Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
There have been LOTS of problems for a LONG time that STILL have not been fixed. One is to be able to preview clothes at the stores. This seems to go on and off. It's been at least two weeks and I thought it would be fixed by now, at least for a longer period of time than a few minutes.

Also, at times I can't access my avatar, because it shows up as a red x.

If you're going to tell me to wait it out and be patient, don't bother, because I've already done that. I'm not one to ramble, but these glitches get kinda ridiculous after 50 times.
ya i just bought an item and i cant equip it it just shows a box with a small red x
me too, i hate my life cry
i agree!
it was fine, then i saved and i have no clothes!
it has been lasting for 3 days now!
i am getting really annoyed with these glitches.
i say, in my opinion, to get rid of the "clyde" system, cuz it is giving us too many problems!!
me too.
i would rather have gaia be down for maitanence for a while. and then gaia work.
then for gaia to work and have this glitch. it just takes the fun out of gaia if your naked!
X3
i bought cool items and i cant equip them
******** problems, the loading is ******** slow.
It's all caused by the Clyde server being hit by too much traffic; and like it or not, the only definete solution is patience, or trying again when Site Traffic is minimal.

You can also try this workaround, which utilizes the Reinhart server instead:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8581350

You can do the same for shop previews; simply copy the broken image's URL location, and paste it into a separate window. Then just change the word "clyde" to "reinhart" in the URL, and hit enter. 3nodding
AnarchistPoptart
It's all caused by the Clyde server being hit by too much traffic; and like it or not, the only definete solution is patience, or trying again when Site Traffic is minimal.

You can also try this workaround, which utilizes the Reinhart server instead:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8581350

You can do the same for shop previews; simply copy the broken image's URL location, and paste it into a separate window. Then just change the word "clyde" to "reinhart" in the URL, and hit enter. 3nodding

the poor person already asked not to be told to "be patient"; if you read the post you can see that the time for patience is past.

we always hear this advice, and it solves nothing; it's only aggravating.
chessiejo

the poor person already asked not to be told to "be patient"; if you read the post you can see that the time for patience is past.

we always hear this advice, and it solves nothing; it's only aggravating.
I know it's vague and frustrating; however it is the blatent truth, which is why I stated the only definete answer anyone can give is to be patient. There isn't a magical button the Administration can press to fix Gaia, each bug has to worked out individually, that's the definition of the Alpha Testing phase.
I learned a way how to get around this.
first: goto costomize me and try to equip the item ONLY ONE ITEM
second:Rightclick on the place where your avatar should be and select properties
Third:Highlight and copy the Url there it should look like this :clyde.gaiaonline.com/profile/inventory.php?mode=display&key=1605981807&pid=a1e&&slot=5&random=0.6732187957012836
Fourth: open a new window and login to gaiaonline with it.
Fifth:paste the url in the adress slot and change clyde with reinhart
Sixth: now press go see your avatar with the item good.
Seventh: now paste: http://clyde.gaiaonline.com/profile/inventory.php?mode=save& . In your costomize me window and click go
Last: Now hit home on your explorer menu.
Now your done

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces