Welcome to Gaia! ::

Next event?

Bright colors 0.30612244897959 30.6% [ 15 ]
Dull colors 0.12244897959184 12.2% [ 6 ]
Treat appropriate (Cupcakes colored as cupcakes, fruit bat as fruit, etc) 0.36734693877551 36.7% [ 18 ]
Random 0.10204081632653 10.2% [ 5 ]
Another idea.. I'll post it! 0.040816326530612 4.1% [ 2 ]
Pollwhore 0.061224489795918 6.1% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]

9,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Befriended 100
THeSLuSH
milly17
oh i haen't seen many shops with gryphon

Talon is the only one I know of.
well i know of two others shops but one is close

Benevolent Vampire

15,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Jaded Sunset
It's definitely the LAST time I'll ever outsource for any of my shops. If I can't do it myself, then we just don't get it.

Right. I'm supposed to magically come up with $20 when I have a son, bills, and already owe out a grand to family. Right. I definitely see that happening in my near future.

I can't even get a frigging interview let alone a job! Shoulda taken it last year when I had the money to spare!!

Sachie has been crazy busy with 90% of non-work time that doesn't involve sleeping being eaten up by mom's doctor appointments. It didn't help that she also lied to me about one of the appointments such that an appointment that was supposed to be a quick 15 minute check was actually 5 hours, so I didn't have my computer with me that day. However since I'm going to have three days off, I'll [hopefully] have a bit more time... or at least, hopefully she'll be honest about the appointment lengths. I don't mind the 5 hour ones, I just want to bring my PC along so I can do something more productive than play Devil Survivor on my Nintendo DS.

Once I'm 100% caught up here, I will be more than happy to make certs for that other shop.... just this one gets priority.

Amorous Firestarter

Sachie Whitby
Jaded Sunset
It's definitely the LAST time I'll ever outsource for any of my shops. If I can't do it myself, then we just don't get it.

Right. I'm supposed to magically come up with $20 when I have a son, bills, and already owe out a grand to family. Right. I definitely see that happening in my near future.

I can't even get a frigging interview let alone a job! Shoulda taken it last year when I had the money to spare!!

Sachie has been crazy busy with 90% of non-work time that doesn't involve sleeping being eaten up by mom's doctor appointments. It didn't help that she also lied to me about one of the appointments such that an appointment that was supposed to be a quick 15 minute check was actually 5 hours, so I didn't have my computer with me that day. However since I'm going to have three days off, I'll [hopefully] have a bit more time... or at least, hopefully she'll be honest about the appointment lengths. I don't mind the 5 hour ones, I just want to bring my PC along so I can do something more productive than play Devil Survivor on my Nintendo DS.

Once I'm 100% caught up here, I will be more than happy to make certs for that other shop.... just this one gets priority.

Bakery is the shop now without certs.

And a 5 hour appointment? That's insane! Sorry hun.

Amorous Firestarter

Werebit
I can try my hand at certs if you like?

Thank you but I really don't want any more bills right now.

I *still* don't have a job. 40 applications and not even an interview.

Benevolent Vampire

15,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Jaded Sunset
Sachie Whitby
Jaded Sunset

Eh? I'm confused. We can't use the certs we currently have anymore?

Amorous Firestarter

Sachie Whitby
Jaded Sunset
Sachie Whitby
Jaded Sunset

Nope. I don't have a BMW in my driveway and can't afford the price tag the certist just stuck to them, instead of getting paid 2 1/2 years ago when I *DID* have money.

Benevolent Vampire

15,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Jaded Sunset
Sachie Whitby

Nope. I don't have a BMW in my driveway and can't afford the price tag the certist just stuck to them, instead of getting paid 2 1/2 years ago when I *DID* have money.

That's kinda bullshit on that person's part who originally made them. You don't make something for free then demand money for it many months later. I've been having a hard time mimicking the art style anyway when it comes to backgrounds so.... I'm just going to try my hand at making brand new certs from scratch [unless someone else wants to do it.] I don't accept RL money payments because that would probably require giving out RL info I don't want to give out.

Amorous Firestarter

Sachie Whitby
Jaded Sunset
Sachie Whitby

That's kinda bullshit on that person's part who originally made them. You don't make something for free then demand money for it many months later. I've been having a hard time mimicking the art style anyway when it comes to backgrounds so.... I'm just going to try my hand at making brand new certs from scratch [unless someone else wants to do it.] I don't accept RL money payments because that would probably require giving out RL info I don't want to give out.

Yeah. I figured I had paid her or whatever by now. I can't be expected to remember everything from 2 1/2 years ago. She used to be a pretty good Gaia friend of mine.

Be back in awhile. Gonna try laying Elijah back down.

Sparkly Lunatic

Werebit and Sachie should have a new cert contest!

Benevolent Vampire

15,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Jaded Sunset
Sachie Whitby
Jaded Sunset
Sachie Whitby

Yeah. I figured I had paid her or whatever by now. I can't be expected to remember everything from 2 1/2 years ago. She used to be a pretty good Gaia friend of mine.

Be back in awhile. Gonna try laying Elijah back down.

Take your time...

and I'm not taking no on that offer I made. If someone else doesn't make certs that don't cost real life money, I'll make them. [Actually I'd prefer to make them myself as I can then ensure that they're easy for me to add seasonal things while retaining a uniform look.]

Amorous Firestarter

Thank you Sachie. I can't afford another bill though.

I can pay you eventually or let you have a really cool auction or two, but that's the only payment I can offer to anyone that would make certs or anything for my shops from now on.

I make NO promises for ANY payment, as I will stress any commissions from now on.

I do plan on paying, obviously, but at least then I can't be hunted down because I forgot something that happened forever ago.

Beloved Werewolf

Jaded Sunset

So you agreed to pay her and forgot, now she is demanding the funds?
Or is she just demanding real life money out of nowhere?

I wasn't asking for payment, cept maybe some free pets of my own to color for myself. biggrin

Amorous Firestarter

Werebit
Jaded Sunset

So you agreed to pay her and forgot, now she is demanding the funds?
Or is she just demanding real life money out of nowhere?

I wasn't asking for payment, cept maybe some free pets of my own to color for myself. biggrin

I got overly excited when she showed me the final cert so I blurted out a sum of money - more Gaia gold than I've ever had - and a rather good amount of RL money that I definitely can't afford now.

She said it was 'too much' so I agreed to pay her something. I forgot - it's been 2 1/2 years, I've just near died 3 times since - and now she's demanding the money.

You are more than welcomed to draw up a cert sketch.. There are now 4 of us working on ideas, lol.

Amorous Firestarter

I apologize to everyone for putting this drama all over the Bakery thread. I hate when I do that.

It's been a crazy year and I got a tad more than overwhelmed today.

We are working on a remedy quick as we can.

But don't forget - Valentines Events start in 13 hours!!!

We won't have certs, but I will make a new-temporary 'to be certed' thread. Please allow us ample time to get to your request.

For now, uncerted Treats will be given out with the owners name somewhere on.. Will work up a sample soon.

Hilarious Autobiographer

New Poll yum_puddi

Valentines Event starts in 13 hours!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces