Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Seeker

8,225 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
Perpetual Tourist
I'm not getting a lot of failures with this (just a couple so far), but I've gotten a ton of error messages.

Total gold lost: 4,500
Formula Name: Formula 1: Lawn Shark Blades
Number of attempts: Countless (only three actual failures)
Date of attempts: April 20-April 22 and still ongoing

Likewise, a similar situation.
Making Lawn Shark Blades formula
Two fails for 3000, but MANY errors.
Money spent on the components, paper and so on, is not included as I really just want to be able to craft the item.
None of components are soul bound, any idea what might be the hang up?
Atempts made on June 6-9

Rampaging Lover

13,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Zero Omega
Hey there everyone,

We’re aware of a glitch in Alchemy where if you try to craft a formula and one of your items is soulbound or locked it will always fail. Our developers have taken note of this bug and have set it on their project list to be looked at and fixed. Currently we do not have an estimated time for when this will be fixed, but it is on our to-do list.

In the meantime, we would like to reimburse those users who may have lost their gold as a result of this specific glitch. If you could please post in this thread and include the following information, we would be happy to investigate your claim and process it.

[b]Total gold lost:[/b]
[b]Formula Name:[/b]
[b]Number of attempts:[/b]
[b]Date of attempts:[/b]

Finally, we believe that we have found a work around for this particular problem. Please note that this is an experimental work around and does not guarantee a success.

• Find a formula that you need to craft.
  • Look at the ingredients list and see if any of the items that you need for it are soulbound or locked.
  • If any one of these items are soulbound or lock, then move them to the very end of your inventory.
  • Replace the soulbound items with a second set of items that are not soulbound or locked.
  • Move that new set of items in front of your soulbound or locked items.
  • Try to craft the formula.
  • If your formula fails due to chance, then you should receive the normal formula fail messaging, and not the altered one.
what if the items AREN'T soulbound? My Alchemy processor is acting up even when the item doesnt have that gold lock on it.

Shy Friend

26,600 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Public_Enemy_4_Ever
Zero Omega
Hey there everyone,

We’re aware of a glitch in Alchemy where if you try to craft a formula and one of your items is soulbound or locked it will always fail. Our developers have taken note of this bug and have set it on their project list to be looked at and fixed. Currently we do not have an estimated time for when this will be fixed, but it is on our to-do list.

In the meantime, we would like to reimburse those users who may have lost their gold as a result of this specific glitch. If you could please post in this thread and include the following information, we would be happy to investigate your claim and process it.

Finally, we believe that we have found a work around for this particular problem. Please note that this is an experimental work around and does not guarantee a success.

• Find a formula that you need to craft.
  • Look at the ingredients list and see if any of the items that you need for it are soulbound or locked.
  • If any one of these items are soulbound or lock, then move them to the very end of your inventory.
  • Replace the soulbound items with a second set of items that are not soulbound or locked.
  • Move that new set of items in front of your soulbound or locked items.
  • Try to craft the formula.
  • If your formula fails due to chance, then you should receive the normal formula fail messaging, and not the altered one.
what if the items AREN'T soulbound? My Alchemy processor is acting up even when the item doesnt have that gold lock on it.

Mine also were not soul bound or locked especially the last one and for heavens sake why does it take so long getting back to us.My last crafting session cost me millions and i cant understand why i have to wait so long to get my gold back it's just not fair ive had to borrow gold and im late in paying it back and i am now also out of gold.I would appreciate some kind of response as to how long i have to wait Which i have done and am still waiting.I am sorry to hassle you all the time but i cant carry on with anything now because i thought my gold would surely be paid back by now so i have nothing.Please help me soon as i am getting very despondent and desperate.Thank you iceeu2 sad

Chromatus's Husband

Fashionable Conversationalist

Zero Omega
Hey there everyone,

[b]Total gold lost:[/b]97500
[b]Formula Name:[/b]Banshee's Silver comb
[b]Number of attempts:[/b]13
[b]Date of attempts:[/b]June 20

I don't think any of my components were soul bound, however I tried to alchemize it through my laptop, then my phone {eventually I thought it work} then I gave up since I kept losing gold through crafting tries. I thought it was just bad luck.
Total gold lost: 2500 golf to craft, the items were 5 Mare of Anxiety (were 30k each at the time) and 5 Joyful Dreams Air (were 16k each at the time)
Formula Name: Formula 1: Forgotten Reverie
Number of attempts: Only had enough gold and items for 1 try x.x
Date of attempts: August 12, 2012

please help, i contacted gaia online help but i haven't gotten a reply yet. i know its only been a couple hours but i'm wondering if i'll get the forgotten reverie it said theres a higher chance of victory when you use the alchemy so i really wish it was working x.x
leeleexo1515
Total gold lost: 2500 golf to craft, the items were 5 Mare of Anxiety (were 30k each at the time) and 5 Joyful Dreams Air (were 16k each at the time)
Formula Name: Formula 1: Forgotten Reverie
Number of attempts: Only had enough gold and items for 1 try x.x
Date of attempts: August 12, 2012

please help, i contacted gaia online help but i haven't gotten a reply yet. i know its only been a couple hours but i'm wondering if i'll get the forgotten reverie it said theres a higher chance of victory when you use the alchemy so i really wish it was working x.x

just a couple details, i did do the whole process and crafted it. something popped up telling me it was successful but i didn't find the forgotten reverie in my inventory x.x

Welcoming Fairy

8,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Total gold lost: 310,045
5 Mare of Anxiety (40k for 2, 50k for 2, 70k for another.)
5 Joyful Dreams (12k, 11,950, 11,500, 11,050, and 11,045 respectively)
Formula Name: Forgotten Reverie
Number of attempts: Only had enough to do it once.
Date of attempts: September 10th, 2012

Says that it was crafted successfully, but when I go to my inventory, not only is it not there, but neither is the formula, or any of the items needed to craft it and I was deducted the 2.5k from my account for the item because it was 'successful'

And yes, I do have a screen cap of my purchase history for these items to prove that is how much they cost. I do not however, have a screen cap of the alchemy item was successful, but I can provide evidence that none of these items are in my inventory, that they were not traded, and that they were not sold or gifted.

Desirable Cutie-Pie

Total gold lost: 363,551 gold for ingredients plus crafting charge
5 Mare of Anxiety (54k; 55k; 59,987; 59,999; 60k)
5 Joyful Dreams (14k; 14k; 14,495; 14,670; 14,900)
Crafting Charge of 2,500
Total cash lost: 1 (formula cost)
Formula Name: Forgotten Reverie
Number of attempts: 1
Date of attempts: September 7, 2012, purchases between 3:27 and 3:34 am EST crafting between about 3:35 and 3:38 am EST

I went to Alchemy and crafted it "successfully", but when I went to my inventory, it was not there. The formula AND the items used to craft it were gone TOO. The 2,500 gold was deducted from my account for crafting the item.
And yes, I do have screen captures of my purchase history for these items to prove that the stated amounts are the prices paid. I do not, however, have a screen capture of the successful alchemy crafting because I pressed the button to take me directly to my inventory. When I tried to go back (with the back button) to gain a screen shot of the success report, I was taken to a new Alchemy entry. The same happened when I tried to use the browser history to view the success report. HOWEVER, I can provide screen captures of purchase evidence, and none of these items are now in my inventory, and they were not traded, and they were not sold or gifted.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff