Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 28!

Pitbulls = heart

Heh, anyways. Yeah I think everywhere there CAN be a animal breeder who does it for profit there will be, and thus mills are born.

http://www.millbreederproject.com/ <-- The glider mill project to stop sugar glider mills. Most specifically aimed at stopping pocket pets. Pocket pets is actually the glider mill I'm referring to, but they call their gliders "sugar bears" instead.

http://www.sugarbears.com/ <--- Pocket pet website. Known breeder mill. They mass produce their "standard grey" sugar gliders, and then sell them with small cages and completely messed up diets, etc. They prey on those that react to cute, which is why they put a booth up in a mall and attract people by demonstrating the glider ability to be tame and go in/out of your pocket, etc. They basically make their gliders perform and sell their grey babies (sometimes too young, most of the time inbred) to unknowing people who simply think it's like keeping a rodent. 'Cept...they aren't rodents and it's no where close to that.

http://www.glidercentral.net <--- For all things holy, go there to find great FANTASTIC breeders, people who care, people who design and produce their own glider accessories, etc. LOTS of great information on there, plus the pictures and stories are either really tragic or just too darn cute!

DrizztD's Wife

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Thank you! I will add this to my blog methinks.
Blog link In case youre interested! I am an animal activist, so a lot of the stories there are related to them haha.

Im going to go paruse those links!

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

I recently came across a rat mill online. Then I spoke to a bearded dragon breeder who basically does the same thing at a pet store... so yeah, any pet can be subject to things like that. )=

DrizztD's Wife

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I just hadn't thought about it. If I had, it would be like the internet and Pronz. lmao. If it's out there, there is pronz of it.

-reading over Sugar Bear site- sadfasdfasfffff. Im catching things left and right that are just WRONG.

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 17!

My toes are being chewed on by one of the rescue pups from the last litter I've had here at home. Hehe, 1/6 pups left after today (one of our last females is going to her forever home today). I love love love rescuing, I've been doing it for years now, ever since I moved out at 18. First it was in Hawaii, which meant a TON of cats, I think the most I've ever seen. And then once I got back to the mainland (about a year now) I've been doing a lot more exotics. Reptiles, birds, suggies, just tons. Sad to say, but I live in a "military town" so to speak and there's a ton of irresponsible young couples with the room to buy a animal they know nothing about and then "care" for it long enough to find out they don't want it and either toss it or try to re-sell it.

Being prior service myself I hate the fact that I say military town. But I mean that in reference to the population and the medium age of marriage/renting or owning their own house and being out on their own. I mean there's 30 or 40 somethings that are irresponsible pet owners as much as there's responsible 20 somethings, but with all the moving and first-time on your own type situations here, plus the having a child young thing and then just the stress of the economy. I don't know, I just have seen more animals move hands in towns near a military base than everywhere else I lived prior.

DrizztD's Wife

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Yeah my father is in the military, and the people are always moving and leaving pets behind, or their are younger couples who have no idea how to care for that special pet they just got.. And then they "dont have the time" anymore. It's sad!

I really want to rescue pit bulls, but I need more room for that. Ideally, I'd like to start up a rescue at some point in my life.

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 31!

We just moved into a house with a HUGE backyard and tons of space. I'm so happy we have the room for it now. I only take a litter on at a time but still. I focus more on the reptiles though, since they have less places to go and 'cause I love me some scaley critters. <3

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 32!

Actually, thinking about it, most of my snakes have been rescues. Heck, most of my animals have been. <3

DrizztD's Wife

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I rescued my rat (who passed 3-31-12 ;; ) and I rescued my two ferrets and my Pitmix. I bought my schnauzer, because he was a breeding my mom had and I loved them.

But I love snakes. I just can't take care of them. My love for rats and mice, would not allow me to feed anything to a snake. So it's best I don't have one. lol.

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

I would love to rescue animals, but alas I... don't think I have the personality for it. I'd want to keep them all and yeah, that wouldn't be good for them either.

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 30!

Boas and Ball Pythons. <3

My hubby has a soft spot for dogs, we keep them a bit longer than we should sometimes. But it's a give/take relationship because sometimes we do the same thing with the snakes we get.

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 38!

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 3!

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 6!

Kyra Bloodborne generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 24!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff