Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

If you'd like updates and announcements of upcoming sales, PLEASE JOIN THE GUILD.

User Image

Hi! Welcome to Solace Scents, your one stop shop for aromatheraputic items, etc! Please looked around at all the shop has to offer, and don't hesitate to ask about something! We're always willing to help.

_______Table Of Contents

>> Introductions
        ____>>Welcome
        ____>>Contents
        >> Updates
        ____>>General Announcements
        >> Rules
        ____>>Etiquette
        ____>>Pets
        ____>>Roleplay
        >> Story
        ____>>Story
        ____>>Characters
        >> Growth
        ____>>Growth Progression
        ____>>Progression Requirements
        ____>>Current Scents
        >> Availability
        ____>>Flatsales
        ____>>Auctions
        ____>>Raffles
        ____>>Bribes & Customs
        >> Plans
        >> Reserved
        >> Reserved
        >> Reserved
        >> Reserved
        >> List Of Failure :: List Of Banned
        >> Link Us
        >> Affiliates

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

_______7/12/13
    Congratulations to CrimsonCutie666 as one of our new RP Managers!

_______5/25/11
    Congrats to our newest Scent Owners, Dgcakes, Avid_RPer18 & Saint-Cinq~!

_______5/1/11
    DANA NANA NANA NANA, FLATSALE.
    Linky Text

_______4/10/11
    Congrats to the new owners~! We're gearing up for another FS come May 1st! See the Availability post for more details. Trying to get back on track, but my Drawing 2 class is kicking my a**. Things are gonna be slow till the semester is over.

_______3/2/11
    Linky Text

_______2/17/11
    Surprise contest? Why yes~! Check out the Availability section for more details :T

_______9/4/10
    RE-HOMING EVENT, STARTING SEPTEMBER 10TH! 5 Scents up for grabs. If they don't get re-homed, terrible things will be-fall them. CLICK HERE FOR RE-HOMING EVENT.

_______6/21/10
    I'm so bad at keeping things updated, LOL. I am working on the plot update that is super, super late. > 3>;

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

User Image
This link is a reminder of how I feel about Confrontations.

_______Etiquette
    >> Follow Gaia TOS.
    >> Read the ENTIRE front page.
    >> All questions should be PMed to this account, Olivia Solace.
    >> I hold the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.
    >> Don't steal my damn art >_O.
    >> Do not repeadiatly ask Olivia the same question all the time. If I've answered it once, than you're good. I'm prone to taking longer if you bug the crap out of me :/

_______Pets
    >> No co-owning.
    >> No Cosplays.
    >> These pets are RP required, they'll have a set amount of journals and play dates necessary to advance to the next stage.
    >> Maximum of three Scents per person.
    >> Your pet can be taken from you and resold if you: leave gaia without warning, or disobey shop rules and have yourself listed.
    >> Your pet WILL NOT be taken from you just because you don't RP it, I just won't grow it >>.
    >> I LOVE PET TRADES. Unfortunantly, I'll only do 2 a month; 1 if I'm feeling particularly lazy.

_______Roleplay
    >> I expect literate RPing taking place, that means more than two sentences. I know sometimes your brain will fry and you can't think of jack diddly, happens to me all the time, but for the love of all that is of the good smelling quality, MORE THAN TWO SENTENCES. No godmoding is allowed, it is considered a Blacklist-able offense. If you have a question about what is considered 'good RP' as opposed to 'bad RP', PM me.

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

_______Story
    User Image
    The day drew to a close, the sun dipping farther behind the horizon showing off it’s wonderful colored lights in the approaching night time sky. The shops around her own were now closing, but she was just getting started. All her dreams were coming true at long last. Switching on the store lights, Olivia Solace grabbed the box cutter and made the first slice through the packaging tape that concealed away her store’s goods. She dipped a hand down into the sea of packaging peanuts, and withdrew from them several wooden boxes. The boxes were made of smooth, soft wood, and smelt heavenly. She quickly placed them on a counter so not to accidentally drop them.

Olivia looked for the tiny claps on the wooden box and pulled it up, allowing her to open the case. Inside each wooden box were twenty different vials of colored liquid, all labeled with their appropriate scents. The red headed shop clerk gave a heartfelt smile as she picked one of the vials out from the box and opened its cap, taking in a whiff of the scent. “Peppermint...Mnn.” she murmured quietly to herself within the empty shop. It smelt much better than it tasted. Its mint scent quickly filled her nostrils giving her visions of candy canes and those mints old people keep trying to give her.

“It smells so stark in here…,” She said, taking another whiff of the peppermint scented oil, “Let’s brighten this place up a little.” She quickly opened another box containing some tea lights and the incense burners and pulled one out. Setting them up on the counter she poured a little bit of the peppermint oil into the top of the burner and lit the tea light, placing it at the bottom. “So much better,” She smiled, going back to unpacking things and setting them up neatly.

By the end of it Olivia Solace was exhausted, she plopped down into a chair by the counter, stretching out. “Mnn… It’s still burning. These last awhile, I’m glad I went with the nicer quality ones.” Moments later Olivia was asleep, her head reclined on the back of the chair and her mouth slightly open, breathing loudly.

Hours passed while she slept, and the incense burned into nothing. The shop was at a standstill. Nothing moved, no sound was heard, until… CRASH,BAM! The sound pierced through the little shop like sirens through city streets. Olivia jolted up from her seat and looked around dazedly with wide eyes, “WHA!? WHAT’S GOING ON!?” She cried, looking about. The windows were still intact, she hadn’t been broken into. So where did the loud sound some from?

She looked out over the counter, noticing her incense burner had been knocked over, “Oh thank god.” She murmured to herself, seeing the tea light had been burnt out before being knocked over. She leaned over the counter to clean up the mess, and shrieked.

Cherry colored eyes starred back at her and a solitary child shrieked back at her. The child’s hair was stark white and shoulder length, with a streak of red in it. The child’s face was peach colored with fleck of red around it’s eyes. Its clothes consisted of a white t-shirt and red stripped shorts, white sock and red shoes. Before she knew it she had a candy cane in her face, the child looked scared and was making a small attempt at protecting itself.

“Oh my god…” She murmured quietly, starring at the child. It skittered up to its feet quickly, and a boyish voice squeaked from it’s little mouth, “WHO’RE YOU!?” Olivia frowned, that kid did not just sass her, “What do you mean, ‘Who am I?’. This is my shop! Who’re YOU?”

The two bickered back and forth as daybreak came, and the other shop owners returned to their shops, ready for what the day brought. For Olivia, that day brought some rather strange things…

_______Characters

Coming Soon...

_______Setting

User Image

Serviene, the country within the continent of Isitali, on the planet called Midori where our adventures take place. It's a country surrounded by ocean on two of its three sides, bordered to the north by Lorinksa and Rinotia, fellow countries within Isitali.

As a country that is mostly shoreline, the climate tends to be one with hot summers and cool, but not cold winters. At shoreline cities like The Avendine, there are really only two types of weather, hot and humid or cool and wet. However, the farther inland you go the higher the elevation becomes where the likelihood of snow is evident. Cyrus City (the heart of the Serviene country) is a place that feels the full effects of every season, with particularly high humidity winters because of the winds off the shorelines.

The heart of the country is mostly plains, with a few forests that lean towards the decidious side. The outer edges of the shorelines are either sand dunes, or marshes and swamps that carry a variety of aquatic creatures within them. The inside is decent farming land, with some thickets of forests scattered about, but its mostly grassy, wind filled plains.

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

_______Growth Progression

>> Unlit Scent
    User Image
    The first and second stages are the shortest. This is the unlit burner, where the incense stands alone, unlit and basically just smelling good.

>> Lit Scent
    User Image
    At this stage the candle is introduced, which evaporates the oil and lets it disperse through wherever you put the burner in the first place.

>> Child Scent
    User Image
    The most impressionable stage. The child will already have a few character traits to it from it's original scent, but this is where you are able to mold them into what you want them to be. The clothes will be very simple, nothing too complex, and the child will always be in some sort of sitting stance. And anyone around them will smell their faint scent.

>> Adolescent Scent
    User Image
    The stage we all hate. They're teenagers, they're rambunctious, they want to drive you absolutely nuts. Teen Scents have the strongest scent in the stages, they're at the peek of their youth and they like to express it. Their clothes are more outrageous and complex during this stage.

>> Adult Scent
    Finally, maturity. During this stage the Scent's scent dies down a little, not being as strong as it once was. Their clothes are more sophisticated or elegant and express what we may consider maturity to be. At this stage they are also able to reproduce, having one or two children in their lifetime. Twins are very rare, but not impossible.

>> Elder Scent
    Their scent is almost faded, but their beauty is still there. Elder scents are the last stage of a Scents life, the beauty of maturity, they give off that 'all knowing' look that all the younger Scents can't stand. Their clothes will indicate their wisdom and the beauty that follows it.

>> Scent Maker
    Still in the works, but it sounds pretty cool, don't it?

_______Growth Requirements

>> Unlit Scent -> Lit Scent
    Purchase RP, Lighting Journal Prompt.

>> Lit Scent -> Child Scent
    Awakening Journal Prompt.

>> Child Scent -> Adolescent Scent
    5 play dates, 2 journal posts from guardian, 2 posts from Scent, Adolescence journal prompt.

>> Adolescence Scent -> Adult Scent
    10 play dates, 2 journal posts from guardian, 4 posts from Scent, Adult journal prompt.

>> Adult Scent -> Elder Scent
    15 play dates, 3 journal posts from guardian, 5 posts from Scent, Elder journal prompt.

>> Elder Scent -> Scent Maker
    Unknown.

_______Current Scents
    >> Active Scent
    User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

_______List of Taken Scents
    The list of our taken Scents can be viewed Here. We will keep up with it the best we can as new Scents are brought to life and added to our ever expanding world.

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

_______Flatsales
    20K; None.

_______Auctions
    Start at 10K; None.

_______Raffles
    50g a ticket; None.

_______Contests
    None.

_______Bribes & Pet Trades
    I don't do Custom slots anymore. 1) Because my price was so low EVERYONE could get one, & 2) I don't have the time to be taking on anymore Scents. If you REALLY happen to want one of these, you can attempt to Bribe me, but I warn you now that you'd have to be offering me quite a substantial amount for me to even think about it.

>> Customs / Bribes
    Slot 1 - CLOSED
    Slot 2 - CLOSED

>> Pet Trades
    Slot 1 - OPEN
    Slot 2 - CLOSED

I will accept the following pets:
    - Full Moon
    - 707 Error WHOO FS WINNER!
    - Life Dust WHOO FS WINNER!

If you don't see yourself on this list, feel free to contact me anyway as I may have not seen your shop.

Custom Form

Name of Scent: Self explanatory.
Scent: Must be realistic with this, nothing like 'lead paint' or whatever >>.
Physical description for each stage: Be as detailed as you want. But make sure it actually matches your Scent. It's kinda weird to have a Scent that resembles nothing close to it's namesake.
Personality: Should be three key words to vaguely describe the Scent.
Wings: (only for Scent Makers.)

[b]Name of Scent:[/b] Self explanatory.
[b]Gender:[/b] Female/Male.
[b]Scent:[/b] Must be realistic with this, nothing like 'lead paint' or whatever >>.
[b]Physical description for each stage:[/b] Be as detailed as you want. But make sure it actually matches your Scent. It's kinda weird to have a Scent that resembles nothing close to it's namesake.
[b]Personality:[/b] Should be three key words to vagueyl describe the Scent.
[b]Wings:[/b] (only for Scent Makers.)

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

SHOP OVERHAUL - In Progress emotion_kirakira

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

A gag list put together for some well needed Lulz.

_______Naien Haigara
    For inspiring the "List Of Failure".

_______hibi-tea
    Brain farted her shop's PW and had to look it up.

User Image

I'm actually ashamed I have to put one of these up. This is a list of the banned. It can range anywhere from a few days to permanently.

_______Kita Etheria Bloodmyth // Etherial Requiem
      Type; Permanent. Offense; Breaking a Pet Trade.
      - Due to bawing, this explanation will only be the facts. User was inactive in shop for 4 months. User asked Owner to change Scent. Owner agreed. Owner had real life issues to work out. Owner let thread know. User did not read thread and instead re-homed Owner's pet without once contacting her.
      _______Spica Hatashi
      Type; Permanent. Offense; Causing Drama.
      - Preemptive measure to keep conflict out of my shop.
      _______Das Tor
      Type; Permanent. Offense; Harassment.
      - Issuing defamatory, hateful, and libelous remarks to others about my person via PMs.

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

NOTE: Anyone who previously affiliated, please copy and paste the new link into your affiliates section. We are no longer using Chibilinnet.net, so once the subscription expires so will the images. Thank you.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://tinyurl.com/y4rdbg][img]http://tinyurl.com/6b9tta[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/y4rdbg][img]http://tinyurl.com/yzexofc[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/y4rdbg][img]http://tinyurl.com/yd3kh6o[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/y4rdbg][img]http://tinyurl.com/yzsx4xy[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/y4rdbg][img]http://tinyurl.com/yh85nuw[/img][/url]

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Banners larger than 200 x 40 pixels will be converted into text format.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Solace Scents © hibi-tea 2006-14
Artwork © hibi-tea 2006-14
Journal Idea © AnyaXD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items