Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Step by step instructions to reproduce the bug
How reproducable is it? Does it always happen or just some of the time?
What page(s) does it happen on?
Does it only happen for you or everyone?
Do you get an error message? Copy and paste it.

PMs are sent with blank text stating only /quote

Sending a pm either by reply or new message
Happens every time
Happens with sent pm
It's happened to me sending and recieving pms from people using Gaia on the Go
No error message

Vicious Kitten

18,290 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Step by step instructions to reproduce the bug.
- Open App. Click Announcements Tab. If There are new announcements you read then back out and app crashes. No announcements when clicking the tab, app crashes.
- Open app click notifications, the page needs to scroll to see bottom options but you have to be fast cause the page bounces back up.
- Open app, click messages, try to reply to a message. The Message sent gets coding all whack and end up sending weird codes and maybe 2 words of original message.
-Happens every time. Even after re-installing app.
- Always. Its how it looks.
- All the time. Don't send anymore cause too annoying.
-Announcements
-In Notifications,Any of the little tabs in it. In the forums, can't even create a post, search, or look through you posts and topics. Marketplace, Gotta scroll and tap quick to get to bottom tabs. On the offers page. Hard to complete an offer when its cut off and not fast enough to hit the next button before it bounces.
-Gonna guess everyone cause i restarted my hone, reinstalled app and still.
- " "
- Heard others complain as well
-Nope.
-Nope.
-Nope.
raynie_secondary
Hi, I found this issue while using the GaiaOnline app on my phone.

The Bug

When scrolling through different screens, namely the 'Notifications' or 'Private Message' windows, you can't see anything at the top or bottom of the screen because the menu bars block everything.

You also can't scroll down. For example, on the Status screen, there's a Grunny who makes it so you can't actually click any of the links down there.

Operating System

iOS 7.0.6

This error happens on both an iPhone 4S and an iPad Mini. I'm assuming this is because it's built for an iPhone 5 or something.

I'm running the app on an ipod 5 and I have the same problem on the notification page. I can scroll down to see the status, requests, notices, and friends stuff bar on the page where the grunny is, but I can't click on it to see the requests, notices, etc.

Shy Sex Symbol

Yvri
It says everything is sold out!
Even the items that arent limited and wont allow purchasing on anything please fix this!
The screen ratio is incorrect for iOS 7 users.

Intergalactic Gatekeeper

16,500 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I will be formal enough to use what you have requested back on your front page:

BUG 1: App Crashing on after leaving announcements: Simple enough to reproduce. You go and view the announcements and when you hit menu to return back to the front, the app crashes. If you go in to view past announcements, the app crashes.

BUG 2: Screen adjustment: This is something that is seen both for the iphone and ipad. I get tons of notifications and such, but I can't access them. You haven't adjusted the app to accommodate this so we can't really access menu options in both the Notifications section and the Marketplace. The forums one works perfectly fine. I think you need to reproduce that for the other two.

BUG 3: Viewing Profiles on App: This is one that has been happening as of late. I go into view a friends profile on the app, and all I get is white screen. I go to my friend's post, hit their picture to access it and that's what I get.

BUG 4: Adjustments for the iPad keyboard: Back before the big update, the app worked fine with the iPad. No problems at all. I feel as though I have to fight it in order to use it. What would happen is if I don't hold the iPad the right way, the screen flips around and the keyboard takes up the whole screen so I cannot tell how my post or pm is doing. It makes scrolling on posts have have a lot of text code hard. This would also affect the main menu. It would be stuck on Landscape mode and I can't get to the bottom half.

How reproducible is it? Does it always happen or just some of the time?
All of these bugs I've listed, happens all the time. The profiles thing was new and it's been happening since a few months ago. But still. It can be reproduced at anytime.

> Bug 2's glitches only happens in the area of the app that involves your status, notifications and such. It also happens on Marketplace.

> Bug 3's glitch happens on most of the profiles I try and access. I could go on the front page and view my own, but not my friend's.

> Bug 4 happens when I write a pm, status message or post.

I've seen a lot of people post about this.

I'm not writing anything about that last one because I don't really get error messages.

The rest is going to go to the feedback.

Devoted Lover

16,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
i was wondering if you guys happen to look into the windstream issue, it seemes that everyone that has windstream cant access the gaia web site. thank you for you time looking into this, if this is the wrong place to put this then please pass it on to someone how can handle it.

Syn_Akuma's Wife

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
3nodding
Shadowkeykeeper
I will be formal enough to use what you have requested back on your front page:

BUG 1: App Crashing on after leaving announcements: Simple enough to reproduce. You go and view the announcements and when you hit menu to return back to the front, the app crashes. If you go in to view past announcements, the app crashes.

BUG 2: Screen adjustment: This is something that is seen both for the iphone and ipad. I get tons of notifications and such, but I can't access them. You haven't adjusted the app to accommodate this so we can't really access menu options in both the Notifications section and the Marketplace. The forums one works perfectly fine. I think you need to reproduce that for the other two.

BUG 3: Viewing Profiles on App: This is one that has been happening as of late. I go into view a friends profile on the app, and all I get is white screen. I go to my friend's post, hit their picture to access it and that's what I get.

BUG 4: Adjustments for the iPad keyboard: Back before the big update, the app worked fine with the iPad. No problems at all. I feel as though I have to fight it in order to use it. What would happen is if I don't hold the iPad the right way, the screen flips around and the keyboard takes up the whole screen so I cannot tell how my post or pm is doing. It makes scrolling on posts have have a lot of text code hard. This would also affect the main menu. It would be stuck on Landscape mode and I can't get to the bottom half.

How reproducible is it? Does it always happen or just some of the time?
All of these bugs I've listed, happens all the time. The profiles thing was new and it's been happening since a few months ago. But still. It can be reproduced at anytime.

> Bug 2's glitches only happens in the area of the app that involves your status, notifications and such. It also happens on Marketplace.

> Bug 3's glitch happens on most of the profiles I try and access. I could go on the front page and view my own, but not my friend's.

> Bug 4 happens when I write a pm, status message or post.

I've seen a lot of people post about this.

I'm not writing anything about that last one because I don't really get error messages.

The rest is going to go to the feedback.

Distrustful Scamp

30,875 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Won't even let me log in, tells me my pw or u/n is wrong when it CLEARLY isn't.

Magic Pumpkin

9,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Cleric 100
This bug scared the crap out of me when a friend told me she had sent me a donation letter for this month orz.

Incase the image doesn't load, if you tap a Philosopher's Cache from the 'Dress Up' screen, you'll get a message thanking you for donating to Gaia, and asking you to select your reward which consists of 'Guy's Standard Eyes Grey'.

User Image

Go to 'Dress Up' and under special, poke any Philosopher's Cache.

Always!

N/A?

I don't know anyone else who has the app.

There isn't one.

Bloodthirsty Hunter

18,340 Points
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Master Slayer 200
I started another thread to ask about this just minutes ago until I saw this! I'm having problem logging in from the app. My iOS version is 4.2 (I know it's very outdated)

1. Type in username
2. Type in password
3. Enter

It just happened this one time. Just now

The login page.

Not sure.

I didn't copy it but it was something about the wrong username/ password.

I clearly typed in the correct username and password! Please help. Is anybody else experiencing the same issue?

Newbie Noob

8,100 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Hey! For some reason the buttons for my app(like the marketplace,my store,search, and wishlist buttons on the bottom of the Marketplace section) is underneath the whole page(as in when you go to the bottom you have to scroll down even more to even see it and whenever I try to touch it/I let go it would go back out of the screen) This is a big problem because I can't check on half the things. This happened to me every time I so far and I even uninstall then reinstall again just to try and fix it but it's still there. I have no idea if anyone else has it because I don't have too many friend on Gaia and I just started.From what I can tell no one else has this problem. If there is a solution or I'm doing something wrong then please tell me because from time to time(vacations especially) I won't go on my computer for some time but I still want to stay in the loop
thanks for your time!

Devoted Fairy

11,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200
Bug#1
Messagingh sending and reading issue
All my message responses do not go through. They either get a blank quote, or a copy of whatever they sent me. If I have a long message to read, it wont let me scroll down and stay there I have to hold my finger on the screen just to finish reading. No errors at all.

Bug#2
I go from menu to notices, i have to play this game of drag the screen up and hit which ever icon I need to before it drops back down. This is very very annoying! Plus once selected the notices icon becomes frozen, and I will have to go back to menu and start over several times before it loads my notices. Yet once back at main menu the number notification will have disappeared like I actually saw it.
I am having problems with getting the Halloween candy from shops. I only have about 14 or something like that. The shops that i know i haven't been to yet say i have been and i don't have 22 pieces of candy yet i don't know what you can do or if you can point me in the right direction.
Please and thank you. Have a wonderful day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff