Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Gaian

But I apparently didn't. I was bidding for The "Albino Bat Companion" and final countdown began at 8pm and I started bidding like crazy. In the end it said I won, I cheered and even turned to my girlfriend (eevee_axd) and she looked down and saw for herself that I had won and was the top bidder and the bid button was grayed out. the "winner" was changed to another person's name and we were both in shock...

Is there anything we can do about this?

Edit: And now the person who actually got the item instantly sells the item on the marketplace :/

Friendly Bunny

Honestly, its really just lag. After the bid finishes, you should refresh to make sure, since everyone's computer speed is different. It seems like that user was the real winner.

This is why I've heard they're getting rid of bid blast.

Enduring Gaian

Kazie-chan
Honestly, its really just lag. After the bid finishes, you should refresh to make sure, since everyone's computer speed is different. It seems like that user was the real winner.

This is why I've heard they're getting rid of bid blast.

Oh true. Well I decided to not do bid blast anymore anyway, I was pretty bummed, probs more upset than I should have been haha.
that very litterally just happened to me wtf stressed

Enduring Gaian

theythinkimcrazy0-o
that very litterally just happened to me wtf stressed

I was there lol, we were bidding on that blue/black coat. It did the same thing to me again, this time I didn't get upset because I figured it would happen again and it did. I just figured I'd use up my tickets that I have left on trying to snipe a bid. I was super salty the first time though
I wonder what these people do to win then if everyone believes they are the winner in the end is it some sort of randome choice being made with the final bidders

Friendly Bunny

theythinkimcrazy0-o
I wonder what these people do to win then if everyone believes they are the winner in the end is it some sort of randome choice being made with the final bidders

Its not really a random choice, it does end up being the last bidder. The problem is lag. I think bid blast would be more effective if it waited about 1-2 minutes to post the winner, so it can account for any/all lag.

Friendly Dabbler

What about me? I was bidding on Niji, and I thought I had one....but I think I lost due to lag. But now, Niji isn't even there! It's an owl won while back : ( What should I do?

Enduring Gaian

Roses Lilium
What about me? I was bidding on Niji, and I thought I had one....but I think I lost due to lag. But now, Niji isn't even there! It's an owl won while back : ( What should I do?

You got the owl INSTEAD of Niji?

(Btw, I saw the change, twas weird)

Friendly Dabbler

SwingzPKT
Roses Lilium

No no, I haven't gotten anything, which may be because someone who was lagging won instead of me. But in case I have won...I haven't gotten anything! I actually sending a report to the staff. I reall wanted this item too crying

Enduring Gaian

Roses Lilium
SwingzPKT
Roses Lilium

No no, I haven't gotten anything, which may be because someone who was lagging won instead of me. But in case I have won...I haven't gotten anything! I actually sending a report to the staff. I reall wanted this item too crying

Yeah, I really wanted the Albino Bat Companion when it said I won it. I really don't see any point in contacting them. They won't do anything for us (I hate to sound so negative). They'll make some excuse for it and say you're SOL

Lunatic

Roses Lilium

Bid Blast Glitch

something like this right?

Friendly Dabbler

SwingzPKT
Roses Lilium
SwingzPKT
Roses Lilium

Yeah, I really wanted the Albino Bat Companion when it said I won it. I really don't see any point in contacting them. They won't do anything for us (I hate to sound so negative). They'll make some excuse for it and say you're SOL

I mean, lag is lag. I can understand that. It's not their fault. This, however, is just plain weird! It's a different item completely that someone won a few weeks ago. :/

Enduring Gaian

Roses Lilium
SwingzPKT
Roses Lilium
SwingzPKT
Roses Lilium

I mean, lag is lag. I can understand that. It's not their fault. This, however, is just plain weird! It's a different item completely that someone won a few weeks ago. :/

Oh, that part, yeah, that you should contact them about

Friendly Dabbler

ll Panty ll
Roses Lilium

Bid Blast Glitch

something like this right?

Exactly! I was pressing the button till the very end, and then that stupid owl came up sweatdrop

I already sent a report to Gaia's staff. If I find anything out, I'll let you know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff