Welcome to Gaia! ::

August 30th, 2014 - Unresolved
September 1st, 2014 - Unresolved

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
ThanatosRising
The Alchemy page does a lot of processing while loading, so yes, inventory size might have to do with it... though I have a little over 6.2k items and it loads in less than 3 seconds.
How many formulas do you have? Also, do you have a lot of components...? It might be due to that?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧The Alchemy page does a lot of processing while loading, so yes, inventory size might have to do with it... though I have a little over 6.2k items and it loads in less than 3 seconds.
How many formulas do you have? Also, do you have a lot of components...? It might be due to that?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

It worked fine when I had 6k-ish items too, but I have over 8k items now. (My Gaia page actually says it's over 9k but inventory arrange says it's somewhat less than so I don't know which one is more accurate). I don't have any formulas or caches at the moment, and I wouldn't say I have an excessive amount of components, less than 10 per ingredient and most are less than 5.
September 3rd, 2014 - Unresolved
September 4th, 2014 - Unresolved
September 8th, 2014 - Unresolved
September 15th, 2014 - Unresolved
September 29th, 2014 - Unresolved
Edit - September 30th, 2014: Removed a bunch of items from my inventory to see the issue was caused by an excess in alchemy components, or an excess in items overall, with little success. I've heard people claim that they've had over 9K, even 10-11k items and had alchemy work, so it would appear results are not consistent. If I was to guess, I think an inventory consisting mostly of multi-pose unique equipable items with few games items will possibly run into issues sooner than an inventory consisting of mostly game items, duplicates, and single pose items.

Moved 1170 (estimate) alchemy exclusive items to a mule.
Main Item Total: 8845
Mule Item Total: 345
Alchemy does not work on main but works on mule.

Moved 150 (estimate) insect items to a mule.
Main Item Total: 8829
Mule Item Total: 343 (due to removal of some cache items from mule.)

Moved 170 (estimate) ink items to a mule.
Main Item Total: 8818
Mule Item Total: 353

Moved 2690 (estimate) flower items to a mule.
Main Item Total: 8808
Mule Item Total: 360

Moved 3850 (estimate) trash items to a mule.
Main Item Total: 8793
Mule Item Total: 367

Moved 420 (estimate) fish items to a mule.
Main Item Total: 8743
Mule Item Total: 416

Moved 300 charms, 2026 tickets/tokens, 6 credits, 1676 bait, 92 cookies (estimates) to a mule.
Main Item Total: 8728
Mule Item Total: 426

Removed 96 Magic Giftboxes/Enchanted Trunks from inventory.
Main Item Total: 8631
Alchemy does not work.

Moved 260 (estimate) zOMG items to a mule.
Main Item Total: 8532
Mule Item Total: 525

Removed 140 Aquarium Fish from inventory.
Main Item Total: 8392
Alchemy does not work.
October 6th, 2014 - Unresolved
October 13th, 2014 - Unresolved
Edit - October 20th, 2014: I don't know if this is of any use oen troubleshooting or not, but when hitting "View Elements" via Google Chrome on the white paged Alchemy page, it reveals the following error:

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) "
Edit - October 21st, 2014: Asked about this issue during the last ATS, hopefully something will come from it:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/ask-the-staff-archive/ask-the-staff-20-oct-2014-closed/t.94539493_212/#212

Zero Omega
ThanatosRising
Not sure if this counts as a support issue or not, but might as well try:

Features

Were you aware that the alchemy landing page is not loading/white paging for some users (such as myself)? I suspect it might have something to do with inventory size being too large, causing it too time out, though I can't say for sure. Any way this can be looked into getting fixed?
Was not aware of that but not terribly surprised, large inventories can cause things to act funky sometimes. We'll pass along the request to see if we can do something about it.

Edit - October 21st, 2014: Second edit of the day. I recently purchased a formula from Bifrost after running into another user with the same problem who stated that buying a formula fixed the issue for them. Much to my surprise, it worked! It seems the white paging issue may be caused by attempting to access alchemy without any formulas. At any rate, while the bug still exists it seems to have a workaround.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff