*needs to watch Monsters Inc.* :<

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Woot, 100 pages!

Man, this talk of monster movies...Like maru I'm also a gigantic wimp. Though, I did see Orphan in theaters with my brother last year, and that was a pretty big deal for me. XD

I remember when I was in middle school, I read a lot of Babysitter club books, and one of them had a murderer on a rampage story going on in it, and that gave me the creeps/kept me up for a few nights.

Actually, last night, I had this bizarre dream in which I was trying to save a bunch of adorable kittens, I don't remember what from. In general it was pretty tame, except at the very end of the dream I walked through a doorway and there was a GIGANTIC HUMAN SIZED CAT there, standing on two legs, and I flipped out and woke up so scared my heart was hammering.

...and this is why I avoid most horror movies. XD
What was your first ever Horror movie? :3
Mine was House On Haunted Hill, the remake of course.
I mean, the original was okay, but it wasn't really scary. >___<
I remember watching House On Haunted Hill and seeing all the creepy doctors and nurse ghosts ... I swear, I had nightmares for weeks since I was only 7 at the time. @ 3@

spelldancer's Compadre

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
ROFL- Awhhhhh human sized kittens! That's a new one. X D <33

Paranormal activity! & Number 2 is out soon. 4laugh
Though, the number 2 trailer doesn't really give anything away apart from a dog being in it. T^T
WHY DO THEY DO IT TO US PEOPLE! They know us softies always cry at the dog dying!

Number one was Amazing, that kept me up for nights on end. *Is a strong believer*
*Prods Elissa for back - up evidence of how haunted Black car farm used to be* DX *Dies*

Unicorn

GUUUUUUUUYS!

Sorry for not being around yesterday. The power was out at my house. It sucked. A lot.

*will totally catch up in the guild after work today*

4,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Gaian 50
Cheeky - Indeed that place was something else D= however your current house is not any better, when the twins where crying and pointing to that corner then the chair being slung across the room, that was not good U-U;

- fluffs her Flicker -

My first scary movie.... must have been either Saw or Final Destination.
@Cheeky: Paranormal Activity just wasn't really scary to me. o___=
I think it was the fact that they tried too hard to make it seem like it was all real.
There was really nothing that caught my attention in that movie... :l
It was a bit ... amateur-ish to say the least. >___<
I'm not saying that it's bad that you like it though. :3

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Yeah...I'm 26, and Orphan was the first horror movie I ever saw in theaters. D: I haven't even seen the Scream movies. I'm trying to think of other horror movies that I've watched outside of theaters, like in the comfort of my own home, and am coming up short.

I mean I watched like all of Buffy and Angel, and a lot of Supernatural, but I don't think those quite count. XD
@Elissa: Ohmigosh, I liked the Saw series up until like the 4th movie and then I was like "Okay, you guys are doing too much now... just stop. @ 3@;; "
And the last Final Destination movie was really cheesy. XDD

Romantic Exhibitionist

Monster Mash:

I really feel that monster movies are lacking - along with most horror movies now. They're more about gore than trying to scare you. I have yet to watch Paranormal Activity, but I do want to.

I liked the monsters from The Village, even if they were just *spoiler for those of you who have yet to see it*
people in disguise. I also used to be afraid of IT, but not as much as my eldest sister. Clowns are a bit freaky, along with dolls. My mother had a few and I had to turn their heads around because I felt I was being stared at. It didn't help that one of the dolls didn't have a dress on.

I think the worst monster concept I saw that, even though was it was clowns, made me laugh as this HORRIBLE movie that had Clowns from Space. If it was trying to be scary, they failed! It was more like the clowns were disgusting and doing bad comedy. It was really stupid.

My eldest sister and I are still trying to remember a movie we watched a long time ago as kids that really freaked us out. It was about these people on some sort of starship or base and there was this shapeshifting creature that was going around killing them. Now that scared me. The best part was when this guy was talking in this hallway and you suddenly noticed there is a wall behind him that wasn't there before. My sister and I both jumped to point it out. It was awesome!
@Blue: Really?! You haven't seen the Scream trilogy? o.o!!
Orphan was a pretty good movie and I was so happy when the girl died in the end, she got what she deserved. =w=
But you HAVE to watch the scream trilogy~!!! Rent it or something. You have time to catch up before Scream 4 comes out. :3
HAYDEN PANETTIERE IS IN IT, omg i'm so excited. <3

@Moon: You liked The Village? Really? =___o
I thought the movie was funny as heck. It didn't make any sense to me at all.
Oh, I watch IT when I was 11 ... have had phobias of clowns ever since.

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
I don't think I'd 'get' all the Scream movies, though. XD I mean, I don't watch horror movies. Wouldn't all the tropes they're playing on go right over my head?

spelldancer's Compadre

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
Elissa: Haha I know!
Things aren't any better now. xD

I'll get him all finished up for you after cleaning. <3

Melody: It might of been amateur and boring in places ad a bit cheesy with certain things but-
for me anything to do with ghosts even talking about them gets me all goose bumpy and such.
So, that's generally the reason why I like things like that plus, there isn't really enough good ghost movies these days. >.o

Anyway, cleaning time! Be back soon. *Mashes away at all the cobwebs* >;3

Romantic Exhibitionist

@Eternal: I actually liked the costumes and the concept. Yes, I might be a minority, but I thought it was okay.

I do like ghost movies. I think not seeing the monster sometimes is better than being disappointed with actually seeing it. The things that freak me out the most in real life are often nothing at all - just noises and tricks of the light.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff