Welcome to Gaia! ::

Concerning breedings: Should we wait for the templates or do them anyway?

Wait for the templates... 0.52212389380531 52.2% [ 59 ]
What's the harm? Bring on the pups! 0.30088495575221 30.1% [ 34 ]
Gold. 0.17699115044248 17.7% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 113 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 219 220 221 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Welcome to Voices of Oblivion, a B/C shop based loosely off of Norse mythology and Novii's estranged imagination. We will be offering the dangerously majestic Hellhound; beasts spawned from the great wolf god, Fenrir, himself.

Oblivion is just starting out so bear with me! Please read the entire first page before you message the mule or any staff, but if you have any questions not covered here, feel free to PM Novablu and I'll do my best to get back with you ASAP. Thanks!

Enjoy VO!

Novii & `Swirly

~Directory~

1- Welcome!
2- News & Events
3- Rules
4- In The Beginning
5- NPCs
6- Territory & Maps
7- The Voices
8- Obtaining & Availability
9- Packs & Ranks
10- Eiffen Shops
11- Breeding & Whelping :: Puppies!
12- Customs
13- The Stone Dens
14- FAQ
15- Pet Trades & Affiliates
16- And Now!

Guild!
User Image

Arrivals Thread!

Certing Thread!
User Image

Credits

Shop Face & Concept by Novablu
Lineart by Daeril-sama < 33
Templates by Kaisanti < 33
Certs by Novablu
Front Banner & Headers, Footers, & Divider by Novablu
Founded by the A-may-zing `Swirly < 33

Fonts ~
Brushes used ~

Staff

Owners:
Novablu & Swirly

Managers:
Stone Den: Novablu

Colorists:
+ - Fulltime Colorist || $ - Reallife Colorist || ** - Parttime Colorist || - Hiatus

+$ Novablu
+$ `Swirly {9-30 to ??}
+ Daeril-sama

We -might- be hiring people later on, once we're established!!

User Image

User Image

August 7th: Nova here =D -audience claps- xD Nrly. AN UPDATE FOR THE FEW PEOPLE WHO COME HERE!

Have had no luck on my templatist search. I'm extremely picky...which is a downfall of mine ^^;; I find a few people I like, and either they don't play Gaia anymore, aren't taking commissions except RL (and Novii's poor) or are just too expensive Gold-wise. So, after many many attempts (most of them failed) I've decided to do my own. I don't know if they're any good... I mean, I hope they are, but Nova's always had a funky sense of shading. However good (or bad) they turn out, I will template all the lines we need- Puppy, Juvie and Adult- to re-open this shop. Yayyy.

They sadly aren't as spiffy and detailed as Kai's templates. I couldn't even begin to do something like that x.X However, I hope you'll like them at least for a few months < 3

After the Re-Grand-Opening event sometime, I will put up a poll. I will ask you to be honest and tell me what you think of the templates. If I get a majority of votes saying Omg, they suck, hire someone...then I will do that. I will hire someone while I continue to run the shop on my templates. Then, I will open slots to have you get your hounds re-colored on the final templates, whether they be mine or someone else's.

Sound good? Goood.

Both pups and the female juv are templated. I will be working on the male juv tomorrow and the adults the next day, if I can get the time. I would continue to work but my hands are muchos cramping and not only do I do art, but I'm writing an on-again, off-again novel. SO. I need them ;3

I will be hiring another colorist or two (one parttime, one fulltime, hopefully) here shortly. There will be hounds to win for advertising. Expect this in the next month or so.

I can see the Re-Grand-Opening to be sometime in October/November, with a Christmas event in December if we can get everything up and around by then.

-glee-

_novaout ;D

May 2nd: Ooookay so.

Update from Nova here.

I would love to see the shop bloom with visitors again, however; I know that this will probably not happen until we get all the templates and can start going with breedings and such. I really look forward to that day.

We've been open for...almost a year. Not enough's been done. Part of this is my fault for going ahead and opening the shop before everything was finished.

Speaking of templates, as beautiful as they are, I cannot shade the way they've been shaded. I had really hoped to do different tails and such, as was my plan with the beginning lineart I started with. I can't do this with these templates.

Plus our templatist, even though she's amazing < 3, isn't finished yet. I need them done soonish. So, I've decided to find a new artist to do the templates; how I'm going to pay for them, I have no idea, but we will find a way -laughs-

If you're an interested templatist? PM Voices-Of-Oblivion with samples of your original templates/shading skills/price and I'll send you a piece of lineart to shade for us.

Note that any hounds done on previous templates will be 100% allowed to stay in the shop. If they breed, their pups will be on the new templates. If you want them re-done, we will offer that service for a fraction of the custom costs.

Therefore, VOO is on a temporary Hiatus until everything is ready. I will hold a grand re-opening event once the shop is ready to open once again. I will also be hiring 1-2 colorists and someone to do our owner's list.

Feel free to continue to rp here, plot your charries, etc, just understand there will be no events/raffles/customs until VOO is opened once again.

-Novablu

February 6th: V-Day Event!
October 21st: Well Nova can't count... But we've got the thread up and running; things will be filled in as we go! click for event!
October 11th: There will be an All Hallows Eve event running from Oct 17 -- to -- October 31st < 33 Stick with us! biggrin
September 30th: We are pleased to welcome Daeril-sama onto Staff as a Jr. Colorist < 33 Also, `Swirly is on Hiatus due to RL issues < 33
September 27th: Chess Piece Event: Click!
September 21st: Novii's computer crashed this week, announcement page 70, followup 75. Gemstone/Opening event FINISHED! < 333 Congrats everyone who won a hound! Everyone else; we be watching you -wink-< 3
September 9th: GRAND OPENING EVENT THREAD! -snips ribbons- Click!
Septermber 8th: Advertising contest rolled. 'Grats Ruler < 3
August 21st: Almost all lines are done/inked! We held our first flatsale! < 33 It did well! New things will be coming soon < 33
July 7th: Whoot! Poll up! Also gonna do an advertising contest! If you advertise, you will be put on a list and raffled for a free semi-custom Hound when we open! biggrin Help make Voice's Grand Opening Event awesome! (Dates TBA)
July 3rd: Shopfront nearly set up. All banners done! Need to sketch puppy and male adult, as well as ink everything, and VO will be ready to open! There will be a Grand Opening Giveaway including raffles and games! More info will be put up as I know what's going on!
User Image

General Rules

1: Read the entire first page, rules and FAQ before you PM us.
2: Follow the Gaia TOS & Rules at all times!
3: No harrassment/bullying/begging/flaming/whining/trolling or being destructive emotionally.
4: Be respectful of others and keep disagreements and/or arguments out of the thread. Remember: the person you’re having a problem with is a human being with feelings on the other side of the computer screen, just like you. Don’t say hurtful things you wouldn’t want said to you.
5: There will be no Elitist groups. Any sign of Elitism will get a warning, then if it continues, graylisted.
6: Please, for the love of all that is sacred and taco-y, no chatspeak. Brb or lmao is fine. I just don’t want to see people coming in with ‘ALL CAPS LIKE SCREAMING OMGZZZ11111!’ or ‘tlkn 2 ppl lyk dis’. Talk like a normal person (or the equivalent of one). We don’t mind insanity here, but no excessive chatspeak.
7: Concerning Religion & Sexuality: I don’t have a religion. Some people do. I’m not a lesbian. Some people are. Keep opinions about religion/homosexuality to a minimum. Bashing of such things will warrant a warning and, if it continues, we’ll report to the mods. Behave. We’re all sane teenagers-to-adults here.
8: Try and keep your rl drama to yourself if it includes: suicide, sex, abuse (verbal/mental/emotional) or anything not PG-13. It’s best to find a friend and/or a support group to help you with this < 3

9: Do not steal the art/concept/etc. Yes, it’s sexy. We know. Try and refrain, though. You’ll get one, don’t worry! < 3
10: Artwork may, however, be altered for the following uses: Signatures, Journal Art, and personal usage (ie; desktop pictures, things not online)
11: Please, save images to your own servers! I move things around a lot and if your images are hotlinked, you will lose them! Save them as soon as you see them. Photobucket is a good host!
12: No refunds! If you don’t like what your custom has turned out to look like, contact the colorist. They’ll do their best to work with you and make everything right. You have 48 hours to decide whether or not the pet is good or needs more work.
13: All payments go to the Voices of Oblivion mule.
14: There’s not enough time to PM everyone arrivals/growths. They will be posted on an Arrival Mule (to be announced) and it’s up to you to find and save them to your own computers.

What the staff says goes. The end.

User Image

Roleplay Guidelines

1: We follow the Daisy Code!
2: God-modding: No. Don’t do it -unless- you and your partner have agreed to it in a private RP thread.
3: Think of a roleplay as a story collaboration! Each person posts in their character’s ‘voice’ and the story goes from there! A good finished RP is a wonderful thing to read!
4: Plotting: Feel free to plot, but try and keep it through PMs so it will still be a surprise to the people who read it! Again, it’s like a story, but if they know the ending, who will want to read? ;D
5: Concerning characters: No one is perfect. Your hound can’t be. For every strength, there is a weakness. For example, perhaps Sariah is bold, but might lose her temper too easily due to that strength. Strenght and weakness, right there.
6: For an open roleplay (open to everyone with a Hound), put [ORP] before your title. For a private roleplay (private between yourself and someone else) put [PRP] before your title. When you finish a RP, put [FIN] in the edited first post so we can move them to Archives when we need to!
7: Use ((brackets)) for out-of-character (OOC).
8: Use the guild to RP in, rather than the thread. The thread is okay for OOC RPs though!

Remember, RP is encouraged but not required!

User Image

In The Beginning

Deep in the skies, on a higher plane, lies a legendary land with two gates – the Celestial Gate to Asgard, home of the Aesir and Asynjur – and the Infernal Gate to Niflheim, the realm of Hel and the Underworld.

And between these gates lies a massive expanse of uncharted territory. Rumors are that even the chief god Odin himself dares not to treat this land, for it is the home to inner daemons and wild beast specters. Perfect, indeed, to protect the great spirit tree, Yggdrasil, epitome of all life.

Odin’s twin, however, lived in the depths of Oblivion, lurking, waiting... Loki was a shape-shifting trickster and a cheater, his soul consumed by jealousy and greed. Working alongside his serpentine daughter, Hel, he plotted Odin’s demise and created a son – the great wolf god, Fenrir.

But Fenrir wasn’t a slave. May times, Loki would order Fenrir to kill Odin, as the beast had both the power and ability to do so. He tried to force Fenrir’s will to bend to his own, but the mighty god possessed the spirit of the wolf and he refused. Instead, he wandered through Oblivion and past the gates of Niflheim and found a friend in the form of Hel’s demonic hound, Garmr, and later she birthed him two horned sons.

Skoll of Goldenclaw and Hati of Silverfang were brothers but, like Odin and Loki, enemies, even as whelps. As they matured, curved horns grew from their skulls and the rivalry became a fight of dominance.

The battle left both Helwolves exhausted; so much that they no longer had the energy to be angry, and they drug their broken, tired bodies away from one another, each going in their own directions.

Skoll invaded the gates of Asgard, only to be chased out again. Feeling a great deal of surprise and respect for the Aesir, he merely sat outside the gates and waited. The wolf’s gentle golden eyes drew in visitors and, finally, Odin’s attention. They became close and Skoll was appointed a job: to chase the steeds who pulled the sun’s chariot through the sky every morning. Although the golden horses, Arvak (“early riser”) and Alsvid (“all swift”) didn’t care for this arrangement, Odin was pleased with his team and the great horned wolf.

Hati, on the other hand, stuck around Niflheim, picking up pack behavior from the small group of daemon dogs that Garmr led. Together, Hati and his mother ran, chasing deer and anything else that was edible. Fenrir watched from a distance for a long time until he finally approached. Garmr, never the loving type, snarled to protect only her kill, and the young Helwolf left her, following his father into Oblivion. The trickster Aesir was pleased with the horned hybrid and gave Hati a job to match Odin’s new beast, knowing not that Skoll and Hati were brothers.

And so, Hati ate away the moon a little every night until it was gone. The sky dark and his stomach full, the wolf slumbered and the moon, called Mani, regenerated itself piece by piece until he was full once more. Hati would wake up, hungry, and the process began again.

Protecting the Aesir’s stock from being stolen or killed by daemons was a sturdy shepherding dog of long leg and white fur. Both brothers saw the fine she-dog, Romani, at nearly the same time – Hati, from his place by the moon, and Skoll, while chasing his chariot through the skies.

Two months later, Romani’s litter was born, a mix of both sires. She hid her ill-bred puppies from the protective Aesir and the nurturing Asynjur, her mind corrupt from the pregnancy and protection her main priority.

The thoughts of raising a family didn’t appeal to Hati, so he kept hidden. Skoll, however, searched for his mate everywhere, but when he found her with their five whelps, 6 weeks old and all horned, he was greeted by flashing eyes and snapping teeth.

Without thinking, Skoll retaliated in a blow that would’ve merely struck his half-god brother to the ground. Romani fell dead, and horrified, the wolf took the pups deep into Oblivion to hide his sins. The two largest pups were a soot colored femme and a black and silver boy... Hati’s children. His own puppies ranged from pale gold to dark red, each with white markings.

When the small pack grew old enough to travel, Skoll took Hati’s pups and delivered them to the moon-dweller, where they grew and mingled with Garmr’s pack.

Skoll’s pups roamed with the pureblooded dogs of Asgard and the youngest female was even given her mother’s sheepguarding job, but soon the horned Helhounds grew bored and jumped the fence keeping them from the wild and with self-appointed alphas, began to make a name for themselves. They were merely voices among Oblivion.

User Image

The Hellhound Handbook ~ TBA
User Image

NPCs

User Image
Fenrir: A giant grey and cream wolf with emerald eyes and chains draped around his neck. Son of the trickster god, Loki, Fenrir is ruled by no one and his heart and will are strong. He's passed this on to his sons.

User Image

User Image
Garmr: A large black and silver Doberman-esque dog. The lead daemon-dog of Hel's "protection" pack, she is rumored to die if she steps a paw outside the gates of Niflheim. The twin antlers on her head will mark her future progeny.

User Image
Skoll: A gold and cream half-wolf with golden eyes and a pure heart; this demi-god takes after his wolven father in looks and has Garmr's antlers. The mark of the sun on his pelt gives the young Helwolf a job chasing Sol through the sky.

User Image
Hati: The darker brother takes after his mother with a muscular hound body and a sleek coat bathed in grays and blue mottling. His horns are spikes, like twin blades, and he eats the moon, Mani, with the ferocity of his inner beast. He's got the mark of the moon and irises of two different colors (one gray, one husky blue).

User Image
Romani: The mother of the first Hellhound litter, sired by both Hati and Skoll, was a lanky white shepherd mix. She was a well-trusted sheep guardian before meeting the two demi-gods.

To those who like to draw:: If you draw your versions of VO's NPCs, they will be on a randomizer (as well as have their own galleries) so everyone can see them at different times!! PM the mule with your finished versions if you're interested!
User Image

Map of Oblivion
(Fog will rise as territories are developed!)

User Image
User Image

Stages

Pre-stage:
Pregnancy – Nearly one week after winning a breeding slot, female Hellhounds will begin to show signs of pregnancy. Their owners are in charge of pregnancy and infant rp. 3 days to 1 week.

Stage 1: Whelp (Birth-2 months)-- Usually shy towards strangers but never showing aggression. Completely dependant on their mothers and their pack, this is the stage where little things might effect them for life. 1 week.

Stage 2:
Puppy (3-6 months)– Short and chubby with large paws and drop ears, you can’t tell gender on these guys. Their coats are smooth with puppy fur and only small stubs tell of the horns to someday grow upon their heads. Sharp puppy teeth are venomless. This stage is happy-go-lucky and full of energy, but dependant on its pack. Guardians should be chosen now so they can bond. 2 weeks.

Stage 3:
Adolescent/Young Adult (7-12 months)– Their bodies grow fast and soon you’ve got definite males and females in your litter. They’re lanky, their puppy fur shedding out to reveal a sleek coat. Basic horns are developing and bucks begin to play-fight to test out their skills. Puppy teeth fall out to be replaced by venomous adult fangs. Adult claws are retractable. More exuberant and independant, they will sneak out of their alpha’s sight just for some fun. 4 weeks.

Stage 4:
Adult (12 months+)– Fully mature, both genders have full horns and coats. Assertive and distant to all but their Guardians. Females are slender and leggy, built for speed and agility, and males are muscular and strong and full of stamina. Able to breed, adults may have 3 litters in a lifetime. Adults may die (by guardian’s whim) or become old, though ‘grizzling’ or edits will cost a set fee. Infinite.

Stage 5: RP Intensive Stages. These stages will become ‘offered’ to certain Guardians’ Hounds who have hit a number of qualifications. The more +, the more rare. (Note: Some of these stages may be custom ordered through Gold, and some may only be available through USD commissions!)

++ Nomad - They who have sinned; they who have been cast from pack.
++++ Dream Weaver - They who can weave dreams like the Elves...whether inspiring ones or nightmares...
+++++ Alkhemyst- They who are knowing and wise earn this title, and the magick bestowed upon them as well...
+++++++++++++Aesiri/Asynjuri - They who have seen it all aquire the wings of the gods.

Art by the most-amazing Daeril-sama < 33
User Image
User Image

You can aquire a Hound in one of several different ways!

Flatsale!

::Flatsale Rules::

1: Do not post until a "Go" post is posted. Depending on who's hosting the FS, there may or may not be 2-5 minutes of silence before the "Go" is posted!
2: A "Stop" post will signal end of Flatsale.
3: All Prompt-based entries must contain the phrase 'bite the hand that feeds' in bold italics.
4: No editing of Prompt-based entries, please!
5: All FS Hounds, any stage, will be 5k. If you cannot pay this fee in 24 hours, the pup will be given to the next person in line.

-Speed: This is first-come, first-serve. You have from the time we post "Go!" to the time we say "Stop!" to get your entry in. Follow directions, as they are subject to change. The first post will pick first, second post will pick second, etc.

-Prompt Based: Not so much first-come, first serve. This will test your roleplaying ability. A prompt will be posted and you will have a certain amount of time to reply to that. We will judge on creativity and style, and the winners will be announced in due time.

User Image

Raffles & Flaffles!

::Raff & Flaff Rules::

In Raffles:
-You may claim 1 free ticket.
-Every additional ticket is 100g each.
-Winner won't pay anything other than ticket fees (if you buy tickets!)

In Flaffles:
-You may claim 1 free ticket.
-1 ticket or art piece per person.
-Winner won't pay anything.

-Regular Raffle: You will have a set amount of time (usually a 3-5 day period of time) to get tickets. All trades must go through the mule.

---

-Speed Flaffle: We will post 'Go'. You will follow directions to which Hound you want. When we post 'Stop' we will randomize winners.

-Weekend Flaffle Over the weekend, you will have a chance to post for a free ticket. When the date and time for ending rolls around, we'll roll and randomize winners.

-Art Flaffle Over a period of time (normally 3-5 days) there will be info or an example prompt, or just instructions on what to draw. You do your best and draw an image (it can be a sketch, or any media, etc) for 10 tickets, and that will be your entry fee. **the art piece I like best may possibly be given a free custom if the artist doesn't win one of the flaffle hounds**

User Image

Contests!

::Contest Rules::

1: You can enter once. That's it. No editing of posts, so make your entry count!
2: Each contest post must contain a quoted form with your name, the potential Hound's name/gender, the 'secret word', as well as the entry.
3: All of these will be in separate threads or even in Guild.

-Color Your Own: A "CYO" contest. The best concept(s) will win. Easy as that. You are allowed to keep the "CYO" as a reference for later custom use, but a reference ONLY.

-Roleplay Prompt Contest: This will test your roleplaying ability. A prompt will be posted and you will have 3 days to 2 weeks to get a post in (we'll tell you the time in our post). We will judge on creativity and style, and the winner(s) will be announced once judged.

-Art Contest: You will each enter a piece of art (any media, whether it be sketch to watercolor to photoshop CG'ed) themed after the directions, and it will be open from 3 days to 2 weeks. Not always the best art will win; it will be judged on creativity and style < 3

User Image

And if you don't win these, you can always try for a custom!
User Image

Inside each 'Clan' are smaller clans, called 'Packs'. There are allowed up to 4 packs per clan, so 12 packs at one time.

Packs, generally, are small groups of Hellwolves that hunt or live together. They don't have to be a family or even like each other that much, as long as there is mutual respect.

Alpha: The leader, or 'wolf in charge' is usually a female, but there is no problem with male alphas. Alpha female and Alpha male can be a mated pair, or just be two leaders watching over the same pack if it's large. If a pack gets too large, younger wolves might challenge the current alphas or might chain off into their own packs.

Beta: The 'Generals' of the pack, betas are second in command, normally 2 to a pack and rarely over 4 to a pack. These generals are hunters with skill and speed; they are fighters, mentors, teachers. Much needed, but some can be prone to disrespect the alpha.

Gamma: An 'everywolf', these gammas have no rank. They are to be followers, to obey the alphas and generals in command. They can sometimes rise andf fall in rank, depending on personality, behavior and respect.

Omega: Lowly 'dogs', only one of two of these per pack. They are usually appointed pupwatchers or litter caregivers, but can be skies or just Hellwolves not strong enough to be gammas.

User Image

In order to make a pack, appointed 'Alpha' owners must gather the following to earn a pack:

+ A Nordic name (see above for dictionaries) of 1-to-2 words
+ A 'theme' (with a explanation/description preferrably)
+ At least 3 pack members - no specifics, just 3 people willing to join
+ 1 Finished RP each between alpha and separate members (example: Alpha X 1, Alpha X 2, Alpha X 3)
+ 1 Finished RP between joined 'pack'
+ 2.5k for Subforum (if you want a pack account, you're in charge of it)
+ Plans for recruitment!

User Image
User Image

Stat Rolls
User Image

Breeding!

Maybe your wolf longs for company, a companion who loves her. They want to be together, to create memories together, slowly but surely, and soon wake up not alone, but with their lover at their side. Perhaps they want to be in love, feelings for one another shared evenly.

Or perhaps your wolf is just in the mood to get a little loose!

Either way, puppies happen, whether planned or accidental. Read on to understand all the rules involved with breeding!

Rules:

+ Both male & female must be adults over 1 month of age to breed
+ All previous pups by either female must be old enough to breed
+ Individuals can be bred 4 times in their life
+ RP'ed couples must have 3 roleplay total (1 of that being roleplay together)
+ RP'ed couples may have 3 - 6 puppies in a litter
+ Non RP'ed couples may have 2 - 4 puppies in a litter.
+ If your couple is entered every month and you can't win, a Low-Luck slot will be available after so long.
+ Breeding between clans is allowed. Shadow and Light are opposites, but this doesn't always keep lovers apart. However, breeding between members of the Myrkr and Ljómi will result in a 30% fatality roll due to stress.

User Image

Puppies!

It's been almost two months (IC) and your girl is toting around a belly full of puppies! She'll pop any day. Make sure you keep an eye on her and try and keep her in clan territory (IC'ly).

Rules:

+ You can keep one whelp yourself -- the rest must be given to friends, gifted to random people, or contested somehow. You cannot sell your Hound's babies for profit!

+ Whatever clan the mother is in, the pups will be born into. They can change clans at the Young Adult stage.

+ Pups must stay within their pack IC until Pup stage and within their clan until Young Adult.

+ You can, however, RP the pups with wolves from other clans via the Main Guild thread.

+ After breeding, it will take 3 days to 1 week for the litter to be born.

+ Offspring stay in Whelp stage for 1 week. They can be rp'ed as soon as they're born, but remember; they're BABIES. In character, they should be 2-6 weeks old! Keep them near Mom.

+ The next stage is Puppy. They stay in this stage for 2 weeks. Now around 2-4 months old, they are getting braver, wandering away from whatever sitters are watching them, and perhaps out of their parents sight too! What kind of trouble can your puppy get into (or keep out of?)

+ Third stage is Young Adult, lasting 3 weeks to 1 month. Lanky and falling over themselves, the offspring are independant and bold, crossing into other territories without problems. Friendships and enemies are forged and flirting is allowed. A word for troublemaking YAs: Don't try and overturn an alpha at this age -- we've seen it happen. It doesn't turn out pretty. This is your last chance at being a puppy; enjoy it! Adulthood is just over the horizon.

+ Remember: Pups can't be bred until they've been an adult for 1 month!
User Image

Nova's Customs are Open
Slots: 0/2

Daeril's Customs are Closed

Swirly's are Closed

You step into a small office-like building where an older man sits. On his desk are piles of papers, most of them in the ‘Out’ box, and he pushes his glasses up on his nose to peer at you as you walk in.

“Can I help you?” he asks and just the way he says it, it’s almost intimidating... The little nametag he’s wearing says ‘Edgewood”. Thassit.

Well? You looking for a certain type of Hellhound or just any ol’ pet? Tell the man whatcha need, pal!

“I’m just looking for a Hound,” you say.

He looks surprised for a moment, then smiles his eerie smile and offers you a pen and paper. “Pick a package and fill out the appropriate form at the bottom of the page. When you’re finished, don’t forget to sign your name...in blood,” he chuckles.

This man is crazy! You can’t tell if he’s being serious or just trying to creep you out. Either way, follow his instructions and get out of here! The sooner you leave, the better!

User Image

Custom Hellhound

Adult: 75k
Whelp-Adult: 150k.

Edits:
{add on...}

Complicated Coloring: 25k
{ie: henna}

Simple Jewelry or Simple Hair: 25k
Simple Jewelry & Simple Hair: 50k
Semi-complex Combo: 100k
Complex Edits: 250k

Quote:

Your Name:
Hound Name:
Hound Gender:
Hound Essence: (1 word that sums up his/her personality)
Colors:
Markings:
Edits (if any):
Anything else?:
Ref Sheet (if applicable):
Stage (1 or 4):
Final Price:

Custom FAQ:

Q: Will prices always stay this low?
A: No... This is Oblivion, afterall! As demands rise and we get an overflow of dogs, the outside market will be forced to raise them, but don’t worry! You’ll never pay 500k for a Random hellhound!

Q: What about other options other than "Custom"?
A: We don't have those yet. Lawl.

Q: The prices are too high!
A: Sorry, but I can’t lower them. Try and win one in a Flatsale or Raffle or maybe you’ll get lucky and a friend will give you a home-bred puppy!

Q: What about Cosplays? Are they allowed?
A: I'd like to say no...but it will depend on the cosplay. No full-body clothes, no guns or heavy weaponry, no crazy, furless aliens (unless, of course, you want to pay $USD, and then we'll talk!) Basically, animal cosplays (Lady/Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Aristocats, Ein from Cowboy Bebop, etc) are okay. Otherwise, ask!

Q: I don’t like Edgewood...
A: Neither do I... -shifty eyes- But he’s been here for 40 years and– crap! Shh. He’s looking at us.
User Image

User Image = Male | User Image = Female

[W] = Whelp | [P] = Puppy | [Y] = Young Adult | [A] = Adult

Hound List

User Image Faline - Neutral - [A] - Roxy_roxanna
User Image Maelstrom - Light - [A] - Novablu
User Image Vito - Neutral - [A] - Dark Jagan
User Image Liulfr - Dark - [A] - Evil Pirate Duck
User Image Ansgar - Light - [A] - Kitty Sprightt
User Image Freyr - Dark - [A] - Roxy_roxanna
User Image Runa - Dark - [A] - Ruler of Everything
User Image Mnemosyne - Dark - [A] - Blood_Scale
User Image Lukina - Neutral - [A] - Tekkianna
User Image Widower - Light - [A] - Zolis
User Image Krikta - Neutral - [A] - `Swirly
User Image Askel - Neutral - [A] - Daeril-sama
User Image Vidir - Dark - [A] - xxTake Me Away
User Image Zuli - Neutral - [A] - Horse-chic11
User Image Tien - Neutral - [A] - [.Silvr-Moon.]
User Image Ryla - Neutral - [A] - Horse-chic11
User ImageLucien - Light - [A] - Tekkianna
User Image Kyanos - Neutral - [A] - RaineDragonSoul
User Image Nocturnis - Neutral - [A] - RaineDragonSoul
User Image Freya - Neutral - [A] - xxTake Me Away
User Image Astridr - Neutral - [A] - evil pirate duck
User Image Randulfr - Neutral - [A] - Roxy_roxanna
User Image Rahla - Neutral - [A] - shinigamisgirl
User Image Kestry - Light - [A] - Novablu
User Image Frioa - Light - [A] - Reeshie Hack
User Image Disneyana - Dark - [A] - Roxy_roxanna
User Image Diamonte - Neutral - [A] - Zolis
User Image

FAQ

Q: What’s “Voices Of Oblivion” about, anyway?
A: VO is about a breed of horned dogs deemed Hellhounds, as they were descended from the great Fenrir and a Daemon-dog of Niflheim. It’s not a rp required B/C shop, but depending on how you rp, there are different stages you can achieve, including Gods and Goddesses of Asgard itself!

Q: And where is this Asgard?
A: In Nordic legend, Asgard is heaven and Niflheim is hell. So Oblivion is the place in between. But Asgard doesn’t really exist outside of legend! So don’t go on a journey... Yeah. Put that suitcase down...

Q: Are we allowed to play humans?
A: Well, not humans, but the humanesque beings that live in the shadowvillage, yes! It’s encouraged that everyone in the shop, with or without a Hound, at least have one original character. They won’t be drawn by VO or anything, but if you want to commission someone or TekTek your OC, that’s awesome!

Q: Concerning names?
A: You can name your Hound anything you want. Two people can’t have the same gendered Hellhound with the same name unless 1) you’ve got the first name-owner’s permission; 2) there is more than 4 generations between them; or 3) the first name-owner isn’t active.

Q: Can we co-own?
A: Not until we’re on our feet more and Novii can hire people to help her work!

Q: Is there a limit on how many dogs you can have?
A: Nopers!

Q: Are cosplays available?
A: Perhaps to an extent. Hair and colors, sure. Jewelry or scars? Why not. Perhaps even weapons (no guns) in the future, but no full-body clothes or armor. It just depends!

Q: What colors are allowed?
A: Anything you can think of. If you want to go with themes or the two packs, Skoll’s children are lighter in color, warm toned and smooth marked whereas Hati’s offspring were darker, with colder colors and crisp marks like the moon he ate.

Q: Can my Hound have edits?
A: If they’re customed, yep! Puppies won’t be edited, of course, but the YA and Adult stages will be! Anything other than clothes (ie; what I said about cosplays) is allowed! For already-made Hounds, visit Aishen for tattoos, piercings and dyes, and Kasiel for items like collars and jewelry!

Q: Do the Hounds have any sort of special powes?
A: No...not really ^^;; RP Intensive Stages will offer more leeway/power than others, but it’s not an elemental shop or anything. They fight with claws and teeth and horns, like any other horned dog!

Q: Do Hellhounds only come in one species?
A: For now, yes, although the villagers of Eisengard are always working on interbreeding, so one never knows what’ll happen!

Q: Well, will the interbred dogs be introduced to VO?
A: Be patient and not-nosy!

Q: What about wolves? The Hellhound Handbook says wolves and Hounds can have litters!
A: Wolves might become a ‘familiar’ of sorts, along with the domestic street dog! Just keep an eye out!

Q: Can homosexual Hellhounds breed?
A: For bucks, yes: You can find a willing ‘surrogate’ female for both bucks to breed with. For example, A and B want puppies. C is their surrogate. The amount of pups per litter (PPL) rolled will be divided in half. One half will look like a pairing between A and C, the other will look like B and C. For bitches, not at the time.

Q: What can we do with the puppies?
A: You can- free raffle them, give them away to friends, give them as a gift or as a contest win, or if you can’t find anyone to take them, drop them with Aishe and Kasiel and they’ll find them homes!

Q: I don't want my Hellhound anymore. Can I sell it?
A: Nope! You can, however, give it to a friend, raffle it off (a free raffle, of course!) or offer a roleplay contest for the Hound in question.

Q: Can I work for VO?
A: If we’re not hiring, then no. Sorry!

Q: I’ve got a good question for the FAQ!
A: PM the mule! biggrin We’ll add it!
User Image

Pet Trades

{Novii} TBA

Novii will take pet and art trades! For pet trades, please only inquire with animal (horse/feline/canine) shops, although if you think I'll be blown away, the worst I'll say is no. I don't bite domokun .

For art trades, I'm a novelist and am constantly looking for good artists to draw my human/vampire/werewolf or animal characters. Again, just PM me!

Shops she'll easily trade for:

+ Soquili
+ Shaoilin Woods
+ Whimsicals
+ PM to offer something!

{Swirly} TBA

+ Soquili
+ SoA
+ PM to offer something!

{Daeril} TBA

+ Soquili
+ SoA
+ Warriors: ITW
+ Mush
+ PM to offer something!

User Image

Links!

Link In!
To affiliate with Voices of Oblivion: Send a PM to the mule with a link to your shop and the banner to advertise with, and we'll add ya!

Banner(s):
User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/5couah][img]http://tinyurl.com/6gzf65[/img][/url]

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff