Yes! 0.66896551724138 66.9% [ 97 ]
No 0.027586206896552 2.8% [ 4 ]
Never read them! 0.30344827586207 30.3% [ 44 ]
Total Votes:[ 145 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 211 212 213 > >> >>> »|

Irish Night Fox's Secret Admirer

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Ah then the best way to do it is to have cookies in your pocket and the dog on a flexi. Throw a toy... once the baby has the toy... call,reel in, treat, repeat ^^ You may have to vary on how far you throw the toy based on how active your dog is and weather or not he carries the toy when you reel him in. If he looses the carry part there is more training that will have to go into him to teach him that carrying a toy is a good thing ^^

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.
-Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend.

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Alright time for bed~ night night

Awww but I want to go to sleep~ XD
♪ I'm a fool with dreams, and not a lot of things ♫

That's what I've been trying, just without the flexi (without a lead at all), and sometimes he'll bring the toy back part way then drop it, other times he won't bring it back at all.

♫ I swear that I will be all you need, don't give up on me ♪

Dangerous Capitalist

@ Rian : Um, I suppose Fleetingwaves would work. The other two already had mates. xD

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
I imagine that's what the lead is for. Force him to come back, then reward him so he learns coming back is good and will do it on his own.

Yeah the problem with him and his lead is, he uses it for tug-o-war instead of walking though when I say "NO." firmly he'll stop for a bit, but he has a very small attention span and is easily distracted >.<

@Sas: Ok smile I thought I had seen them plotted before but I couldn't remember and I couldn't find anything in the archive.

Dangerous Capitalist

Ha ha yeah. I had been thinking the same thing so I did a Google search to find my journal since I was never going to actually find it in the archive. XD

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
Lol, I shoudl probably bookmark my old journal while I can still find it, then. razz Or put a link in my new journal. Once I make it.

My form is in the thread now, and I am headed downstairs for a movie and dessert with my boyfriend but I shall return either tonight or tomorrow smile Quote if you need me heart

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
Yeah it takes a while to find things in the archives now. /spent an hour or two looking for hers

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Ah then there are steps here... first you need to do leash work. connect a leash and let him drag it where ever he goes. Occasionally pick it up and give him a treat if he doesn't react to it.. if he does don't tell him no just drop the leash and go about your business... As you move along with the training lengthen the time you hold the leash once you can hold it for about three to four minutes try wiggling the leash a bit to see if he reacts. He shouldn't but if he does do the same steps as above and work your way up till you can literally shake it and he doesn't even blink. This will lead to better leash manners and then to being able to play on a leash.

While doing this training, because the above will probably take a dog about 3-4 days of occasional 5-10 minute training sessions, you can work on associating your dog with carrying toys to getting food. You will want to do this inside so you can reward him with out him running off. This is a waiting game...because you can only reward when you see them holding a toy. Be very happy when treating him for holding that toy. If he drops it before you are offering him the treat... don't give him the cookie and go back to whatever you were doing .

Once you get that far to that your dog will come walking around with a toy in his mouth looking for cookies... then you can do the flexi thing i said before ^^

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm working on training my dog not to freak the eff out around water/the bath tub. She's got a bad phobia of it. :< I can get her to sit in the tub without shaking so hard her teeth rattle, though, which is a huuuuuuuge deal.

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Lol thats good...Im working associating water as a good thing with my bulldog... bulldogs have webbed feet... but their heads are so big they sink... so when i first got her we took her to the lake and echo, my other dog jumped in... so petie did too... and well lets just say she didn't swim back by herself... and since then... she has been terrified of drowning... and so now even baths are a grand undertaking... Ive gotten her to the point where baths are ok... but she will never love them...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff