I doubt it.
We've had reports of Paypal not working before, the workaround was to use creditcard directly, but with the new Email field - it doesn't work anymore, as it's unable to be filled in.

Unleashed Pawn

Updated First Post.

Vermillion Shapeshifter

I also tried to purchase GC just this morning and it gave me the Oops! message. I went and checked my latest Paypal transactions and and thankfully nothing had been charged as of today. Still pretty annoying, specially if this has been going on for 2 weeks. I mean, isn't Gaia pretty much about milking as much money from its users as they possibly can? How come they don't bother to actually do something about it? Hello, I'm trying to give you my money. This might very well be the last time I purchase GC, ever.

Unleashed Pawn

Blood-Splattered Sundress
I also tried to purchase GC just this morning and it gave me the Oops! message. I went and checked my latest Paypal transactions and and thankfully nothing had been charged as of today. Still pretty annoying, specially if this has been going on for 2 weeks. I mean, isn't Gaia pretty much about milking as much money from its users as they possibly can? How come they don't bother to actually do something about it? Hello, I'm trying to give you my money. This might very well be the last time I purchase GC, ever.

I just find it silly how they resort to blaming Paypal when I even said I have no issues buying anything via paypal elsewhere smile

Unleashed Pawn

Paypal insists on it being Gaia's side that is malfunctioning and asking me to ask them to contact Paypal to solve the issue.
Meanwhile I have gotten no reply yet regarding this after above message.

Sparkly Lover

Is there anyway Gaia or Paypal will issue refunds? I only spent 2 bucks but, if I can't get what I paid for, I would most certainly like it back lol.
I can't buy cash with paypal either.
It just gives me an error message and tells me to verify my paypal settings or something, even though I used it to buy things both from Ebay and things in game on League Of Legends. So, nothing wrong with my PayPal account.

I can't use the creditcard option either because I don't live in the US, and my phone refuses to let me pay with my phone.

I thought that perhaps I couldn't use my PayPal because I'm not in USA, but that just sounds silly??
I also remember paying cash with PayPal before, so I guess I can rule that out.
Aughhh I just don't want to miss out on the halloween items so this is very frustrating!

Gaia please.
What are you even doing.

lizbot's Kouhai

Wicked Shadow

considering i have several thousand dollars in the bank, gaia, i'm pretty sure i'm fine.

Oops! An error has occurred with your transaction. Please verify your payment information on PayPal and contact Gaia Customer Support if the problem continues.

cry i just wanna give you money gaia
cherno astra
considering i have several thousand dollars in the bank, gaia, i'm pretty sure i'm fine.

Oops! An error has occurred with your transaction. Please verify your payment information on PayPal and contact Gaia Customer Support if the problem continues.

tab tab tab in medias res
                tab tab tab tab tab Cia, Farris, Demarius,

This is what's happening to me and my transaction DID go
                through but i have no gc to show for it.

lizbot's Kouhai

Wicked Shadow

Cannibalistic Ego
cherno astra

That sucks sad It's fixed now for me, I bought successfully.
cherno astra
Cannibalistic Ego
cherno astra

That sucks sad It's fixed now for me, I bought successfully.

I'm too afraid to buy again...mostly cuz they
                already charged me and i want that gc more
                first

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items