Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Supporter

bump

Let's sing the song of our ppl around this sad and pennyless bonfire.

Meimiko's Significant Otter

Unleashed Pawn

Tried once again today, long time since I tried last now -
Still not working, I've checked all my information on Paypal if it's correct, and it is.

It also no longer seem to include a "pick a country" option, again, when selecting "Pay with Credit Card".

I guess this means Gaia has closed off sales outside of US?

Unleashed Pawn

Need to keep this thread active.

Shameless Muse

8,175 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Zero Omega (Gaia Admin) has posted this:

"PayPal Error Update

Hey Gaians,

We believe we have identified the cause of some users not being able to actually pay through PayPal or credit card. The reason for this is due to special characters being used in the billing information you fill out. For example, if your name is Rufus Cat Reé, you would receive an error and be unable to make the payment. To work around this, enter the non-accented counterpart. In this example, instead of using "é" you would use "e." This applies to both your name and address. If you do encounter this error, we'll give you an error message that informs you what to do to get around it!"

Um, so for those of us who have these issues, and DON'T have any special characters...? confused

Moonlight Harvester

...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...
I Hear Thunder

yum_tea
I think all countries with additional letters to their alphabets are also affected.

I live in sweden where we have three extra letters å, ä and ö in our alphabet. My address contained both ä and ö. I changed them to a and o and now i can pay via paypal again.

This have taken almost three months to discover.
So if your problem still persists after this, you might have to wait until 2016 before this gets fixed. :b

But Theres No Rain
...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Unleashed Pawn

The problem is still around as I return after such a long time.
Oh the joy smile

http://i.imgur.com/SHhRzf8.jpg

Can't even select a country! rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out