Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Codger

For the Brotherhood wolf!

I chose this entry because Ashur's voice comes through so clearly and with so much personality. congrats AngelFoxFish!

AngelFoxFish

I don't need eyes to see victory
Username: AngelFoxFish
Prompt response: "I fail to see how this is an issue in the slightest. You call this a handicap, I call it a narrowing of vision. And yes, I will refer to 'vision.' You can have a very grandiose vision even without the burden of sight.

Ah, you caught that? Clever, aren't you? I was quite clear when I referred to the sense of sight as a burden. How many are lured by external appearances? Who, I ask, are the more successful when it comes to luring another to their way of thinking? Those who are shaded in such a manner as to draw the eye, with cleanly formed limbs and fine fur to ruffle in a proud breeze. A confident stance, a proudly lifted head can present such a powerful figure that the instincts which may alert you to a predator are wholly smothered by the visual impression of one who can and will care for you.

Consider this: with the proper colouration or the knowledge of shadows, a predator can conceal themselves from view, lurk at the fringes of a prey animal's path and wait for the proper time to strike. Now, what if you did not rely on your eyes? Yes, we all find our noses and ears as much a part and parcel of daily life as our paws, but ah, do we not rely on all of our senses? Were you to smell that nimble fellow sitting behind me and to the left- yes, I refer to the fox who is now sitting still and attempting to be unobtrusive- would you not immediately look for him? Strain your ears to note his presence?

Ah, but the wind is blowing in gusts and he is still, concealed in thick brush. Perhaps he was merely passing by? You cannot see him. The scent comes and goes. There is no sound. Clearly it was merely a fancy of your imagination. Without the visual confirmation of him, you might, in fact, dismiss his very presence.

So true, our warriors do often make thorough searches, and they do not dismiss such clues. I chose an obvious example to make the following ones a bit more clear. Were he to speak with you, that clever little Jasper, you would note his calm tones, how precisely he speaks. You would see his avoidance of any aggressive gestures, and how he keeps his head low enough that you feel empowered by his submission. Everything in every line of his body speaks to you that he is accepting of his position as being beneath yours.

Now, ask me what I heard when he spoke to you earlier? I see you have an interest in it now. Yes, you're correct- everything he said was proper, demure and careful to avoid stepping on the edges of your position. What you failed to hear was the stresses placed on individual words, how his tone wheedled with an underlying hint of laughter as he manipulated you into believing that he was going to do precisely as you said. I heard how the weight shifted on his paws as he struggled to contain his laughter, and the shortness of breath which came as he collected himself to reply properly.

Did you not know he considers you to be an idiot? More's the pity; he's heard me and will now be on greater guard to avoid you until you've forgotten and gone back to relying on your eyes. At least now you... amusingly enough... see my point. There is so much to be heard in the world, so much to be scented... Vision detracts from the focus on such things. With eyes, you see what your mind gives you, what another may wish you to view. Without them, you hear the increased heart rate when a lie is spoken, you scent the hint of musk when a male is struggling to keep himself from pushing outside of his boundaries. All of the clues that are overlooked in favor of what is easier to process are at my disposal.

...and you believed me to be unaware that you have been baring your teeth and inching closer? Look again. Perhaps you will notice that I've seated myself beneath a ledge with a number of loosely positioned stones. A bump of my shoulder will bring them down while you are still leaping forward. The shift of your fur, the rate of your breathing, the scent of your anger all gave you away while you believed me helpless because I cannot see you move.

You'd best return to your duties and find an easier target."

Beloved Codger

This one was THE hardest to judge of the whole batch, because I thought all of the entries were wonderful. (Also, a particular shout-out to Kyrieko, who did a comic panel and it was amazing).

Ultimately, Wibblie's won me over because it was so different. I want to hear more about this cultist pack, and see this poor fish-out-of-water in action!

wibbliewobblie timiewimie
Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy
Username: wibbliewobblie timiewimie
Wolf's new name (if changing): Quinn is good :3
Your Entry: Given his new found freedom, Quinn desperately wants to find a place to belong. The only thing holding him back? Until a few days ago, he had no idea that there were wolves outside the barricades of the cultist pack he used to be trapped inside. Everything about his world has been turned upside down and inside out.

I hope it's okay that I entered just now! If not, ignore me!

Hygienic Ladykiller

Thank you! And congrats to all the other winners!

Beloved Codger

Contest is closed

All winners have been notified via PM.

To the rest of you -- I just wanted to say thanks for helping make this event awesome smile

Another contest is indeed on the horizon -- just as soon as the pack applications are processed, we'll be able to run a puppy contest for members of two packs!

Until then, if you didn't get a wolf, you can also contact Dovaxy, who I believe still has two available for rehoming.

Finally, as a thank-you to all of you -- whether or not you won, I'd like to give you a gift of my appreciation. So I'm giving out colored adoptables, like the ones I have in my journal! PM me with what you'd like colored (a pet, your avatar, whatever) onto wolf lines, and I'll hook you up with an adoptable that you can use wherever you'd like smile

Hilarious Werewolf

fenshae
This one was THE hardest to judge of the whole batch, because I thought all of the entries were wonderful. (Also, a particular shout-out to Kyrieko, who did a comic panel and it was amazing).

Ultimately, Wibblie's won me over because it was so different. I want to hear more about this cultist pack, and see this poor fish-out-of-water in action!

wibbliewobblie timiewimie

Omgosh!!!! Thank you so very much, Fen! And congrats to all the other winners! There were definitely some awesome entries!

Also, Wibblie, you are totes more than welcome to have that comic strip if you'd like! 8D

Eloquent Explorer

Congrats everyone!~ whee

Ruthless Hunter

14,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash