Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have an announcement to make. Well, several actually. This will be posted in both Stymph's and Whispers. I won't be posting it in UR since that shop is essentially closed right now, anyway. But what I'm saying here applies to UR as well.

1st of all, let me start off by saying no, I'm not closing the shops. However, changes are coming.

I've been thinking on and off about this for months and think I'm finally ready to follow through with it. There are 2 major factors playing into these changes, which I will highlight in a moment. One factor is just time. I've realized I really can't, nor do I want, to spend the same amount of time on the computer as I have previously. There's simply too much I have to do at home and in my life. As numerous people know, the past year has been really crazy for me and I'm still adjusting to my life now. But time is just one of the major factors. The other is the state of Gaia's economy. I'm sure it's no secret to anyone here how prices of stuff has soared. So, let me continue by explaining a little how these two factors have lead me to the changes I will mention shortly.

First of all, the time thing is largely due to a shift in my life. Before, my husband was home virtually all the time and available to help me with stuff around the house. Honestly, he pulled more than his weight sometimes as I battled with my depression and other chronic health problems. Now, however, although he works from home, he is doing that, working. So while he's here if I really need him, as far as household chores, he's not as available and I don't find it fair to ask him to have to do all this stuff after he's worked all day. So, I've been trying to lighten what he has to do. Though, I am still struggling with my depression and chronic illnesses. So that plays into the whole time thing as well; be it from sleeping alot or from being unmotivated or feeling too bad to do anything. I don't talk much about my problems, but they are more numerous than I care to admit. And naturally, since G's working and not actually WITH me all day, I want to spend time doing stuff with him when he's done for the day.

Secondly, with the massive inflation going on here on Gaia, running the shops as I have doesn't really pay me for my time. Before, as Flatsale with 6 pets in it at 8k each would have bought me a small, more common item off my wishlist. And an auction going for a million would have bought me a more rare one or numerous common ones. Now, even things that are common from say current or past RIG's, are most often than not, well over a million. And the rare items are virtually unattainable. I've actually took to selling off some of my inventory; stuff I don't hardly use or things I had just held onto for a while, just to try and clear off as much of my Wishlist as possible before things get worse.

And on another note, my comp's been a bit on the fritz.

Make no mistake, I love my lines, I love my shops, I love making pets. Gaia would probably have to close to see me leave. I've invested too much time, and yes, money (darn you MC's and GC), to just walk away. But, as I've said, there will be some changes.

*Large events will likely take place only once, maybe twice a year, with all 3 shops participating.

*I will no longer be staffing the shops. The people I've hired in the past have either helped minimally or not at all. The only two who will remain on is kitty and elven if they so decide. (Depp still remains part owner of UR, so obviously it's still possible that some colorings from her might pop up. I also have not yet removed current staff here at Stymphalians.)

*I'll be shifting focus a little bit with the shops; while there will still be FS's, games, ect, Build-a-Pet's will become more common. I can do them much faster than pumping out FS after FS. It will take some time however to build a set of designs/items. I plan to add to the selection periodically as well.

*FS's, raffles, auctions, ect will still be at the normal price ranges. But some WILL be set at a higher price bar. I want people to be able to afford the pets; I know not everyone can keep up with Gaia's inflation. But at the same time, if I'm going to spend my time on making pets and running the shops, I gotta make enough gold to buy items/pets.

*I hope to open breedings and customs more often than I have been. But, expect price changes. I will have cheaper slots available (most likely the current prices) now and then for people whom can't afford the new prices.

*I'm undecided yet if I'll continue to make Grams. I usually only charge 1-2k for them. And that just isn't going to cut it anymore, esp the time it takes to cert/deliver them. So I'd either have to charge way more, or just not make them. I'd still do the CYO's though and likely conversions.

*All shops will be moved to new threads, with revamping to the layouts on them. Some shops with new banners, some with new banners, formats, rules, ect. Each one has it's own needs.

These are the changes that I can think of off hand, but there may be more. I'll strive to make sure that any changes be fair for everyone; myself, richer Gaians, and poorer Gaians.

Shy Kitten

emotion_bigheart

Angelic Carnivore

8,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Married 100
So there hasn't been any pets in a while (and I think I still have some that I need to cert >.< ) and I have a bit of a coloring block so.....

Fill out the form below and maybe you'll get a pet! One form per person for now, total from all 3 shops. So no posting a form here and a form in one of my other shops.

I'm using Easter Eggs as the inspiration simply because they tend to have alot of colors and patterns, and in the past, inspirational images are at times, not very inspiring. >.< So these should fit the bill nicely.

Egg image: (link the image if it's large)

Shop you want a pet from: (Stymphalians, Whispers in the Wind, Unwanted Rejects)
Do you have a line preference from that shop?
If so, what line? (no supers/elders/gods)
If not, do you have a GENDER preference?
If yes, what gender?

Space Hero

20,050 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Egg image: User Image or User Image

Shop you want a pet from: Stymphalians
Do you have a line preference from that shop? yes
If so, what line? Fire Stymphalian
If not, do you have a GENDER preference? yes
If yes, what gender? female

Angelic Carnivore

8,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Married 100
Egg image: url=http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.antarasdiary.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F04%2Feasteregg%2Feaster_egg_8.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fantarasdiary.com%2Fphotography-beautiful-easter-egg-art%2F&h=500&w=500&tbnid=dxnG2CTOFO2A4M%3A&zoom=1&docid=U2_lKO1T_RanAM&ei=HeZNU6SfJ8K0yATs04C4AQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CFkQMyhRMFE4ZA&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=622&page=5&start=175&ndsp=46]egg

Shop you want a pet from: Stymphalians
Do you have a line preference from that shop?
If so, what line? no
If not, do you have a GENDER preference?
If yes, what gender? Female please~
Sooooo....I might have gotten a little carried away with those Easter Grab Bags in the Loyal's Shop.... xd As such....I have a surplus. And while I COULD just sell them on the MP, I thought I'd offer you guys a chance at them.

Here is what I have:

Lavender Grunny x's 10 User Image
Golden Grunny x's 10 User Image
White Grunny x's 8 User Image
Light Green Grunny x's 12 User Image
Black Grunny x's 8 User Image
Pink Grunny x's 4 User Image

Mint Dander Ears x's 4 User Image
Teal Dander Ears x's 8 User Image
Lavender Dander Ears x's 8 User Image
Cotton Candy Pink Dander Ears x's 2 User Image
Deep Purple Dander Ears x's 5 User Image
Orange Dander Ears x's 6 User Image
Peach Dander Ears x's 5 User Image
Dark Chocolate Dander Ears x's 4 User Image
Olive Dander Ears x's 5 User Image
Dusty Pink Dander Ears x's 8 User Image

------------------------------------------

I really don't particularly have anything in mind as to how to get them. There's not a whole lot going on with the shops at the moment, anyhow. So I guess just post what you want. You may ask for ONE thing per day, up until the 23rd. This will be posted in Whispers and Stymphalians. You may not ask for something in both threads on the same day; one item per day total. This is a 1st come, 1st serve basis. I'll be checking timestamps from both shops. Just post in a big, noticeable font. I'll update the availability as I can.

***When asking for something, no, you cannot ask for say, Pink Grunny x's 4. You may only ask for a Pink Grunny; you don't get all 4.***

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100

10,175 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Befriended 100
fayt- are you still doing my custom
milly17

Ah, right. The one you asked for before I moved the 1st time. >.< Yeah, lemme pull out my tablet and get started on it. As far as the ones Depp was supposed to do, well...I'm just going to send you your gold back. She hasn't done them and it's been a year.

10,175 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Befriended 100
Stymphalian Queen
milly17

Ah, right. The one you asked for before I moved the 1st time. >.< Yeah, lemme pull out my tablet and get started on it. As far as the ones Depp was supposed to do, well...I'm just going to send you your gold back. She hasn't done them and it's been a year.
oh i forgot all about the order from depp but she isn't around much
milly17

Yeah. So anyway, I'll send that back as soon as I complete the current trade, which I'll do as soon as I finish the pet. 3nodding

10,175 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Befriended 100
Stymphalian Queen
milly17

Yeah. So anyway, I'll send that back as soon as I complete the current trade, which I'll do as soon as I finish the pet. 3nodding
alright that is fine
elven_princess001

I've cancelled your trade for the customs you commissioned from Depp. However, I'll be doing Chibiterasu for you. =3
Finished the edits and re-shading. Moving onto color.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff