Still a problem. I know I'm not the only one

Dapper Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Angry bump
Happened to me on the world page today.

idling the page for a few minutes helped.

Shy Shapeshifter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
I just wanted to tell you something, don't know why it is that way:

I am using two PC's - 1) ASUS eeePC running on Linux Ubuntu, as it is a small 'netbook' it has very weak CPU/RAM/graphics - on this pc this shops-problem happens to me, too - every time!

2) a common desktop PC, with way better 4GB RAM, NVIDIA (8400GS) graphics card, and also a better CPU - all in all a faster, average gaming PC - on this pc I can claim my daily chance on shops without any problems...(it happened once or twice, but when I tried again the grant worked)

- so, this may be connected to the problem? Because if you leave the page open for a while it works (like BackWardForWard said)...maybe it's a speed problem, depending on how fast your computer processes the page?

another difference between those two pc's is: the eeePC opens the non-animated, nearly blank page to click "claim your reward" when I want my daily chance.

the desktop pc opens the small window on-page which is animated (you know, the one with the stars flying around xD)

This, too, seems to be depending on what pc you are using (slow pc - not animated, faster pc - animated)~

....now I've talked that much, maybe for nothing, but I just wanted to share what I experience every time xD

Dapper Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Suuruha
I just wanted to tell you something, don't know why it is that way:

I am using two PC's - 1) ASUS eeePC running on Linux Ubuntu, as it is a small 'netbook' it has very weak CPU/RAM/graphics - on this pc this shops-problem happens to me, too - every time!

2) a common desktop PC, with way better 4GB RAM, NVIDIA (8400GS) graphics card, and also a better CPU - all in all a faster, average gaming PC - on this pc I can claim my daily chance on shops without any problems...(it happened once or twice, but when I tried again the grant worked)

- so, this may be connected to the problem? Because if you leave the page open for a while it works (like BackWardForWard said)...maybe it's a speed problem, depending on how fast your computer processes the page?

another difference between those two pc's is: the eeePC opens the non-animated, nearly blank page to click "claim your reward" when I want my daily chance.

the desktop pc opens the small window on-page which is animated (you know, the one with the stars flying around xD)

This, too, seems to be depending on what pc you are using (slow pc - not animated, faster pc - animated)~

....now I've talked that much, maybe for nothing, but I just wanted to share what I experience every time xD

I only play on a desktop. It used to open the animated pop up for me. I know how Gaia works razz Been here forever. But it just suddenly started happening. Idk if its the new version of FireFox or what. I can let a page sit for days and it won't pop up the animation anymore.
Still, doesn't explain why I don't have permission to get the shops one >_< Where are the devs?

Shy Shapeshifter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
Lord-Phoenix-13

....Just to clarify that: I didn't want to tell you "how Gaia works", I've just listed the differences I experience with two completely different computers.

talk2hand

Dapper Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Suuruha
Lord-Phoenix-13

....Just to clarify that: I didn't want to tell you "how Gaia works", I've just listed the differences I experience with two completely different computers.

talk2hand

>__> Yeah, realized after I posted that I sounded like an a*****e

Shy Shapeshifter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
Lord-Phoenix-13

well, then it's okay emotion_c8 reading things like "I'm on Gaia since before I was born, harrharr!" always makes me think that I talk to people with a god complex emotion_facepalm

On topic: I guess you sent a PM to an admin/dev, no reply so far? I am waiting for an answer from siskataya (because of the Timid Achievement), I wrote her about a week ago, but no answer yet gonk Guess they have a lot of work, in the last time more and more bugs and errors showed up on Gaia!

Dapper Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Suuruha
Lord-Phoenix-13

well, then it's okay emotion_c8 reading things like "I'm on Gaia since before I was born, harrharr!" always makes me think that I talk to people with a god complex emotion_facepalm

On topic: I guess you sent a PM to an admin/dev, no reply so far? I am waiting for an answer from siskataya (because of the Timid Achievement), I wrote her about a week ago, but no answer yet gonk Guess they have a lot of work, in the last time more and more bugs and errors showed up on Gaia!

I've messaged devs before and nothing ever comes of it >_<

Dapper Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Still broken

Hallowed Zealot

I get that error a lot myself. The best that happens is that I can refresh the page and it works. At worst I have to check back later.

Dapper Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
faerie graveyard
I get that error a lot myself. The best that happens is that I can refresh the page and it works. At worst I have to check back later.

I keep refreshing and refreshing. It never lets be get it anymore :/

Dapper Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

Dapper Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

Quick Reply