Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

After a long hike following a tattered map, you finally arrive at the ramshackle remains of a building. Hoping you have, at long last, stumbled upon The Otter Oasis, you cautiously approach the door and raise your hand to knock, only to be interrupted by a voice.

"Stop! Loud noises'll agitate 'em!"

Glancing over, you spot a grizzled old ranger in a worn hat walking toward you. "Don'tcha know where you are?" she asks, jerking a thumb at a nearby, horribly weathered sign. Thinking it best to listen to the strange ranger, you take a peek at it.

User Image

You look back at the ranger, confused. "Why is so much of that sign crossed out?"

The ranger tilts her hat back and shakes her head. "Things just ain't been the same since they took over."

The Guild
The Owners List
Cert Pick Up Thread

Finding your way around

~Page 1~

Post 1: You are here
Post 2: Updates/Announcements/News
Post 3: Rules and F.A.Q.
Post 4: Story of the Reserve
Post 5: Otter Species/Predators/Familiars
Post 6: Flatsale, Auction, Raffle Information
Post 7: Custom Information
Post 8: Breeding Information
Post 9: The Gift Shop
Post 10: Lumi's Office - Pet Trade and Bribe Info
Post 11: Staff
Post 12: Affiliates
13 - 15: Reserved

~Page 2~

Post 1: Reserved for events
Post 2: Reserved for events

User Image

The Otter Oasis Spring Event is coming up soon. Watch this space for details.

Feb 13: Drop offs, page 3579
Feb 11: Drop offs, page 3565
Feb 8: Seriously overdue growings, page 3543
Feb 6: Moar application coloring drop offs, page 3532
Feb 2: Application coloring drop offs, page 3514
Jan 31: New hires announced, page 3501
Jan 25: Growings, page 3479
Jan 11: Growings, page 3426
Dec 29: Growings, page 3351
Dec 24: Drop offs, page 3341
Dec 20: Drop off, page 3333
Dec 3: Growings, page 3288
Dec 1: NaOtRoPlMo Results, page 3281
Nov 27: Growings, page 3266
Nov 16: Growing, page 3244, Drop off 3245
Nov 15: Drop off, page 3243
Nov 1: Drop off, page 3211
Oct 28: Drop offs, page 3195/3200
Oct 20: Drop off, page 3162
Oct 18: Drop off, page 3158
Oct 10: Drop off, page 3131
Oct 8: Drop off, page 3125
Sep 28: Elder growing, page 3108
Sep 27: Drop off, page 3099, 3101
Sep 24: Growings, page 3090
Sep 23: Growings, page 3086
Sep 19: Pick up, page 3076
Sep 17: Flaffle pick ups, page 3062
Sep 15: Growing, page 3046
Sep 08: Growings and drop offs, page 3032/34
Mar 01: Na'vi otters now loose on the reserve.
Feb 12: Valentine's flatsale was very cuddly.
Aug 14: The tastiest flatsale EVAR!. Congrats to the winners!
Apr 14: The Pokemon Event was another great success! Thanks everyone!
Jul 06: The Disney Character Event is over! Oh what a time we had!
May 27: Provincial Flowers flatsale - congrats to the winners!
Feb 5: Our Sweeney Todd Event with Anubii Temple was a great success! Thanks everyone!
Oct 30: Congrats Tatsu and Dante, winners of the NMBC auctions!
Aug 21: 1st Ever Predator flatsale! Watch out otters!
Jul 13: Lucky Charm flatsale went fast!
Jun 24: Otters of the Caribbean event was a great success! Thanks to all those who participated!
May 7: Grand reopening flatsale was a success!
User Image

Don't take or modify the art without permission.
It is a well known fact that otters hate art thieves. Steal the art and you will be reported, blacklisted, and beaten with a sack of hammers. D<

TOS is your friend.
Please abide by all of the regular Gaia rules, both here and in the guild.

Read over the first page before your start asking questions.
I really didn't type all of this for my health. There's a lot of good stuff up here, I swear.

Respect the shop staff and the other park-goers.
No fighting, no making other people feel bad. If you feel like being a jerk, please go do it elsewhere. You can come back when you're done. Lumi has a low tolerance for liars and people who whine. Just fyi.

We don't need any additional staff. Thank you for not asking.
In the event I want more staff, I'll seek it out. And I probably won't seek people who've bothered me about working here before.

If you have a question, you can PM Lumi - she doesn't mind.
If you have a stupid question, please PM ParkRanger (shop mule). This has been the rule for a while and some people still PM the mule (which I find pretty funny). Anyway, I know that is the rule in other places in b/c, so I don't hold it against you, but I rarely check the mule so if you do go the ParkRanger route, you may have to wait for an answer, okay?

Don't agitate the otters O:<
For reals. Some of 'em bite.

User Image

Are these RP required?
Nope. I understand that Gaians have real lives (well, most of us do). I'd prefer if you didn't get an otter and disappear into the night, but I won't stop you. But there will always be perks for dedicated RPers. ;3

Why won't my pet growwwww? D:
You can expect your pet to be in each stage before adult for somewhere between two weeks and a month. If you're waiting for an adult to elder growth, expect to wait a bit longer (especially if you're working toward an RP-reward). Cosplay growths tend to take longer than flatsale pets.

I have a bathtub/kiddie pool all set up! How do I get an otter?
Through flatsales, raffles, auctions and special events, of course! Things that will -not- work include badgering, harassing and begging. Although if you're trying to get on the blacklist, those are good ways to do it.

I have a fenced in yard! How do I get a predator?
Same way you get an otter. Only, like, drier.

I have an otter from, lyk, omg forever ago (aka before April 07). If I come back to the thread and RP, can it still grow to be an elder?
Sure, but again, the colorist will be different now, so ... y'know ... it might come out a bit different.

How much do I have to RP before my otter turns into an elder?
Only the Shadow knows. =O But! In order for your otter to be considered 'fair game' to grow to elder stage, you need to fill in the permission form in the guild. Haven't done it yet? Well go do it!

How many otters/predators can I own?
I dunno. How many can you get your hands on? There is no limit.

Can we co-own?
Yes, but you need to work out RP rights on your own. Similarly, if you breed a co-owned pet, you need to figure out how to divide the offspring on your own.

Can I sell my pet? I don't want it anymore.
Uh, no. You can give it to someone, if you like, and I'll recert, but no payment should change hands. If you don't have anyone you want to give it to, and still don't want it anymore, you can bring it back to the Park Ranger's office and we'll find it a new home.

Tell me about direct-linking!
Well, when a mommy link and daddy link love each other verrrrry much ... er wait ... wrong story. Please direct-link your otter until it reaches its adult stage; you won't see it grow otherwise. When it reaches the adult stage, I'd appreciate it if you host it yourself.

I have a mini otter. Is it RP-able? Is it smaller than the other otters?
Mini otters are indeed RP-able. Mini otters from events (SS minis, pirate minis, etc) are about 1/5 the size of regular full-grown otters. Some regular otters appear on mini lineart but should still be considered regular size. How do you tell? Well it's simple; if your otter(s) appear on the owner's list, you should consider them the same size as all other adult otters. If it doesn't, then you have a little one. Reeshie Hack provides us with a size comparison!.

Can my mini otter breed?
No. They can't reach.

Can my mini otter grow into a full-sized one?
Not at this time. Lumi's considering it, but doesn't want 400 pumpkin otters running around, so she's yet to think of a practical way to do this.

I love Lumi and want to send her pie.
I like Dutch apple. <3
User Image

A-way back when, the North American River Otter was hunted for its hide, which was quite valuable. Otter lovers everywhere were outraged, and began to protest the killings of the NRO. Trying to stop the riots, the Governments of Canada and the United States came together and decided to build an otter reserve in the scarcely populated Northwest Territories.

The reserve, to be named The Otter Oasis, was open to the public for viewing, but the inside of the reserve was human-free. The reserve was three square miles in size, containing a decent-sized lake and a river that flowed to the outside world. The northern region was largely covered by coniferous forest, and a meadow sparsely covered by trees was in the south.

The walls of the reserve were fifteen feet in height and made of thick glass for the viewing pleasure of humans. Though the glimpse of an otter wasn't guaranteed, up to twenty visitors a day stopped by to check up on the otters. Adopting of the otters was allowed, and the fee to adopt an otter helped pay for the maintenance of its paradise home.

Over time, though, things began to change. One of the park rangers grew concerned the otters were, well, organizing. The rest scoffed. The otters, while adorable, didn't have any such organization and were merely happy to frolic to and fro, collecting clams and nibbling blades of grass. The suspicious ranger, however, wasn't convinced by the others and began to investigate. To her surprise, she found the otters were not only organized, some of them seemed to be organizing into families. Some of them even seemed to be wearing clothes(!). She hurried back to the other rangers with her findings...

... and was promptly fired.

Luckily for the other rangers - indeed, for the whole population of the north - she didn't go too far away. For one fateful night, the otters rose up! They chased the other rangers out, dismantled the high walls sealing them off from people, and from the rest of the wilderness they longed to explore, and took over the reserve.

Something had to be done, clearly, and the heavily favored option was to just torch the forest and let it be over with. 'Rogue otters!' people cried. 'Think of the children!' people cried. It was at this point that the lone park ranger who'd suspected something like this would happen stepped forward again. She offered to stay on in what was left of the ranger's office, overseeing the otters - and those who would come to visit, and to live there - and keep them from getting out of control. After much deliberation, it was agreed that this was probably a lousy idea, but it was certainly a lot tidier than burning down the forest.

Now the sole park ranger watches over what she can, trying to keep the otters from getting out of hand, and trying to find a way to get Dr Pepper shipped to her remote ranger office. And if the odd human, or predator gets in here and there ... well, it'll probably sort itself out.
User Image

User Image

Stage 1 - Clam: How did you otter end up in a clam shell? Weeee had no idea, but a leading otter researcher deduced that when lil otters are born they're so teeny that their parents stuff them into clams for safe keeping. Good thing the reserve has big clams, huh? It'll stay there for at least two weeks until it's big enough to fend for itself, during which time feel free to polish it and adjust its seaweed in attractive patterns.

Stage 2 - Pup: Nyaaaaaw! Your otter is out of its shell and it's zomg adorable. It'll take two weeks to a month for it to grow the rest of the way up, depending on how elaborate a critter it is. Get a lot of baby piccus while you have the chance! They grow up so fast. ;o;

Stage 3 - Adult: Well well, lookee who's all grown up. Swimming off on their own, building their own burrows. All kinds of self-sufficient. Ifeelsoproud. *sob* Otters can breed at this stage, and raise lil' clams of their own. It's the circle of life, yo.

Stage 4 - Elder: Only certain otters will reach this stage; those who show themselves to be leaders amongst mustelids! You have to be a puuuurty wise old otter to call yourself an elder. Don't expect your otter to reach this stage until it's been an adult for quite a while. Don't expect it if you never RP or show up at an event, either (unless we're talking about a custom).

Angelics & Demonics: Holy crap on a stick what happened to my otter?? If I had to guess, I'd say he got a hold of some bad fish. Lookit the little horns/wings. Messed up.

User Image

Angelic Otters: These precious little ones go through the same stages as their 'regular' cousins, only they do it with style. Okay, maybe not style, but they do it with wings. And halos. Angelic otters can fly, and are slightly larger than normal otters at their adult and elder stages.

User Image

Demonic Otters: These are some vicious-looking critters, though not all demonic otters behave viciously. Still you may want to stock up on bandaids before getting a demonic pet. They have more than the average number of spikey bits on 'em. Demonic otters are fierce hunters, and are slightly larger than normal otters at their adult and elder stages.

User Image
User Image

It's inevitable that where there's food, there'll be hungry creatures looking for food. The Reserve is no different; three types of predators are common here.

Bobcats: These fuzzy felines tend to have an affection for mischief and many have playful natures. Regardless, otters should be wary of them; a predator is a predator, and a playful exterior may hide a calculating mind. I hear bobs like to play with their food...
Bobcats start out as fuzzy little bundles of cute and grow up to be fuzzy large bundles of cute. There is no elder bobcat stage, nor is there (currently) a distinction between male and female lineart.

Wolves: The largest predators on the Reserve, these fluffy canines have an air of authority to them (at least, some of them do). A little less likely to be playful than their feline counterparts, they patrol their turf on the Reserve looking for excitement, and for a meal.
Wolves start out as teeny little cubbins and grow into majestic adults. There is no elder wolf stage, nor is there (currently) a distinction between male and female lineart.

Eagles: The rarest predator on the Reserve, these high-flying raptors survey the landscape looking for unsuspecting otters and their little ones. They're hard to spot until they're almost upon you, and by then it may be too late!
Eagles start out as eggs and grow to soaring adults. There is no elder eagle stage, nor is there (currently) a distinction between male and female lineart.
Please note at this time, Eagles are not being offered in flatsales until further notice. If you really want an eagle, PM Lumi about it and we'll work something out.

User Image
User Image

Familiars are generally happy little critters who enjoying hanging around the bigger animals. You know, the plucky little brothers/sisters to their ottery/predatory counterparts. Some animals on the reserve have made a point of employing familiars to do their dirty work various tasks for them.

Familiars are occasionally available on their own, but tend to crop up as parts of larger events, or as special rewards to TOO participants.
User Image

How will flatsales work?
Most flatsales will be standard speed flatsales. In general, they will work like this:

How does a flatsale work?

1. ParkRanger will post "Go" in the thread.
2. After the "Go" post, you post which flatsale otter you'd like. Please identify it by number or by the description given in the preview.
3. The first poster to claim an otter wins it.
4. Once the official winners list is posted, you send your trade for 5000 gold to the ParkRanger mule, and PM your otter name to the ParkRanger mule. If you would prefer to wait to name your otter until it emerges from its clam, please PM that information to the mule as well.
5. Your certed clam/otter/predator/loaf of bread will be posted in the thread after your trade is completed.

How much does a clam/otter/predator/loaf of bread cost in a flatsale?
Each flatsale pet will be 5000 gold. Also bread is not a pet. Weirdo. Payment is due within 24 hours of the end of the sale, or your pet will be resold without warning.
When's the next sale?
Check just below this. If it says no flatsales are currently planned, then we don't have one planned at the moment. Expect a week or so notice of sales.
Can I buy a pet for someone else/proxy for someone else in a sale?
Sure, but then you can't get a pet for yourself in that sale. You may only claim one flatsale pet, no matter who it's for. Please also only recruit one proxy per sale. No gangs.
Can I edit my posts?
No. And in slow motion, NOOOOO. No editing posts! If you post and discover someone has already claimed the otter you want, you can try again in a NEW post. If you are caught editing a post - and you will be caught - you will be blacklisted. End of discussion.
If I offer you a bribe before the flatsale starts, can I buy one of the pets 'under the table'? Wink wink nudge nudge.
No, that wouldn't be fair to everyone else. So don't ask, mmkay?

There are no flatsales currently planned.

---

User Image

Starting bid on auctions will be 10,000 gold, unless otherwise stated.
Generally, only 03 donation items will be accepted but I may make exceptions on certain auctions. These will be listed at the start of the auction, so everyone's on the same page.
Autobuys, if they are set, will also be posted at the start of the auction.
In auctions with multiple pets, you may not hold high bid on more than one pet at a time. For instance, say you're bidding on Superman Otter and he goes out of your price range. You may switch to bidding on Spiderman Otter but you can't bid on them both at once, 'kay? Share with the other kids. D:
Don't bid what you don't have. Plain and simple.

There are no auctions currently planned.

---

User Image

Raffle tickets will usually be 100 gold each, unless otherwise stated. Some raffles may even be free. O=
Raffle winners will be chosen using Gaia's (really crappy) random number selector.
You may buy as many tickets as you like, unless otherwise stated.
You may buy for other people.
You can't pick which ticket numbers you get.

There are no raffles currently planned.
User Image

If you'd like to order a custom, first check to make sure slots are open (see below). If there is one available, you can try to claim it by sending a PM to the ParkRanger account. ParkRanger will let you know if your attempt is successful and prompt you for a custom form (those are below, too).

When your form is approved, you'll be asked to send a trade for the amount of your custom to ParkRanger. This trade will sit in the bank until Lumi is ready to start your pet.

First, you need to know which custom package suits your needs. If you have questions about that, you can ask Lumi while you're saving up, or we can work it out when you've claimed your slot.

Package #1:
Custom Coloring, Single Stage.
50k. This package gives you a single stage pet of your choice. No line art edits. It will not grow or change.

Package #2:
Custom Coloring, Multiple Stage.
100k. This package includes the three standard otter forms or the three standard predator forms, with no line art edits. If you choose an otter, note that your pet will not advance to the elder stage with this package.

Package #3:
Custom Coloring, Multiple Stage with Elder Stage.
150k. This package includes the three standard otter forms; Clam, Cub and Adult. In addition, your otter will progress to the Elder stage. This package is only available for otters, because there is no Elder stage for predators.

Package #4:
Single Stage Custom Coloring & Line Art Edits.
300k. The pet will be in either the Cub or Adult form (your choice) and remain that way (it will not grow or change). Not eligible for Elder stage.

Package #5:
Single Stage Elder Custom Coloring & Line Art Edits.
350k. This is the same as Package #4, but for use with the Elder stage. This applies to otters only (predators currently have no elder stage).

Package #6:
Multiple Stage Custom Coloring & Line Art Edits.
600k. Your custom otter includes the three standard forms; Clam, Cub and Adult. Not eligible for Elder stage. This package also covers growing predators of all types in their three standard forms. If you choose this package for an otter you want to grow to elder stage, we can negotiate the price increase at the time of purchase.

Lumi's Custom Orders are full.
Lumi's Custom Slots:
1. MoochiLove
2. JadedTiger22
3. timeerkat

Aurri's Custom Orders are Open - See Aurrie's Workshop.
Aurri's Custom Slots:
1. ...
2. ...
3. ...

Foxx's Custom Orders are closed.
Foxx's Custom Slots:
1. ...
2. ...
3. ...

Order Form
Custom Order Form:

Owner's Name: The owner name to appear on the cert.

Package #: Which package are you getting? If you're not sure which package you need, Lumi will help you figure it out.

Pet's Name: The pet name as you want it to appear on the cert. If you are ordering a multiple stage custom that will start as a clam and prefer to name your pet once it emerges, please indicate that here.

Pet's Gender: Male, female. Those are the only options here. At least for now. ^^

Stage: If your pet will be permanently one stage (non-growing packages #1 or #5), I need to know which stage you want. Note that package #6 is also one stage, but it only has one choice.

Description: Feel free to make this as long as you like - the longer and more detailed, the better. Reference pictures are appreciated and will improve the chances of getting the exact pet you want. Don't be concerned if you think your description is too long; it isn't. =3
User Image

Has your otter found tru wuv? Is your wolfie makin' eyes at another wolfie?
Did you owners just decide you want some bebehs?? Well, you're in luck.

Welcome to The Otter Oasis Nursery.

~ The Birds and the Bees (a.k.a the Rules) ~

No inbreeding. This means you can't breed pets who had the same parents. 'Cuz ... gross. D:

You may breed two of your own pets, with permission from Lumi. Why permission? Because I don't want people abusing this, and if you try to do it a bunch of times, I'll shut you down. Keep in mind the 3 breeding limit mentioned below applies to these breedings as well. How do you get permission? Just ask me. Who will get permission? Generally speaking, people who are/have been active in the shop will have a better shot at it. Everyone's free to ask, however, so if you're new here or very shy, don't be afraid to try.

Only Adult or Elder stage pets may breed.

Raising clams/pups/chicks is a big job. Most pets will only want to breed 3 times in their lifetime. (Meaning if you expect to breed your pet more than 3 times, you better have some strong, consistent RP going on...)

M/M and F/F breedings are allowed. Don't complain to me about 'nature' either or I'll jab you in the eye. They come out of clams, for pity's sake. Also, they are drawings.

Inter-species breeding is allowed as well, but it's up to you to explain it to the children. D: "Well, I saw your mom one day and decided not to eat her...and one thing lead to another..." A breeding between, say, an otter and a wolf might produce two clams and one pup, for example. There is no hybrid 'wotter' art, and there never will be.

It is possible that a litter may contain cubs from different parents - most likely, from multiple fathers. This is something that needs to be set up with Lumi in advance, and may impact the cost of your breeding in the event of cosplay parent(s). Also, you guys ask weird questions.

Cosplay pets are eligible for breeding, however, what 'features' the offspring get is up to the artist (which is Lumi; Iunno why I'm referring to myself in the third person here). Originally I was planning not to edit all stages, but I've changed my mind about that; all stages, from clam to adult, will have some edits (with more detail emerging as the pets grow). Cosplay breedings cost more because of the lineart edits.

~ The FAQs ~

Normal breedings cost 10k, and will produce 2 to 4 offspring.

Cosplay breedings (where one or both parents-to-be are lineart-edited) cost 30k, and will produce 2 to 4 offspring.

You may keep the offspring, give them to friends, give them to strangers or give them back to TOO (we'll adopt them for the flatsale price and find them good homes). You may not sell the offspring yourself.

You may be able to claim a breeding slot even if there are no open slots, if you provide proof that you've RP'd a romance between your pets. And by romance, Lumi does not mean smut. In fact, smut RPs in the thread or guild will be reported to a mod without warning.

Lumi's breeding slots
1. Closed
2. Closed
3. Closed

Aurri's breeding slots
1. Closed
2. Closed
3. Closed

Foxx's breeding slots
1. Closed
2. Closed
3. Closed
User Image

Out in front of the Ranger Station sits the Park Ranger's Lemonade Stand.

There hasn't been any lemonade at the stand in a long, long time, but now and then the ranger puts out a few dusty bottles and other bits and bobs to try to supplement her income.

Some of the bottles are smoking, everything is buyer beware, and nothing is tested by the FDA.

Line forms on the left.

~ Shop Inventory ~

Mini of the month: Available for one month only, limited edition minis to give as gifts or add to your collection.
Price: 1000 gold
Current stock: 0

Trinkets, Bobbles and Fripperies: Looking for a gift to give that special otter? Think your bobcat would look more distinguished with a monocle? Well, I have a trunk here with a few shiny things in it, if you want to pick through it and add some kind of accessory to your pet. Feel free to have a look.
Price: Varies with complexity of edit and will be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Clam Blast 5000: The text on this strange energy drink is written mainly in some sort of weird squiggles, so I don't know what it's supposed to do. But so far, every animal who's had it before a breeding has produced an extra baby. So ... that's weird. But good to know.
Price: 4000 gold

Package of Delicious Scones: Mmm, scones. Why, the mere act of eating them makes one feel more distinguished! I've noticed otters who nibble their way through a full package end up even looking more distinguished after a while. Freaky, huh? Freaky and delicious.
Price: 15,000 gold

Ambrosia Jello Mold: This thing is really ... wobbly. And I think it has grapes in it. It smells pretty good, though, and it must taste pretty good because I've sold portions to a few otters and they look all happy and shiny afterward. I think it's the grapes that cause them to sprout wings but, y'know, otherwise it seems like a pretty good dessert.
Price: 10,000 gold

Pouch of Brimstone: I found a whole bunch of these little pouches with this weird powder in it. It smells kind of like sulfur which, to be honest, is kind of repellent. The otter's who've bought them get kind of angry about it, too, because afterward? They look all ... spiky and sort of evil. D=

Bottle of O Neg: This small vial contains a viscous, dark red liquid that smells faintly of iron. Animals ingesting this potion have been known to sprout fangs and crave the blood of other creatures. But they don't sparkle. >(

Esprit de la Bête: A small, wooden box, lined inside with rust-colored velvet. When opened, a whiff of smoke emerges and tangles around the opener. Inhaling this smoke causes the inhaler to feel ... er ... not themselves, during the full moon.
Price: 20,000 gold

Corpse Blossom: Titan arum, a large and particularly foul-smelling flower; the perfect gift for relatives you don't like. Rare and difficult to cultivate, it is considered a delicacy by some, despite the fact that consuming the flower causes instant death. This rarely prevents the consumer from continuing his or her day to day activities, however...
Price: 30,000 gold
current stock: 0

Bottle of Rum: Yo ho, yo ho... What's this? A crate's washed ashore in the reserve? Isn't that is an interesting development. Hmm, there seem to be a number of ratty old bottles in here. Not sure what it'll do to you, but ... anyone fancy a swig?
Price: Price (and effect) varies by crate

~ Questions I know you'll ask, perhaps frequently ~

Q. Lumi, I appreciate your creativity, but I can't tell what some of these things do. Possibly because you're mad as a hatter. In, like, a creative way.
A. Well, as long as I'm appreciated. >( In order, they are: Mini of the month (self-explanatory), Trinkets (add an accessory to your pet), Clam Blast (add additional offspring to a breeding), Scones (grow your otter to elder stage), Ambrosia (change your otter to an angelic), Brimstone (change your otter to a demonic), O Neg (change your pet to a vampire), Beast Spirit (change your pet to a were), Corpse Blossom (change your pet to a zombie), Rum (??? Unknown results! Chaos!)

Q. Can I pump my otters full of that Clam Blast stuff and get a breeding with ONE MILLION CLAMS? =D
A. ... did you honestly think I'd let you get away with that? Silly monkeys. You can give one drink to each parent, if you feel so inclined and you manage to obtain the items. Also, more than one drink causes extreme gas, and believe me, you don't want to go down that path.

Q. I know it's case-by-case, but how will I know how much editing some jewelry, etc., onto my pet is going to cost?
A. For the most part, I'm not planning to charge very much for this. Adding simple jewelry or other items will probably range from a few hundred to a few thousand gold. I don't want to set a fixed price for it because if people really want something complicated, I'd still like to make it an option. But it'll cost ya.

Q. No, seriously. What does the bottle of rum do?
A. In some cases, I'll make it known before you purchase. In some cases, you're taking your chances with the Whimsy of Lumi(TM).

User Image

Well, hello there. Welcome to my office n' stuff.

~ Pet Trade Info ~

I kind of have mixed feelings about pet trades, mostly because I've had mixed results with them. If you're interested in a pet trade, please feel free to ask either by PMing the ParkRanger mule (be prepared to wait for an answer), or by PMing Lumi directly (much faster).

Please don't be offended if I say no. I don't hate you, and I don't think your art is ugly.

~ Bribe Info ~

Do you have a lot of gold or some spiffy items burning a hole in your pocket? Is there a cosplay otter you just need to have or you'll die and customs are closed? Well .. you should consult a doctor because lack of otter shouldn't result in death. But once you've been checked over, maybe we can talk about a bribe.

Keep in mind if customs are closed, they're probably closed for a reason, so if you come to talk bribes, be prepared to talk big. I'm generally looking for pure or items in excess of 1 million gold for bribes these days, though there are exceptions. And no, it's not because I think I'm superamazingcool; it's because I budget my time and to alter the schedule requires incentive. ^^;

Is Lumi currently considering bribes?: I would love to, but I can't right now.
User Image

People we lub <3

SpazzyKoneko - Awesometastic line artist and queen of the world! heart
Tatsudoshi - King of the world! xd heart
Aurrific - Splendiforous colorist!
Flying Foxx - Maker of delicious banner arts and delicious colorist!
anemosagkelos - Wonderous RP manager!
Akima - Slayer of Lumi's quest! <333
Dante-Sayre - Who got me started in editing with free reign over plushies and
constant, honest responses to 'does this look stupid? D:'
All our shop regulars - There's no shop without you guys! Lumi <3's you!

People we don't lub </3

Magic Lore (14568373)/Mei Silja (15684435)/etc. - Grossly dishonest behavior
User Image

If you'd like to affiliate, please send a PM with a link to the mule (this account). Please be patient, too, because I don't log in here that often. Dead threads will be removed as I spot them.

If for some reason you want to link to the shop, feel free to use one of the banners below. Thanks!

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/q77vt][img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/otteroasis/banners/ban01.gif[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/q77vt][img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/otteroasis/banners/ban02.gif[/img][/url]

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff